Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Do you ever ingest shrooms while in a bad mood?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Free Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 03:37 AM

Just wondering?

I did the other day & really regretted it. It amplified the mood.

I was hung-over & not in the mood but a mate was super-keen so off we went.

How does it affect you? Does it amplify or carry over the bad mood you started with or does your mood improve?

L2G
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

#2 iShroom

iShroom

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 01:14 PM

Just wondering?

How does it affect you? Does it amplify or carry over the bad mood you started with or does your mood improve?

L2G
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

I have gained more respect for mushrooms the more I learn and experience them.

I have in the past ingested them while in a bad mood, or in/ going to a "unfit" environment (usually a place with too much activity) and it does effect the trip, sometimes negatively - utter confusion, sometimes forgetting events which had occured.

I've been more responsible with my psyche (KNOW THYSELF :D) and when I choose to ingest lately.

I feel as though my mind knows when it is the right time to indulge and if my head isn't "in it" then I won't partake. Sometimes being a sitter and smoking some bowls is just as fun as tripping.

Good luck with your future adventures into the unknown!!:dance:

EDIT: voted sometimes. as in, "sometimes.. but not often"

#3 Oblivion

Oblivion

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:03 AM

I've done it too L2G just to see what would happen and I've noticed the same as you. It really shows you what a bad mood is all about doesnt it?

#4 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:43 AM

Just wondering?

I did the other day & really regretted it. It amplified the mood.

I was hung-over & not in the mood but a mate was super-keen so off we went.

L2G

Thats why I don't.

#5 Teonanacatl38

Teonanacatl38

Extradimentional Psilocypher

• Expired Member
  • 1,243 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Yes...

I often work with mushrooms in an effort to get to the core of inner dissonance.

Things might get rough, but the result of Dancing within the Fire, is one of true Alchemy. You consciously and willfully commit yourself to an Alchemical process wherein the dross of your unrealized/dysfunctional perceptions, burns away, revealing the transmuted Gold of perceptual awareness/understanding.

Our conceptualization of pain (including fear and anger) are often spawned from a lack of understanding...an inability to comprehend the roots of our misguided interpretation. Iv found that the most effective way to rectify these difficult experiences it to dive in head first, and flesh that shit out at a full run. Your will and intent has to be strong, and any tendencies towards guilt must be thrown completely out the window.....It's worthless and will only obscure true understanding.

Give it a shot.

Posted Image

• Calaquendi, Erkee, AGAMA and 1 other like this

#6 PsychoDrogue

PsychoDrogue

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:12 PM

Mushrooms have called for me many times while set and setting have been far from perfect. I have walked away from these experiences feeling like they have made far more difference in my life than any recreational or even intentionally good trips.

During difficult times I find myself hashing threw the worst of my problems within hours and moving on to better things. Sometimes I can flip things around if they get too tough by simply turning on some cartoons and getting lost in those instead.

In the end I never take them unless I feel like it. I only trip so many times a year in the first place, but close to half of those are problem solving trips instead of happy feel good trips.
  • ozb likes this

#7 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,805 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:56 PM

oh hell no!

Garbage In = Garbage Out

if I come to the trip in a bad mood I would expect bad trip

if I come to the trip in a good mood I would expect a good trip

of course, you usually get the trip you need not the trip you want but I'd never go looking for trouble.

#8 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

Never!
pharmer nailed my attitude exactly.

I always plan my trips. I need the right amount of time, space and frame of mind to be able to even think of having a trip. Lately it is once a year that I search the outer realms.

This was not always the case though. In my early days it was a party. It was only when I was able to grow my own that the real meaning came to me.

Respect reveals itself in many ways.........
  • Calaquendi likes this

#9 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:32 PM

I sometimes use smaller doses for anxiety and depression control. If I am feeling a bit down, 0.3 g of cubies can perk me right up, and I feel that the effects last me a few days.

