• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 clavariadelphus

clavariadelphus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 01:07 PM

These are some Psilocybe tampanensis jars that a FOAF growed some time ago. The jars are Rye grass seed (Lolium sp),with a hole of 10 mm in the lid and a sheet of tyvek under it. Inoculated with liquid micellium (H2O+ suspension of micellium) and allowed to grow in a warm dark place.

1- 4 days after inoculation
2,3- after nearly two months of incubation
4 - some fresh sclerotia

Attached Thumbnails

• tampanensis4.JPG
  • tampanensis2.JPG
  • tampanensis3.JPG
  • tampanensis.JPG

#2 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:50 AM

Very cool! How did you prepare your grass seed? What were your incubation temps?

#3 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:53 AM

looks tasty.
on the tyvek-
why under the lid,
why not on top ?
seems it'd be less likely to get wet if above...

#4 clavariadelphus

clavariadelphus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:46 AM

Hey bros!
Grass seed is prepared in this ratio:
2 volumes seed: 1 volume water
in this case was 400 ml grass and 200 ml water, autoclaved for a little more than an hour.
The incubation tempreatures are in the upper 70's (25ยบ Centigrades)

About the tyvek... it was the first time foaf was using it, thought it could work this way... there is a pair of milimeters gap between the filter and the lid allowing to breath all the surface of the tyvek, (instead of only the surface of the hole in the lid)
I hope you understand my english... I need to improve it a little more!

Best wishes!

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:49 AM

estimated dry yield per jar ?

#6 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:39 AM

Looks like Cracker Jacks.

#7 shimmy

shimmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:24 PM

you eat those bad boys? hows the potency id like to try getting some stones myself

#8 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,786 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:05 PM

They are tasty, in my opinion. Kind of a weird almost citrusy tang to them. Excellent trip. Very potent.

I had a few pints form sclerotia awhile back, and I was told to just dry off the surface moisture and then bag em and freeze em. They don't act like fresh mushrooms when frozen; much lower intrinsic moisture and by not drying them thoroughly it was assumed the less-stable psilocin is not oxidized (they retain more potency). My friend learned his techniques in Holland, and he added hydrated lime to the grass seed at a rate much higher than I thought they would like (he said it helps since they sit in jars so long, he recommended about 3 months); does anyone know anything about if this is a good idea?

#9 shimmy

shimmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 10:39 PM

anyone have any decent teks to get cubensis to do that i can see these in my near future

#10 Landogarner

Landogarner

Nosce Teipsum

• Free Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

I believe I read there are only three strains that produce sclerotia? Mexicana a being one.

#11 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:17 AM

anyone have any decent teks to get cubensis to do that i can see these in my near future

:space:
cubensis does not form sclerotia
invitro fruiting is as close as cubies get...
:smokin:

#12 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:18 AM

I believe I read there are only three strains that produce sclerotia? Mexicana a being one.

mex-a, tamp, and atlantis #7

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:21 AM

... My friend learned his techniques in Holland, and he added hydrated lime to the grass seed at a rate much higher than I thought they would like (he said it helps since they sit in jars so long, he recommended about 3 months); does anyone know anything about if this is a good idea?

news to me...
how much was he using ?

#14 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 14,786 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 March 2006 - 11:58 AM

how much was he using ?

That's one of the problems; it wasn't measured out with any kind of accuracy. He used a wooden spoon from the kitchen and would dump several heaping spoons of it into about 25 lbs. of rye grass seed after it had been double-rinsed, cooked, then rinsed again (to make absolutely sure nothing unwanted was still around).

The key to it was how it 'felt' on bare hands. After mixing in the lime, he'd grab a handful and give a gentle squeeze then let the grains fall back into the mixing bin. He was looking for the point when his hands felt unusually dry immediately after dropping the grain; it's not that his hands were actually dry, but they felt like it. It's a weird, unique feeling. Probably the lime acting on skin, but there was no discomfort or burn.

It was not a good run to gauge effectiveness; it was my first sclerotia attempt and it was in a fully-carpeted apartment with two cats. There was a lot of contamination, but some sclerotia as well. My spores are in a syringe that's about 4 years old, so I'll be ordering some new ones soon to try again... and I'll vary the lime from none to lots and keep better track of everything.

#15 clavariadelphus

clavariadelphus

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:24 AM

Hey, sorry for the delay!
Two of this jars where opened,
first one yelded 62,8g wet
second one 59,6g wet
The sclerorotia where dry in a week,and the result was: 16,9 g for jar number one and 17,4 g fore jar number two.

so, sclerotia are betwen 27,5 and 29,2 % dry matter (about the 30%).

The taste is much better than cubes, and the potency (in my case) is about the half when both are dry, so I multiply by 2 when dosing. If sclerotia are wet (much easier to masticate) I'll take 6 times the desired dose of dry cubes (i.e. if I want the efect of 2,5g of dry cubes I'll take 2,5 x2 =5g of dry sclerotia or 2,5 x6=15g of wet sclerotia) Remember that this just worked for me, and don't means that will work for you, search more points of view and always start with weak doses.

Peace

#16 panic

panic

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 248 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:10 PM

many visuals w/ tamp? i was a little dissapointed w/ mex-a as far as actual hallucinations goes....... i find regular cubes to be more psychedelic if not quite as strong in the mind.

#17 Cthulhu's Tentacle

Cthulhu's Tentacle

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

many visuals w/ tamp? i was a little dissapointed w/ mex-a as far as actual hallucinations goes....... i find regular cubes to be more psychedelic if not quite as strong in the mind.

I found mex-a trips to be identical to cubie trips

the only difference being the foul tasting mex-a burps

#18 blackout

blackout

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:45 AM

mex-a, tamp, and atlantis #7

The other mexicanas will also produce, just not as well. Atlantis is the one I would recommend.
Stamets claims many grassland psilocybes will produce sclerotia and mentions P. semilanceata and Conocybe cyanopus as sclerotia producers though I have never seen people growing them on any forums, and have never seen vendors selling these as sclerotia producing strains.

#19 Workman

Workman

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 667 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:39 AM

I have seen a few strains of semilanceata produce some small sclerotia but it takes forever. Maybe one of these days I'll get lucky and find one that produces enough to be worthwhile.

#20 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:40 AM

ref. link on tamps-
http://mycotopia.net...read.php?t=4989

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!