• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Baseball_junkie

Baseball_junkie

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 110 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:23 PM

Anybody got an easy method of finely shredding your H-Poo???

#2 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

I have an old wheelbarrow. I made a screen frame that fits over it. I throw my turds on the screen, then take a board, like a 2x6, about a 2 feet in length, and scrub the poo. The rocks and large debri stays on the screen, the poo falls through.

And I'm not talking window screen, but larger, open type screen. I'll try to take a picture if I can. I haven't used it yet this season and I believe it's packed up currently.

#3 mushmind

mushmind

campus radical

• Expired Member
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:21 PM

I'm a newb to poo but i just used my poopy ole hands.

#4 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, hand shredding a lot of poo is a chore and then you have poop nails when your done :horse:

I bet a tumbler of some kind could be crafted with some sort of crank to stir and shred it up. Just have like old fan blades in it, turn the crank and shred the poo. In theory it sounds good, right?

#5 scooby doo

scooby doo

Cerebral Surf Rider

• Expired Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:34 PM

Take a trash can...cut a whole in the lid big enuf to get your weedwacker head into it...fire up the weed wacker and get it done!

#6 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:36 PM

Take a trash can...cut a whole in the lid big enuf to get your weedwacker head into it...fire up the weed wacker and get it done!

Safety Warning with that method ~ horse poo/cow poo come from stalls or fields. There are many many rocks in gathered poo. This I know from handling a lot of shit in my time.

Wear goggles and stand back if you're going to weed whack your shit.

#7 scooby doo

scooby doo

Cerebral Surf Rider

• Expired Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Safety Warning with that method ~ horse poo/cow poo come from stalls or fields. There are many many rocks in gathered poo. This I know from handling a lot of shit in my time.

Wear goggles and stand back if you're going to weed whack your shit.

That's why you only cut a hole big enuf in the lid to let the weedwhacker head into it (5-6 inches at the most)...most of the trash can lid is there still...in effect diverting the stray pieces from hitting you in the eyes.

#8 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

True. I agree to disagree :). The motor on a weed whacker is quite a bit larger then the handle so debris like rocks can fly. Just issuing a safety warning.

#9 ryanzreality

ryanzreality

mushroom murderer

• Expired Member
  • 907 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:47 PM

another safety warning. wear a mask when working with poo or straw or any materials that may produce a fine airborne dust. A must with the weed waker method. I do not like breathing that stuff in. I am an avid hand shredder as this method seems to produce the least amount of dust. I also have a lot of free time. The screen method freaky mentions I have seen more than once and seems to produce bulk quickly with minimal effort. just pick up some 1/4-1/2 inch welded wire from the fencing section of lowes and a few 1x4s to build a frame attach the wire to the frame and get to work. If you come up with any inventive methods let us know.

#10 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

Good point about the mask! :bow:

#11 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,978 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 27 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

The two best ways i've found to shred horse manure involve first drying the Horse-flop properly and then:

A: Rubbing the dried/moist horse poo over a metal grate while wearing gloves.

Posted Image

B: Use a leaf mulcher/shredder to suck up and shred dried horse manure balls.

Posted Image Leaf Mulcher/Shredder

If using method A it can be helpful to soak the the Horse-flop over night and then rake the balls over the metal grating. This is because horse manure balls can be very hard when fully dried. If using method B make sure that the manure is dried before running through the mulcher/shredder.

Attached Thumbnails

• expanded_metal_grating.jpg

Edited by hyphaenation, 28 May 2010 - 01:50 AM.

#12 usagolden

usagolden

A Tin Can Banana

• OG VIP
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:46 AM

i just bought one of those tonight!
ground up poo a few hours later
it was a breeze
beats the hell out of breaking chunks of hard horse crap by hand
beats the bloody hell out of it
i got one on clearance at lowes for $45
12 amp
already it is turning out to be a wonderful purchase

#13 Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Guest_valleyofmushies_*

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:07 AM

oh hyph i'm trying this one too. i posted something the other day looking for this method exactly .

thx man

#14 Guest_Yogin_*

Guest_Yogin_*

Posted 28 May 2010 - 03:47 AM

Hyphae has the right answer. One tip on that. pay a little more for the leafblower with the steel blade. The cheap ones with plastic blades burn out quick if your poo has any stones in it which is very common.

#15 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2010 - 06:36 AM

Good find Hyph! My method is because my mycology is on a budget :)

#16 Purehydro

Purehydro

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Use a Ball Mill like they do for gunpowder only larger

Barrel with lid(I have tons of plastic ones here available)
Ball bearings(river rocks if you are cheap)
Rollers
Motor(I forgot the name of the type that turns slowly)
Old bicycle inner tubes(Very common here)
Superglue

Hook motor to one of the rollers that has a band of inner tube Attached around it. Toss poo and ball bearings inside, attach lid securely and then turn on the motor. You probably want some guide posts on the sides to keep it in place.

Warning:
YMMV depending on your mechanical ability, your inability to electrocute yourself and/or the possibility of supergluing your fingers, inner tube, body face or some combination there of together. Using the wrong type of motor may cause a 55 gallon barrel containing manure, and bearings/racks to fly in all directions. Not securing the lid properly may lead to a mess and an angry ol' lady. Not using an inner tube to increase the coefficient of friction may cause the barrel not to turn. This product may also cause cancer, diarrhea, herpes and spontaneous combustion. Please gather an audience when you start it and film it for youtube infamy.

#17 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• OG VIP
  • 12,357 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:57 PM

This product may also cause cancer, diarrhea, herpes and spontaneous combustion. Please gather an audience when you start it and film it for youtube infamy.

:lol: good stuff

#18 valleyofmushies

valleyofmushies

Found

• OG VIP
  • 460 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

so glad i just found this thread again, will get some screen from home depot and try just rubbing the poo over the screen into a bucket ,man its like i read this thread in 2010 and forgot all about it, been hand shredding still.
like ryan, too mush free time i guess.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!