• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ggod

ggod

MycoAddict

• OG VIP
  • 676 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Word of advice on bags......... Buy spawn bags from a vendor like sporeworks. I use these myself and can fit apx 1 gal of spawn per bag. When PC'ing them you have to do for a lot longer since there is more volume in the bag than in a jar. I usually do 2.5-3 hours. One bag is enough for a regular size tub (50 some quarts).
I would try to keep the processes as simple as possible. Building a dust free room is great in theory, but I think it may prove to be more challenging that you anticipate.

good luck
ggod

#22 probe

probe

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 08:44 PM

well i think im going to try at least one bucket and put the rest in tubs and let them grow... but i feel pretty good about the bucket working... it may not but oh well if it dont at least i tried... and its not like i have much invested into it i can get 50 pound bags of popcorn for 18 bucks.... so at most ill loose 18 bucks and a few jars of spawn but if it works ill gain alot of spawn to work with....

thanks for all the advice and support from all
and thanks for being honest with how u feel about my project ill keep you all updated on what happens when i start this project im still getting ready...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!