:pirate: TR
  • Teonanacatl38 and Lookin 2 Grow like this

#10 rabidhamster86

rabidhamster86

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:49 AM

Teonanacatl*38, PsychoDrogue, and pharmer said most of what I had to say already.

The single most therapeutic experience of my life was the night I decided to trip my fur off when I was in a really bad mood. So much I had inside of me that I was hiding from, came out. There was no escape. These are your problems! They're right here! You are not leaving this place until you sort them out! That's how it felt. Sobbed so hard that night. As I was coming down, I couldn't stop laughing, because I felt truly cleansed.

It's amazing how what's on the surface submerges, and what's hidden underneath rises to the top, as if your brain literally rolls over to expose it's underside to the universe.

To paraphrase 'you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, the shrooms will give you what you need.'

Cheers,

The Hamster

#11 Morgoth

Morgoth

Iluvatar

• Expired Member
  • 346 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:30 PM

Yes...

I often work with mushrooms in an effort to get to the core of inner dissonance.

Things might get rough, but the result of Dancing within the Fire, is one of true Alchemy. You consciously and willfully commit yourself to an Alchemical process wherein the dross of your unrealized/dysfunctional perceptions, burns away, revealing the transmuted Gold of perceptual awareness/understanding.

Our conceptualization of pain (including fear and anger) are often spawned from a lack of understanding...an inability to comprehend the roots of our misguided interpretation. Iv found that the most effective way to rectify these difficult experiences it to dive in head first, and flesh that shit out at a full run. Your will and intent has to be strong, and any tendencies towards guilt must be thrown completely out the window.....It's worthless and will only obscure true understanding.

Give it a shot.

Posted Image

nailed that shit brother! agree 100% :bow::bow:

#12 Digital Phoenix

Digital Phoenix

Morphogenesis in Stasis

• Free Member
  • 333 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:42 PM

Yes...

Give it a shot.

Posted Image

Love it!:headbang:

+ 1

#13 AGAMA

AGAMA

Open Your Eyes And Realize That We Are One

• Site Administrator
  • 5,094 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:35 AM

Ya know, I've really NEVER considered "trippin'" while in a bad mood, but the idea of doing it on purpose to work through problems has my attention!

A whole other way of lookin' at things.

More to ponder.....

Thanx.

#14 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 6,899 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2010 - 08:52 AM

I sometimes use smaller doses for anxiety and depression control. If I am feeling a bit down, 0.3 g of cubies can perk me right up, and I feel that the effects last me a few days.

:pirate: TR

I do the same... very low dose to bring my spirit back up.

#15 Mike-420

Mike-420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:13 AM

Ive ate them a cpl times while in a bad mood and have had mixed reactions.. depending on how much and this has only been done with p.cyans not tried with cubes yet..

at low doses ive found for me its a very high body buzz and mood lifter

at medium doses its alot more psychological and less body buzz type of high at times i find my thoughts turning darker and deeper into anger but often can come out of that if i leave the room or get away from people and just laydown.

at high doses, uncontrollable thoughts ranging from good 1 second to very angry and dark in nature the next with no control or ablitity to stop for at least an hour but what feels like eternity.. and then theres the muscle parlasis that goes with p.cyans for some people.. I get it bad @ doses over 3-4grams So high doses being 8.66 grams this round i was glued to the floor unable to move which in turn PISSES you off or me rather cuz @ that point i wanted in bed soooooo bad.

So.. thats my story :D

Low dose being 1-2 grams * 2 being a little HIGH on the low side Unless your tollerence is up from a previous eat 3-5 days prior *

Medium dose being 2-3 grams

and high dose being 4+ depending on tollernce each dose could be + or - 1-3 grams but thats the avg from my experinces with being angry and p.cyan consumption :D

Just a quick note i felt i should add.. Ive come to a conclusion recently actully that for me personaly eating mushrooms to often and to many grams in 1 sitting go from being a fun time/experince to they actully bring out my inner demons and anger that i have suppressed. So i think personaly anger and mushrooms past 1-2 grams is a no go on lift off for me.

