#1 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 18 February 2004 - 07:44 PM

<font color="0000ff">Source: AP/CBS News online
Link: http://news4colorado...04 8123508.html
[Link includes video]

Teen Recalls Hallucinations After Drinking Green Hornet
Feb 17, 2004 10:33 am US/Mountain

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) A Colorado Springs teenager who survived an overdose of an herbal liquid says he's just thankful nobody's dead.

Billy Rocha, 18, and three friends were hospitalized Friday after taking a product called Green Hornet. The dietary supplement is marketed as a legal alternative to the illegal club drug, Ecstasy.

Rocha says he assumed that because the product is legal to buy, it's also safe.

Rocha told The Gazette newspaper how the liquid caused hallucinations, making him think a sink was coming out of the wall and chasing him around the room.

He also said he thought one of his friends who'd consumed the liquid was going to die in his arms.

Rocha's parents now want to get Green Hornet off the market.

http://www.herbalrav...reenhornet.html </font>

#2 Guest_suckerfree_*

Guest_suckerfree_*

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:21 PM

anyone else ever tried that stuff???

#3 Guest_-_*

Guest_-_*

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:26 PM

I wonder what the ingredients are. I couldn't find them on the site.

#4 Guest_sweetness_*

Guest_sweetness_*

Posted 18 February 2004 - 11:42 PM

<font color="0000ff">Source: Denver Post
Link

Physicians: Tonic that sickened 4 teens unsafe
'Green Hornet' concoction likened to banned ephedra

By Sean Kelly and Alicia Caldwell
Denver Post Staff Writers

Green Hornet - the herbal concoction that sent four Colorado Springs teenagers to the hospital over the weekend - is legal, readily available and definitely not safe, according to doctors.

The potion claims in advertising to be "herbal Ecstasy," though the listed ingredients read straight off a health food store's shelves: vitamin C, guarana, ginseng, vitamin B2, vitamin B3. There's also caffeine, licorice and "wild Amazon berry extract."

"It's kind of like chocolate," said Jose Martinez, 21, who was buying cigarettes Monday at The Head Shop on Marion Street in Denver, which sells smoking accessories. He said he tried Green Hornet once, and the effects were "minimal."

But this bug can sting. Medical experts say it's something like taking an amphetamine.

"Some of the effects would be similar to consuming a lot of caffeine, but you typically don't see people hallucinating going to Starbucks," said Dr. Alvin Bronstein, medical director of the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center.

Bronstein, one of Colorado's top authorities on the effects of drugs, said Monday that Green Hornet should be banned. He compared it with ephedra, the herbal stimulant banned by the Food and Drug Administration.

The doctor said many people automatically assume herbal concoctions are safe. Yet ephedra, for example, has been linked to 155 deaths. Its sale will be banned in April.

Although Green Hornet can produce the mind-altering effect users desire, side effects include jitters, hallucinations, vision problems and even seizures, Bronstein said. He said underlying medical conditions, such as heart problems, can be aggravated.

And because such potions typically are made in small batches with little quality control, there's no telling what is really in the bottle, he said.

"This is not good stuff. I don't see any redeeming qualities here. It puts people at risk," Bronstein said.

In the incident over the weekend, the teenagers bought Green Hornet at Mind Excursions, a Colorado Springs store where a 16ounce bottle sells for $44.99. On Friday, they drank the liquid at a motel.

All four were later rushed to the hospital. An emergency room physician told police the teenage boys were suffering from life-threatening conditions, which included excessive heart rates, seizures, severe body rashes and high blood pressure.

Bronstein said the case is the first serious medical problem with the concoction in Colorado. Other users likely have had problems, he said, but did not report them to authorities.

"This stuff has been out there for awhile, but it's just now come to the surface in a very public way," Bronstein said.

Mind Excursions "was created so people could have access to legal alternative herbs, allowing one to take a 'head trip' legally," according to a statement on its website. The store has been closed since Saturday, and the store's owner could not be reached for comment on Monday.

Early Monday, the website promised that Green Hornet, which is sold in plastic bottles with a green hornet logo on the front, "will take you to Venus. It take(s) you on a ride through the galaxy on a cosmic journey into the stars."

In addition to Green Hornet, the store sells other brands of herbal concoctions including Liquid Shooomz, Orange Butterfly, Liquid E Trip2Night, and Liquid Speed II.

Martinez, who said Ecstasy produces "total euphoria," dismissed the Green Hornet claim that it mimics the illegal drug. "Honestly, do you think it would be legal if it compared?" he asked.
</font>

#5 Guest_dead_*

Guest_dead_*

Posted 22 February 2004 - 03:56 PM

I don't see anything listed in the ingredients that I think could cause the symptoms reported. Guarana, ginseng and caffeine? I don't know what "wild Amazon berry extract" is but it's probably just flavoring. I guess an overdose of anything could cause a toxic reaction, but man, how much green hornet do you have to od on to see the sink walking around?

#6 Guest_psycho_*

Guest_psycho_*

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:37 PM

reminds me of a new years rave in los angeles some 5 or 6 years ago where they handed out liquid x and people started flopping left and right which created a chaos scene/riot when cops in riot gear and paramedics showed up to thousands of kids trippin and getting sick.

cops shot rubber bullets and tear gas at every one trying to gather kids like cattle,then every one freaked out and started setting things on fire and flipping over a bus and cars.scary shit.like the end of the world or something,not the best thing for people on drugs.

and all because some dumbass gave out some herbal mix (probably mao inhibitor)at a booth for free to everyone.imagine seeing a friend drop after drinking the same shit you did like some 20 minutes before.everyone's saying don't drink that liquid shit people are dying,while you are looking at the empty test tube of liquid crap.

I was fortunate not to drink any but had friends that were'nt as lucky.

still education of whatever you put in yor system is a must if you enjoy living.

#7 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 27 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

"Green Hornet was found to contain two over-the-counter medications: Dextromethorphan and Diphenhydramine that are not listed on the package ingredients."

DXM can be some nasty stuff if you don't know you are taking it, one good MAOI and you're screwed.

#8 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

Thats fucked up if they put dxm in that shit.

#9 Guest_the_*

Guest_the_*

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:16 PM

Just remembered from my youth there was a bit of DXM trade in my old neighborhood, the folks around there didn't really know what DXM was (most of 'em anyways) and just called 'em "the pink pills". I remember people describing it as an xtc like high, good stuff, until some guy started giving them to the wrong people, see the pills were custom tailored to each individual user's body weight, a little list was given to everyone about the dangers of MAOIs and DXM and such...but a few dumb people screwed it all up. Few things are as bad as having to babysit a 110 lb 18 year old girl when they were just given a pill meant for a 210 lb man.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!