Fisana

- - - - -

Pigs in cammo

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 13 November 2003 - 02:01 AM

I just got back from a road trip to the northern california redwoods.I went hiking and camping for a week.had loads of fun in the forest.

but the main reason I went was to catch the first rainy season of the year and hunt for wild spores.

well I was lucky to get some advice from some local kids my friend knew in northern humboldt.

and he told me it was'nt worth it this year,the mushroom season was not good this year and to make matters worse he said that all the humboldt county sherrifs had been staking out all the local picking fields hiding all night in the bushes dressed in cammo.only to come out and arrest kids for picking.

they were out every night so I guess they where bored.and so many kids wander through the county every season just to pick shrooms (and sample the flavors of the year),so I'm sure they got a lot of kids for picking.that fucking sucks.

I mean what if I was just someone that liked mushrooms and went hunting for edibles not cyanescens.I'm sure they would come out of the bushes with their guns pointed and arrest me.and I doubt they could even identify any mushroom growing in those fields to know what they are.

thanks to them pigs I decided not to bother looking and bring new collections home.

but on the bright side I came home to a new flush so fuck them pigs,they can temporarily deter me but they can't stop me from being me.Posted Image
by the way it's great to be back to my home away from nature... mycotopia!

#2 bobster

bobster

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 November 2003 - 03:49 AM

Bummer, I hate it when government entities try to protect me from myself.
You should have gone morel hunting just to see if they would have bothered you, you know, keep it on the up and up.

#3 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 13 November 2003 - 10:02 PM

I tried looking in some national parks and everywhere else I could.but found nothing.

the good spots I've been told of where in private property.

and now is not the time to wander around peoples property in humbolt if you know what i mean.everybody's so paranoid.

plus me and my friends did'nt want to risk getting slapped with a tresspassing charge.

but all this gets me thinking on what steven peele wrote on mushroom laws being unconstitutional.

if those sherrifs can't identify edibles from non edibles than why do they enforce mushroom laws and arrest people for picking so called illegal mushrooms.

california laws suck.

#4 Guest_joe_*

Guest_joe_*

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:17 PM

The cops and sherrifs do it because they can get away with it. Because we have not challenged it yet. Next person that gets arrested in the US for mushroom posession will get a donation from me for $100 towards their legal fund. (As long as their lawyer can chat with Stephen Peele...)

#5 Guest_jinzo_*

Guest_jinzo_*

Posted 13 November 2003 - 11:34 PM

Bring dogs with you when you hunt and have fun laughing at the fuzz when your dogs bust them.

Where I go hunting, occasionally a family will stroll by and we will hide. It's so hard not to laugh! Let alone when their dog finds you and starts liking your face while you are laying behind a log...Makes me want to pee real bad which makes it even funnier. A quick oblivious whistle and they are gone. Ahhhh, mushroom hunting.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!