#21 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:32 PM

Man, you're still amazing me with this grow! :o

I'll shortly answer your questions
- yup, oysters are woodlovers but will likely fruit on many other substrates such as straw AFAIR
- sclerotia aka stones is in fact mycelium - just hardened and compressed and I can tell you that tripping on the "truffles" (cos they're called that somethings, although they are not real truffles, they're just sclerotia :P) is a nice and smooth ride. If you still have a larger stone, you can just simply split it in half, and clone it right into an LC.

#22 empirefire

empirefire

FungusAmongus

• Free Member
  • 506 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 01:29 AM

My best grow to date. Is the id official on these they are Pan Cyans? I had never even seen them b4 this..:weedpoke:

P1010152.JPG

Attached Thumbnails

• P1010146.JPG

• curenado likes this

#23 calistoner

calistoner

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

im dancing for you man. props on that. they do look like cyans. where'd you get the print?

#24 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 02:25 AM

Excellent flush, Empirefire! :headbang: :bow: I thought you said you were done with the pans? :teeth:

I think it's 100% certain that they're either a strain of Panaeolus cyanescens or Panaeolus cambodginiensis, which are anyway almost identical twins. I'm also sure (90-95%), but this is my subjective evaluation, that this is the same strain that is also sold from Sporeworks as Pan. cyan Jamaican - and the Sporeworks ID is based on expert microscopy analysis by Workman, which is really the only way to tell for sure whether it's cyanescens or cambodginiensis.

Compare to Pajarito's grow of this strain - he got his spores directly from Sporeworks http://mycotopia.net...mc-compost.html . Very similar in my opinion. The more orange colour seem to be one of the characteristics of the Jamaican strain compared to some of the other pans IMO.

#25 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:03 AM

I love this stuff.

waylit's Pan comparisson.
http://mycotopia.net...ens-merged.html

Yeah, these look like Jamaicans ;).

#26 MonBongk

MonBongk

Pans Lover

• Free Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:44 AM

Just Amazing :dance:.. it's a Kick Ass !! :greenboun:thumbup::eusa_clap:bow::headbang::cool:

#27 tryptaminer

tryptaminer

at this for life

• Expired Member
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:06 AM

absolute niceness. those first few pics are actually pretty meaty lookin!

#28 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 April 2010 - 12:57 PM

:bow: Archive Material

amazing pans

#29 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Expired Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 07:28 PM

Congrats on the Archive. This is an amazing grow :)

You should be proud!!!

I'm still messin with cubes & you have just nailed an awesome pan grow.

Best as it can get. Most people here could only wish of doing what you have just done.

Peace Empire, L2G.

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

#30 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 08:02 PM

I'm doing a late casing also with these avoiding any overlay.

I have a shelf that I put my tubs on which is like a nonlined martha fruit chamber. I just place the tubs when they're on their spawn run on this shelf under 12on12off lighting. After about as long as it would take it to pin normally in the fruit chamber, it pins with the aluminum still on the tub therefore minimizing overlay to zero. Here's a pic of what it should look like in 1-2 days after finally casing and removing the aluminum foil. Fanning 5 times a day with a piece of cardboard with temps of 75-80. Never misting cause they are pinning the exact moment they are opened up to fae. Crazy right?

please go into a bit more detail (you should write it as a tek (yes you will have to do another one (just to good of a work)

So to be clear:

you start LC (multispore?) to grain

then you spawn to horse manure/coir
but with light exposure all the time (in your fruiting area ?)

do you have the air filters closed?

Now is the thing I dont get..you mention aluminium foil, when do you use it?
do you cover the spawn/substrate mix with it?
or after you apply casing (i allways use plastic foil)

you provide air exchange with a ventilator though a tyvec patch (as ssen on the picture right?) do you have it on a timer?

I think you have the only good pictures of Pans without addional humification (ultrasonic, tropicaire etc..)

thanks

and btw..

which of the pan strain..is the most speedy active..

I had pans only boaght or sent from a.dam whren it was legal
some where really straight forward active (on a low dose 0.3g to 0.5g)
others where total knock outs...

I had one that was awesome acid like really solid (i got them from kosmic kitchen (in the 90s)

#31 curenado

curenado

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 949 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 11:09 PM

Excellent grow E!
:dance:
My OmShanti/MongBonk pans are running. Hoping for half of a flush like that!
I believe you are right about the HPoo being a better add than the Black Cow, but not an expert.
While Pan. Subbleteatus was shown to be Polio effective in mice (way back) I don't know the specifics on Pans medically compared to cubes - but I bet I will by the end of this Summer!
You can't go by trip strength/type on the physical medicine issues - a mellow mushie can still be a strong medicinal.

*Rep unto thee :bow:

#32 corker

corker

shamanic Acquistiveness

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Donator

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:17 AM

That's the Bomb!

My Pan attempt is failing, I too would like to try your method..

Peace,
Corker

#33 empirefire

empirefire

FungusAmongus

• Free Member
  • 506 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

I've been getting this question since I don't believe I explained in detail enough. I've had a few more successes after this grow from the same strain using this technique. Try it out on your next grow. You shouldn't be too disappointed. :)

What I've been doing is waiting for the pins to form in the tub before introducing it to fruiting conditions..That way you're guaranteed a first (though a bit premature) of a flush.. Once ready to fruit I apply the casing right over the pins. you are not harming them unless you apply pressure which ypou shouldn't be doing with a casing anyway. Light and fluffy. Once these get fully mature don't hesitate to harvest so you can prepare for the giant flush coming up. When you harvest I clip them at the base with scissors so not to disturb the casing layer. You harvest that first flush you'll have just little bit of Overlay . You can spray it down lightly to get rid of it easily. Your next flush is just around the corner.. Don't mist heavy!!!!! Pans don't use as much water as cubes so the sub get's dehydrated less often. Almost every other flush . Spray just enough to get the casing layer moisture level right and after that get ready in two days to have pins everywhere!! Hope this has helped as it has worked for me time and time again..

Peace

edit: ill have some pictures of a tub I'm doing now with at least 3-4 inch sub depth. We'll see the outcome.

#34 Aqua and Red

Aqua and Red

Mycophilliac

• Free Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:06 PM

Great job on these. I'm currently waiting on a jar of Pan Cyan - RDU from Sporeworks to start germinating.

Can I use your tek for these for a tray culture? You've had such great results. And I really like how you might have disproved the pan substrate thickness theory.

#35 ds305

ds305

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 05:02 PM

Hey buddy nice pics. I took some pics. of some shrooms I found when I went fishing the other day. But i'm not sure if their any good. I think their cubes. If you get a chance, could you please take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks.

#36 Dimitrius

Dimitrius

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 02:41 AM

This is great empirefire.

I'm glad to see the Black Kow compost works well.

If you come back across this thread, would you tell me what the Kow sub consisted of? Just basically, not exact proportions or anything.

#37 maestrokaito

maestrokaito

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 11:33 PM

Im so sorry about the size:bow::bow:

#38 empirefire

empirefire

FungusAmongus

• Free Member
  • 506 posts