• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 budgreen

budgreen

The MadMan

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:12 PM

Iv had my gt`s in my fruiting chamber for 4 weeks at about 74 d f 100% H dunk and rolled never pined in jar i dont know it took 36 days to fully cononize give it light for a week and nothin i am not a avid grower it is my first grow my dad is helping me he grew a bunch on his first grow in the late 70`s but we are stumped

Attached Thumbnails

• rsz_100_1281.jpg

Edited by budgreen, 06 May 2010 - 04:21 PM.

#2 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

When did the white little dots or bumps appear on this cake? It's a good sign.

#3 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

How does the cake smell? If it doesn't smell like fresh mushrooms from the grocery store, it could have some bacterial contam issues (especially if it smells sour at all), which would inhibit pinning.

Has it been in the fruiting chamber for four weeks with no pins? I would gently scrape the surface, dunk it again and give it another couple of weeks.

Occasionally you will run into mycelium networks which just will not produce fruits. I hope that is not the case for you.

Good luck.

#4 budgreen

budgreen

The MadMan

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

How does the cake smell? If it doesn't smell like fresh mushrooms from the grocery store, it could have some bacterial contam issues (especially if it smells sour at all), which would inhibit pinning.

Has it been in the fruiting chamber for four weeks with no pins? I would gently scrape the surface, dunk it again and give it another couple of weeks.

Occasionally you will run into mycelium networks which just will not produce fruits. I hope that is not the case for you.

Good luck.

ohh ya smells great and always had what do you mean by scraping them it is not a contam 100%shure

#5 budgreen

budgreen

The MadMan

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:38 PM

When did the white little dots or bumps appear on this cake? It's a good sign.

after 5 days to a week the verm you see is the second dunk you cant see the 1st dunk verm

#6 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 05:41 PM

I thought it was hyphal knots (click on it) but it's probably just verm. Do what MLB says. Scrape and dunk if it's dry. AND fan it twice a day. Air exchange is very important during fruiting.

#7 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 May 2010 - 03:59 AM

ohh ya smells great and always had what do you mean by scraping them it is not a contam 100%shure

Scraping is simply disturbing the substrate in order to stimulate pinning. It is not needed 99% of the time, but if you have had the cake in fruiting mode for a month and nothing has happened, gently scraping the surface of the cake with a fork cleaned with rubbing alcohol could induce some pinning.

And give it a good dunk, too--as it's probably really light at this point.

I wish you luck!

#8 budgreen

budgreen

The MadMan

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 09:54 AM

Scraping is simply disturbing the substrate in order to stimulate pinning. if you have had the cake in fruiting mode for a month and nothing has happened, gently scraping the surface of the cake with a fork cleaned with rubbing alcohol could induce some pinning.

And give it a good dunk, too--as it's probably really light at this point.

ya i dunk and rolled it a lil over 4 weeks ago it soaked up plenty of water have`nt touched it since did what you said scraped it dunked it overnight i also didn't COLDSHOCK it the fist time so i did that rolled it and put a bit of verm on top so wellsee should be about 2 weeks now right at the temps i said earlier..

#9 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2010 - 11:11 AM

After 4 weeks in a fruiting chamber, that cake was dry, I am sure. You did right by dunking. Give it lots of FAEs and hopefully you will see pinning quite soon.

BTW, cold shocking is useless for cubensis, as the species' origin is sub-tropical. The only reason to dunk cakes in the refrigerator is to keep contams at bay during the dunk. You can dunk at room temps if you change the water every 6-8 hours.

Many good vibes on your grow, man.

#10 budgreen

budgreen

The MadMan

• Expired Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 01:16 PM

Thanks for the vibes man...

and back to you, and all your grows ...:rasta:

#11 MLBjammer

MLBjammer

Shaman Pouch!

• 9,424 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 08 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

Thanks, Bud. I hope that cake puts out for you, man.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!