• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 10:08 AM

I just wrapped up the first flush on my first ever supercakes. Thank you very much Master Hippe3. All I can say is this is the most pins I have ever seen on a pf style cake. These are MS Braz. I have been at it with the agar again to try and clone some of the bigger cluster.

I have replaced the potato broth with rye water from a grain boil for my agar mix. Try to recycle stuff when I can. I hope it grows something. I think it will work but, can not remember if anyone else has tried it?

enjoy the picture!

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00248.jpg

• Om shanti and kcmoxtractor like this

#2 PsyBearknot

PsyBearknot

Psyche-Killa

• 5,437 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

wow very nice

#3 zodd

zodd

walk towards the light

• Expired Member
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47 AM

dilute it a Little. rye is higher nutrition and it helps to keep nutes relatively low with agar so as to keep contams at bay while your cloning, isolating, chasing etc.

1 part rye water by 2 parts tap would be a good mix but strait rye will be a but more than is needed.

this is based on the potato water recipe.

nice grow there dude. hips super cake seems to get these results every time. probably should give it a try at least once.

#4 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 04:49 PM

thank you all.

I am not a big cake fan but the additives sure seem to make a difference in this case. I have already made the plates with full strength rye water and also made an lc out of it for a test. I was hoping for higher nutrition content just hope it does not lead to contams. I may dilute next time depending on what this does or go back to the pda bacause I love mashed potatoes.

#5 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:29 PM

Woohoo! Nice pinset!

#6 plantman21

plantman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:37 PM

That is a bad ass grow there. Keep it up:eusa_clap

Plantman

#7 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,461 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:04 PM

Those are some stunning cakes ryan,very nice.:eusa_clap

#8 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

ok picked um clean and got 347.6 wet weight. avg about 30-40 per cake. so about 34 dry. that is pretty damn impressive for a first flush on some super cake.

I might add that I put in 1 cup rye flour and one cup brf. left out the blue corn, coconut flour, and cottonseed for the super cake.

Edited by ryanzreality, 29 March 2010 - 12:09 AM.

#9 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

wow i was going to do the rye water agar tom. im glad i found this thread thanks for posting and great grow

#10 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:12 AM

I can not attest to the work of the rye dextrose agar. I just used the same recipe as whats on wiki for PDA. zodd says it might be a little to nutrient rich so you might wanna cut yours. I will post some results in a few days. I did a few with multi spore and a few clones of the ones on that pic. we will see how it grows.
  • theycallmejake likes this

#11 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:29 PM

yeah im going to try like 200 ml rye water maybe 10 g sugar and 15g agar then fill to 1000 ml i found a similar recipe at http://documents.pla...ulturemedia.pdf
  • ryanzreality likes this

#12 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 09:28 PM

yeah im going to try like 200 ml rye water maybe 10 g sugar and 15g agar then fill to 1000 ml i found a similar recipe at http://documents.pla...ulturemedia.pdf

seems like a lot of work and it says to use table sugar. also a 36-48 hr soak time will germinate the seed so it would be useless for anything else the way they make their recipe. I just don't know about that. I just used the water left over from boiling and making grain jars. bottled it up and set in the fridge till the sediment fell out and a clear liquid floated on top.

I have no report for growth yet but they just got noced yesterday.

#13 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:05 PM

seems like a lot of work and it says to use table sugar. also a 36-48 hr soak time will germinate the seed so it would be useless for anything else the way they make their recipe. I just don't know about that. I just used the water left over from boiling and making grain jars. bottled it up and set in the fridge till the sediment fell out and a clear liquid floated on top.

I have no report for growth yet but they just got noced yesterday.

yeah i was more or less talking about the 200 ml of rye left over water and then the rest of it. hahah not the whole soak and germinate bs

#14 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:15 PM

I think I may have my first contam of a cake. First I thought it was spores that fell, then i thought bruising of the cake when i picked, now it does not look like that to me. It looks like a blueish greenish color and it seems to be spreading. I am color blind so that may not be accurate. FUCK! I will try to get pictures later to post. does it sound like anything familiar?

#15 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,598 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:23 PM

bluish greenish sounds like trich... but pics would be great! Mebbe seperate that one from the others just in case...??

#16 TastyBeverage

TastyBeverage

Goodbye Ofelia

• Expired Member
  • 5,229 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:31 PM

Moisten a Qtip and gently swab the suspected area. If it is just brusing, your Qtip will come away clean. If it is trich the color will come off onto the Qtip.
  • Ben Dover likes this

#17 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

I will try that tasty. I clicked on the link for bruising. It said to spray water on it and if it ran it was mold. It looks way more blue than green to my girl. It stayed put when I sprayed it, so, I hope for the best. It is on all the cakes so separating will do no good. Apparently my camera has lost itself when it finds me I will take a picture.

Ok. Did the q-tip test and no color came off. I assume that is a negative for mold. I don't believe it is spreading I don't think. Are there any things that grow that are blue?

Oh and an update on the agar plates is not good so far. the clone transfers show no growth yet. The multi spore I did has nothing obviously yet. I also did a transfer from a PDA plate and the tissue has only grown to the transfer slice and has no outward growth yet. I am starting to think it may have been to rich for the fresh clone tissue. Ill gt pics of that too as soon as my camera wishes to be found.

Edited by ryanzreality, 30 March 2010 - 11:45 PM.

#18 plantman21

plantman21

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 881 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

The blue on your cakes are just telling you that either you touched it to hard or the mushies are takeing alot of water out of your cake so its starting to dry out. after you harvest a dunk will help.

Plantman

#19 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:44 AM

I do dunks every flush, fan fc 3-5 x's a day with a misting after each one. I had just never seen the color so bright before. I am still looking for the damn camera so I can get a pic. Hope for the best and cross your fingers for me everyone.

#20 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 05:36 PM

here is the update for my agar work. I say it failed miserably. Nothing grew out on it and I am not sure why. it sounded like a good idea in my head. I assume it just had to much nutrition in it seeing as how the recipes posted above dilute the rye water and I did not.

Attached Thumbnails

• clone 2.jpg
  • ms.jpg
  • 1 ms.jpg
  • clone 1.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!