• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:02 PM

So I was drinking a gatorade bottle the other day reading about spice, and saw someone mention how you can achieve higher yields of spice by splitting your bark into numerous vessels for your extractions. So of course with my 500g of bark from the Toad coming, I decided to give this a shot with a bit of bark, and some bottles.

Basic watcha tek, no cleaning though. Used ~45g of bark per 1 quart bottle, ~50g of lye, and ~700ml of water. Topped off with naphtha.

Sitting in a hot water bath for an hour, then I'll be pulling this naphtha, and adding more for my second pull which will be pulled in a few hours. Third pull will have ~12-15 hours sitting time, fourth will have an hour, and then I will be freezing these jars in a giant deep freeze :)

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1272996068
Bark about to be added to basified bottles.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1272996068
Sludgey goodness :)

More pics to come of yield, pulls, and freezing!

Attached Thumbnails

• 0504101224a.jpg
  • 0504101243a.jpg

• Frequency likes this

#2 opiatoker

opiatoker

gizmologist

• Expired Member
  • 523 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:42 PM

nice... good luck.

don't keep that in those bottles too long, and make certain there is no - or + pressure in the bottles. the NaOH will rip right through them, especially when in the heat bath. if sitting at room temperature, it will dry and make the bottles deteriorate, in heat, it will literally just split the bottle wherever there is pressure. keep an eye on it, or put in an HDPE bottle before too late.

#3 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Good idea. I would like to hear how it comes out. I would recommend you get some good HDPE plastic clear bottles from online.
:rasta:

#4 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:27 PM

nice... good luck.
don't keep that in those bottles too long, and make certain there is no - or + pressure in the bottles. the NaOH will rip right through them, especially when in the heat bath. if sitting at room temperature, it will dry and make the bottles deteriorate, in heat, it will literally just split the bottle wherever there is pressure. keep an eye on it, or put in an HDPE bottle before too late.

I made sure the lye was thoroughly disolved in the water (water was clear and free of any sediment at the bottom), and I'll be releasing pressure every few hours now since you brought it up. There's no heat building up however, none being produced at all.
I went ahead and put the first pulls in another gatorade bottle, and put that in my deep freeze. I'll post results tomorrow :) The remaining 3 pulls will be allowed to soak in the bark for ~24 hours, then frozen and evap'd most likely outside. Fingers crossed for great results! :cacti:

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1273001290
The naphtha after being pulled, you can see the small bit of naphtha still on top. Looks to be a nice yellowish tint, I'm looking forward to the results.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0504101405a.jpg

#5 copelandiaKidd

copelandiaKidd

I am

• Free Member
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:07 PM

PLease Keep us updated!!!!!!

#6 psilocypher

psilocypher

Deceased

• Expired Member
  • 435 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

Im sure that if you pull only pure clean solvent, you will be enjoying some stunning lil crystals very soon ;)

#7 Mushxmagik

Mushxmagik

Tripindicular!!!!

• Expired Member
  • 188 posts

Posted 04 May 2010 - 03:11 PM

grabbin a seat for this one!

#8 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:13 AM

Im sure that if you pull only pure clean solvent, you will be enjoying some stunning lil crystals very soon ;)

You were right! :amazed:

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1273072335
Bottle a few moments after being pulled out of the freezer.

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1273072335
Pan ready to dry!!

Drying pictures will be posted in a few hours.

Attached Thumbnails

• 0505100953a.jpg
  • 0505100948a.jpg

• calistoner likes this

#9 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:30 PM

Looks pretty cant wait.
:amazed:

#10 psilocypher

psilocypher

Deceased

• Expired Member
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

#11 calistoner

calistoner

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:40 PM

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

hells yeah im with you buddy

:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

#12 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 03:52 PM

Thaaaaaanks :)

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1273092630
Tray pre-scraping

Scraped up pile :D

On a bit of white card so you can see the coloring. Very very fine yellow crystals :) I'm VERY pleased with this so far. And this is the first pull!!! Results from second pull will be here tomorrow :)

Attached Thumbnails

• 0505101254a.jpg
  • 0505101258a.jpg
  • 0505101120a.jpg

#13 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:30 PM

Good looking spice sir!
:teeth:

#14 calistoner

calistoner

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 11:36 PM

so i just realized you went from sludge to spice within 24 hours.

impressive man. you give me inspiration :bow:

#15 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• Expired Member
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 12:55 AM

Great job bro! :thumbup: Fantastic work JustWeed. :eusa_clap

Guess you'll have to change your name to JustWeedandD haha. Any plans for smoking? Got a pipe style in mind?

#16 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 01:26 AM

so i just realized you went from sludge to spice within 24 hours.

impressive man. you give me inspiration :bow:

My last batch of spice also came out sludgey :( So from slude to white in one batch :D

Great job bro! :thumbup: Fantastic work JustWeed. :eusa_clap

Guess you'll have to change your name to JustWeedandD haha. Any plans for smoking? Got a pipe style in mind?

Name change is $10, any takers? This paycheck though I'll become Pixles I'm thinking....

#17 psilocypher

psilocypher

Deceased

• Expired Member
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:39 AM

Wonderful result man!

Very spicy spice... ;)

#18 mindbender21

mindbender21

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

excellent first pull! keep up the good work!:eusa_clap

#19 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:40 AM

Strangely enough, after such a great first pull, second pull yielded nadda. Grabbed my bottle of naphtha from the freezer, no sediment in the bottom. I think it was still just in the naphtha however, so I'm going to try evaping some of it off (~50% or so) and then refreezing. Next pull is already in the works :)

#20 calistoner

calistoner

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 760 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:31 AM

so, this tek works great. i followed it the T.

only problem i'd say is that something happens to the cap and it starts to leak not too big of a problem if you dont mind getting slimy oily gunk all over the place lol

but other then that works like a freaking charm. gatorade bottles are much more convenient than milk jugs for small amounts.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!