Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

IMPORTANT SAFETY ADVICE FOR ALL EXTRACTORS!!!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:57 PM

Archive Material :bow:

Great safety collective and you are wild Phineas :hippie:

#42 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:24 AM

FOAF never has a problem with windows and a nice box fan in the room.
:eusa_whis

#43 Phineas_Carmichael

Phineas_Carmichael

Hooloovoo

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,914 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:51 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

25mg of crystalline NaOH was placed on the back of each of my hands. 1 drop[~.05mL] d-H2O was added and the resulting solution allowed to sit for 10 seconds....

I am happy to report that after 10 months, the scars resulting from this foolhardy experiment have all but disappeared. My right hand (NaOH burn treated with vinegar) still bears a very faint reminder, while my left hand (NaOH burn treated with bicarb) shows no trace, and hasn't for months.

#44 drbobb

drbobb

mycolover

• Expired Member
  • 478 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

check out this

also i remember a time years ago when i was making some things i had some iodine tincture and what not making some iodine crystals with the HCL and H2O2 and i fell asleep in a small unventilated room as i had been awake for a few days and the hcl vapor eat the inside of my nose still can't smell very well ever since so thats my lab accident the moral is don't do lab work unventilated or tired/fatigued.

Edited by drbobb, 05 April 2011 - 08:48 PM.

#45 thejackle

thejackle

Smile =)

• Expired Member
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

im clumsy, ive had boiling lye fall on me, i had vinegar, and it SAVED me. only minor burns cuz i keep it uncapped and at a very close distance while extracting. honestly id rather keep BOTH.
i only got some burns no holes though. still sucks....:mistrust:

I had a friend who would smoke a shitload while extracting.... id say no one EVER do that. Personally, i would say don't have any lighters or any fire around at all.

treat it like your cooking a meal for the one you love more then anyone else, but also treat it like a nuke. treat it like that, and do your research and you should be safe.

oh.... i would like too know what would be a good cleaning agent too get rid of the SMELL that lye, mhrb spills leave behind... cuz god ive scrubbed and scrubbed but certain spots still smell...
  • anne halonium likes this

#46 opiatoker

opiatoker

gizmologist

• Free Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 03:01 AM

im clumsy, ive had boiling lye fall on me, i had vinegar, and it SAVED me. only minor burns cuz i keep it uncapped and at a very close distance while extracting. honestly id rather keep BOTH.
i only got some burns no holes though. still sucks....:mistrust:

I had a friend who would smoke a shitload while extracting.... id say no one EVER do that. Personally, i would say don't have any lighters or any fire around at all.

treat it like your cooking a meal for the one you love more then anyone else, but also treat it like a nuke. treat it like that, and do your research and you should be safe.

oh.... i would like too know what would be a good cleaning agent too get rid of the SMELL that lye, mhrb spills leave behind... cuz god ive scrubbed and scrubbed but certain spots still smell...

the best way i have found to clean up something like that is to break it... if it is lye / mhrb = mhrb base, I'd break it with vinegar, that would turn it water soluble and then you could use soap and water to clean it up. or if it is the other way around, something that is acidified, and won't clean up, use some aqueous sodium carbonate... just BREAK IT

#47 PsychonautPower

PsychonautPower

Mycotopiate

• Validating
  • 613 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

How the hell are you guys getting burned by naoh. I spill that shit on my hands all the time and just wash off with water and it's all good.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!