• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:36 PM

http://www.chefdepot...andyrecipes.htm

i will be in the kitchen soon

there are few recipes involving low heat 160f /71 celsius

so one could work with that

http://www.therecipes.net/pastel-mints

Edited by Buzztea, 17 May 2010 - 05:46 PM.

#22 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

Buzz, that'll be so great if you cook up a recipe for shroom-pops! or any hard candy really.

#23 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,307 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:13 PM

Great ideas! I have done chocolates many times and are my favorite so far.

But one that really works well, and I mentioned a it few years back and deserves repeating, is mushroom soup. Lunch and a trip in one shot! LOL

#24 Buzztea

Buzztea

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:40 PM

yeah what ever it is..

the mints look promising

it should not melt, be as air tight as possible and involve as little heat as possible

golly has shown that water extract can be reduced with acceptable potency loss..

i have repeated it and had problems only with the last step (evaporating to syrup)

but i got it to a really strong concentrated liquid..so i have to work from there

the gummi sounds good as well as the mints..
as long as it works with below boiling temperatures i think were fine

hard candy does not work..

I guess i wil hjave to make some test runs without magic and work from there

@taterBoard

how festival/hot car save are your gummis

i really want something that i can take to a rave, a goa party, airport, hike
(las vegas) or what ever...without melting and involving vials..

#25 The Biggest Brat

The Biggest Brat

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 20 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:18 AM

I dont have an exact recipe in my head right now, its been a little while since Ive made chocolate mushies. You can do this for caramel too, use good soft stuff or werthers and some kind of emulsifier...

Anyhow, you figure out how much you want in each candy and how many you want to make. Grind up the weight.

In a double boiler melt your candy, use good shit, dont screw around with bad candy, its not worth it. Get some good bulk cooking chocolate or decent caramel and consider how large your candies will be. I forget how much an ice cube of chocolate weighs, but weigh out the amount you will need for however many you are making and melt it down.

Use ice-cube trays for chocolates, or candy molds (you can order cool ones off ebay or wherever and even get ones that make suckers and get paper sticks). For caramels, use the bottoms of little yogurt cups or something similar, and wax paper or parchment paper.

If you have your math right, mix it all together really well in the boiler and spoon into molds. You can do this one by one if you want, but thats a lot of work.

Doctor em up with sprinkles, fillings, swirly toppings, colors, cool shapes, or whatever.

Let em set in the fridge until hard and get on to the next festival...
  • TurkeyRanch, calistoner and like this

#26 doofus

doofus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:01 PM

69ron wrote on that same thread that vitamin c protects the actives from oxidation and colors can help with the light degradation. you thinkin like a psychedelic lemon head lol mmm.

would lemon oil or orange oil be able to protect the actives better than other oils/flavors?

As psilocybin is converted through a dephosphorylation reaction to the less stable compound psylocin in the presence of acid, storing by mixing with vitamin c or any other acid is going to reduce it's long term potency.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!