Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Do You Wash Your Hands?

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

Do you wash your hands after using the restroom?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 February 2006 - 10:47 PM

Wow. I guess I'm just a filthy scumbag!

Not only don't I wash my hands after going to the bathroom, I honestly can't even remember the last time I washed my hands that wasn't shower related.

And I don't shower anywhere near every day. Usually every other day, but every third or fourth day is no where near unheard of. Back in the day, when I was touring a lot, it was often five or six days between showers.

I wear gloves and use antibacterial hand lotion whenever I'm working with my Hospice clients, but that's for their protection, not mine (I sneeze a LOT).

I bet a lot less of you want to party with me now, eh?

#22 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 11:04 PM

Damn, I wash my hands anywhere from 15-20 times a day. Prolly more than that some days. I study up on bacterium quite a bit, which will make you think about stuff like that..

#23 maynardsdick

maynardsdick

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:54 AM

i wash my hands if i piss or shit on em. you're gonna start touching stuff with your hands immediately afterwards anyway: people's hands, door handles, keyboards, etc... so it'll be in vain.

#24 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 12:55 AM

almost always

#25 Fester Addams

Fester Addams

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 01:22 AM

Damn, I wash my hands anywhere from 15-20 times a day. Prolly more than that some days. I study up on bacterium quite a bit, which will make you think about stuff like that..

Microbiology class, need I say more?

though it was fun workin with the petris

#26 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:42 AM

Looks like we need to start an obsessive compulsive disorder anonymous forum.

rather than clean myself unnecessarily, I prefer to wait til I need to be clean to wash up, and only then if I have time or the inclination to. If I itch or stink, or have obvious stains I try to get clean, but until then I've got more important things to do. I mean, don't you people use utensils? why do you feel the need to wipe your hands all over your food and put your fingers in your mouth?

Hmm... maybe I'd be more successful at growing mushrooms if I turned up the paranoia a bit...

:dance:

#27 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 02:53 AM

LMAO! That's funny you brought that up. My chicky swears i'm obsessive compulsive. Prolly right. I'm anal about certain things like the cleanliness of the kitchen and bathrooms exc. Exc. in a big way! She's as messy as they come and i'm an anal bastard when it comes to these rooms and the house in general. She just don't get it! Or, maybe it's me. Regardless, help a brotha keep the place clean..lol!
It's not like I turn the dead bolt 5 times to unlock and lock to make sure it's locked. Or do I????

#28 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 03:12 AM

No, I don't. Only 3 times..:)

#29 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 February 2006 - 09:46 AM

Roseanne (I think) had a hilarious bit back in the day about OCD "numbers." She said she always felt like God had ripped her off by giving her a 6.

Then she met a guy who had to do things 34 times and didn't feel quite so bad...

#30 Jovy

Jovy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

some times yes, sometimes no... no need to lie
if there is a hands fee faucet, deff.. some others i feel im cleaner without using em...
how about in your house, if your home alone, do you close the door if your going 1 or 2?
ill start off by saying, no, i usually walk in not thinking about the door, sometimes i will

#31 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 March 2006 - 06:28 PM

With everything else going on these days, I didn't need to read this (and you don't either). But you will.

Fast Food Ice Dirtier Than Toilet Water!

Out of the mouths of babes comes this news. Budding scientist, 12-year-old Jasmine Roberts from Benito Middle School in Tampa, Fla., has created a science fair project that has lots of grown-ups sitting up and taking notice. Her conclusion: Ice at fast food restaurants is laced with bacteria. Lots of it.
Tampa Bay Online reports that Roberts examined the amount of bacteria in the ice served at fast food restaurants and the amount of bacteria in the toilet bowl water in those same restaurants. The toilet bowl water was cleaner 70 percent of the time.
Even Roberts found the results to be startling. She told Tampa Bay Online reporter Michele Sager, "I thought there might be a little bacteria in the ice, but I never expected it to be this much. And I never thought the toilet water would be cleaner."
The study: Roberts collected ice samples from five fast food restaurants near the University of South Florida, including self-service dispensers inside the restaurants and in drinks served through the drive-through windows. Then she collected samples of water from the toilets in those same restaurants. All the samples were placed in sterile containers. She tested them in a lab at the H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center, where she volunteers with a University of South Florida professor.
The results: In four of the five restaurants, the ice that came from the self-service machines had more bacteria than the toilet water, reports Tampa Bay Online. Three of the five cups of ice from the drive-through windows had more bacteria than the toilet water. The bacteria in the ice included fecal coliform or E. coli, which can only come from the feces of warm-blooded animals.
How did the bacteria get into the ice? Roberts suspects either the machine was not properly cleaned or an employee with soiled hands touched the ice.
Geoff Luebkemann, the Florida state official whose agency is responsible for regulating hotels and restaurants, told Tampa Bay Online, "Ice machines are part of the health inspections. There are a lot of factors that have to be considered, like how accurately did she gather and test her specimens. Plus, comparing the ice to toilet water can be misleading because there are acceptable levels of bacteria for water."
Not so says Galina Tuninskaya, vice president of Applied Consumer Services, a private lab that tests drinking water. "No levels of fecal coliform or E. coli are acceptable," she told Tampa Bay Online. "If you find that, you've got a problem."
In case you wondered, Roberts won the science fair.

