• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Stenciler

Stenciler

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 493 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 08:57 PM

I re-sterilize my needle before each new jar. Can't be too careful.
Isopropyl alchohol is really nice for this, especially if there's not enough room for a burner. And I just stay away from lighters in small spaces now.
It looks like a good box!
(but you're not going to try to fit all 36 jars in at once are you? :lol: )

#22 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

If that's just plastic sealed up (or foil, sealed is key) nice on the inside, should be good to go.

If it's got cardboard showing, might be bad. Cardboard can harbor contams and grows molds.

#23 reverend trips

reverend trips

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

If your careful not to touch the needle to anything else you don't realy need to flame it after each jar.
Wish my box was that nice!

#24 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

will flame sterilize for each syringe, wiping in alcohol between jars, as far as fitting all 36 jars, nope, gonna do half, TiT those, then go at knockin' up again....then Tit those too. Thanks for the encouragement! :dance:

#25 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 09:20 PM

Looking good bro or gal. Your excitment is making me excited for you. Good luck to you. Nice bathroom, I like the double sink.

#26 jrogers311

jrogers311

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 406 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:12 PM

You are ready to rock and roll! IMO flame b4 1st jar and then alcohol wipe every jar after(be carefull alcohol and flames are a bad combo). I would DEC most of your jars reliable and faster(birthday deadline) than adding another stage like crumbling casing. Best wishes

#27 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 26 February 2006 - 10:49 PM

thanks for the 'right ons' ! another question? Before i do their B'day....do i do the total wash down tek....sterile conditions, or can I just wash my hands really well and put them in the 'fruiting chamber' . And for putting water into the perlite....do I need to add H202, and if so, how much? And.....for misting, do I want to use bottled water, or can I be a little sloppy and go with the tap water for misting? I will keep a RH of or about 95-100% Thanks! By the way....this is only a re_creation of my friends set up for photo purposes only!

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 March 2006 - 09:10 PM

i'd avoid touching cakes barehanded, those cheap disposable gloves are handy for that.
perlite water can be tapwater, not much point in adding peroxide.
just rinse perlite and drain excess water,
you just want it damp.
i'd use good water to mist casings with,
tap's ok for humidity.

:kewl:

#29 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 08:47 PM

thanks Hippy....I appreciate the mushknowledgedom coming from you.....so I am on the left foot? i ken procede with all so far...by the way....my spermizoa is coming soon! :crazy1:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!