• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 12:04 AM

Anyone have a source of vacutainers...looking for a lot of them...like...100. any size pretty much.

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:51 AM

http://vwrlabshop.co...hcd2=1141563360

#3 motograter

motograter

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 603 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:11 PM

http://www.ryvmed.co...tail.aspx?ID=83
16 x 100 mm x 10.0 ml BD Vacutainer glass serum tube. Red conventional closure. Paper label. No additive, silicone coated. Box of 100.

$17.99

#4 MurCurY

MurCurY

I.Know.All

• OG VIP
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

i'll have to get the woman to order them...she's got the CC. That's an awsome deal. Thanks much.

#5 shedthemonkey

shedthemonkey

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 05 March 2006 - 04:57 PM

Wow...great price on vacutainers. Too bad they are so small.

Just FYI, the Foodsaver brand vacuum sealer has a lid attachment that turns widemouth half pints, pints, and quart jars into re-useable vacutainers using a new (no holes) metal lid. :) Just sayin. :)

Oh...and Foodsaver makes pretty decent vacuum jars (sizes from pints to gallons) that you can find at Wal-mart but they are MUCH more expensive than above. There is an 8x10x2 pan with a vacuum lid from the same company that makes awsome maranated meat very quick and can dunk 4 standard cakes under vacuum and have them saturated with water in an hour.

The pictures are of the Foodsaver system I have. There is a hose that runs from the main unit that pulls the vacuum and can impulse seal under vacuum or just seal. The second pic is the special adapter lid so you can use standard metal lids under vacuum. The third is how you use a spoon to pop the vacuum to get at your stuff. Works well. :)

Good luck.

Further edit:
Added two more pix. One is just another view of a decent size Foodsaver container. It is a great way to store dry fruit. :D Then the last one is a pic I just ran into again. This is what a dunk looks like under vacuum. Those of you who have tried to dunk know that cakes really like to float. :D Under vacuum...not so much.

Attached Thumbnails

• clone invitro sunk.jpg
  • Tex log final in jar.jpg
  • foodsaver 03.jpg
  • foodsaver 04.jpg
  • foodsaver 02.jpg

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!