Source: http://cnn.netscape....rtyice/dirtyice

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 12:03 AM

'you can drink the water
but don't you eat the ice'
-sammy hagar

#33 Invalid Comfort

Invalid Comfort

Brother Pinja

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

I know where my hands of been, I know where my "winky"s been. I also know how disgustingly dirty public bathrooms are. I do not touch any serface in a bathroom, and I only go if nesseccary.

I always keep my hands clean of anything obvious (stickiness... ect) because I cannont stand dirty hands. I am not completely anal about germs though. I have had the same semi-sanitary attitude for my life, and I only get sick on average once a year [knock on wood].

Not only that, but I have an oral fixation, so I have to keep my hands tidy and everything because I touch my face, lips, and hair so often.

I heard a rumor that makes alot of sense of the process of contamination:

"Everytime you touch a door-knob you indirectly touch 17 peniuses"

I very rarely tough bathroom doors with anything other than a paper towel, and I've gotten really good at opening doors with my feet/shoes.

Ick. :flamer:

#34 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:19 PM

Something else of concern should be grocery carts. I saw on the news a study they did on the subject. OMG! Terrible! The handles and seats on the carts are filthy. They found large amounts of bacterium on the handles of every single cart and on some of the seats that fold out in the carts they found urin and poo from kids. To this day I don't touch the seats, nor do I put groceries in the seat like I used to. I can't see a reason why they can't pressure wash the carts once a week or so. The carts can be cleaned by anyone in a matter of minutes with a pressure washer. Nasty bastards...lol

#35 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• Expired Member
  • 3,252 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:49 PM

That is absolutely hideous. Yuk.

#36 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2006 - 06:56 PM

"Everytime you touch a door-knob you indirectly touch 17 peniuses"

That why they call them doorknobs? Is touching 17 penises the same as touching a doorknob? I for one will never know, as I am now going to quit touching doorknobs forever. Will someone please come to my house and let me out?

And I'll only be getting my grocery cart from outside; a cart exposed to sunlight will be much better than one always left indoors.

Lazlo: Do you have a source for that cart info ? (I'd like to use it to propose some cleaning services to stores and make some $$ on it!)

A doctor once told me that besides washing hands, the single most effective way to combat the spread of disease is to never rub your eyes with your hands. Use a shirtsleeve or anything but your bare fingers!

#37 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,617 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

Naa. It was a study done with the local news. I'm sure there's tons of stuff on the net that can be found on the subject.

Also. They had cams set up in stores showing people covering their mouths when caughing and sneezing, scratching their balls, picking their noses, scratching their asses, exc. and then on to pushing the carts again. Very disgusting stuff. Then you have to consider the meat products that leak in the carts as well.

#38 viewer6922

viewer6922

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:01 PM

i ONLY take the 5th or 6th newspaper down from the machine...I work in the food industry, I have read everything about Howard Hughs...I have been to 3rd world countries, the ones that will not afford toilet paper, or running water in the comfort rooms. I carry the alcohol sanitizer with me at all times....I am clean....I hate penises....EXCEPT MINE..:hitit:

#39 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 March 2006 - 09:23 PM

About all the worries over sanitary conditions and anti-bacterial soap/lotion, I've got to defer to George Carlin:

"The Hudson River was loaded with raw sewage. That's right, we swam in raw sewage. You know, to cool off. And back then the big fear was polio. Thousands of kids every year were dying of polio. But you know what, in my neighborhood, nobody ever got polio. No one. Ever. You know why? BECAUSE WE SWAM IN RAW SEWAGE. It strengthened our immune system. The polio never had a chance. We were tempered in raw shit.

What are you going to do when some super virus comes along that turns your vital organs into liquid shit? I'll tell you what you're gonna do. You're gonna get sick and you're gonna die and you're gonna deserve it because you're fuckin' weak and you have a fuckin' weak immune system."

Consider me tempered in raw shit...

#40 Invalid Comfort

Invalid Comfort

Brother Pinja

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 March 2006 - 01:38 AM

About all the worries over sanitary conditions and anti-bacterial soap/lotion, I've got to defer to George Carlin:

"The Hudson River was loaded with raw sewage. That's right, we swam in raw sewage. You know, to cool off. And back then the big fear was polio. Thousands of kids every year were dying of polio. But you know what, in my neighborhood, nobody ever got polio. No one. Ever. You know why? BECAUSE WE SWAM IN RAW SEWAGE. It strengthened our immune system. The polio never had a chance. We were tempered in raw shit.

What are you going to do when some super virus comes along that turns your vital organs into liquid shit? I'll tell you what you're gonna do. You're gonna get sick and you're gonna die and you're gonna deserve it because you're fuckin' weak and you have a fuckin' weak immune system."

Consider me tempered in raw shit...

That was one of the best skits ever. I agree, although I don't like to swim, so you won't catch me in the hudson or any body of water that is not thourghly sanatized.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!