#16 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,749 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 December 2010 - 10:17 AM

Why are the only options "Sometimes" and "No?" Seems biased against the practice since I would've picked a plain ol' "yes" and the way the question was phrased a "yes" implies "sometimes" (because "ever" doesn't necessarily equal "always").

That might sound like me just being my usual overly-pedantic self, but this particular topic is central to psychedelic culture IMO since it has a lot to do with our overall perception of tripping (why we do it, what it's for, what might be a bad idea, etc).

For instance, to me an equivalent question would be "Do you ever ingest medicine when you're ill?"

But while most people would think taking medicine when we're sick is the obvious choice, relatively few seem to think of the relationship between psychedelics and our state of mind as being along the same lines, even though that's been the historic role of such molecules for untold thousands of years; raves are a recent phenomenon whereas Vision Quests and spiritual healings (with or without psychedelics) predate agriculture.

As for me, on numerous occasions I have eaten very large doses of mushrooms (5-14 dry grams of cubensis) while in extremely bad states of mind, and in one case while I was physically ill with some kind of cold or something. A few of those experiences were rougher rides than I thought I was ready for, but all without exception left me better off than I was when I started. Tripping hard even cured that cold I mentioned in 5 hours.

In fact, the most important trips of my life happened at some of the worst times and with my state of mind being as far from a good set as you can get. My very first trip ever, as a matter of fact, was 7 dry grams of cubes eaten 24 hours after I was a finger-twitch away from blowing my own head off (I put the gun away when someone came home early and I hesitated). The cusp of suicide is a pretty bad set for a trip, but ~30 hours after putting the gun away self-destruction was no longer an option and it has not been an issue since.

I guess whether we ought to trip in a bad mood or not depends on WHY our mind is in a bad place. If it's caged and we don't understand how to get out, tripping can show us where the door is and thereby rescue our spirit from Hell in the most literal sense imaginable (I did happen to see what I understood to be Satan on my big night so long ago). If we've done things that are against our nature a trip can torment us by stripping away our self-deception, but still ultimately be productive by nudging us back on to our Path (if we're taking it seriously). If it's due to some kind of chemical imbalance or something along those lines (independent of one's thoughts, that is) then a trip might be a bad idea as it won't likely solve it.

I've smoked salvia while in horrendous moods, and it was powerful enough to induce a bit of primal, visceral terror for a few minutes (which was the plan) and the intensity of it overwhelmed and tore to pieces the mental rut I'd gotten myself into at the time. I was left shaken up and mentally exhausted but in only 10 minutes I'd refreshed my entire perspective on the world by stepping out of it for a while. That's why I'm a strong advocate for occasionally experiencing raw, shit-your-pants psychedelic terror; it inoculates us against more mundane fears in our regular state of mind and gives us some perspective (maybe our lives ain't so bad after all!).

However, if someone has never approached these drugs with the therapeutic/shamanic/healing mindset and have no mental framework for interpreting experiences that way then I wouldn't expect him or her to gain much benefit from them, or ever seek them out on purpose for that matter. But like our minds, these molecules are more pliable than a lot of us give them credit for. If we focus our Intent and empower it with our energy (instead of dissipating what little energy we have on external distractions), we can use psychedelics as tools to achieve a wide range of goals with respect to our minds (such as cleaning, renovating, designing, re-designing, expanding, imagining, recreating, exploring, demolishing, remediating, or anything else we can think of doing in or to our mindscapes).

And what the Hell is a "bad mood" anyway? Isn't it more of a bad attitude? The word "mood" implies it's something happening to us, like it just fell out of the sky and hit us in the head; we often hear people say stuff like "Sorry, I don't know why I said that/did that/etc., I guess I'm just in a bad mood today" (it's as if the part of them that's apologizing is separate from the part that's being an asshole). But isn't it all happening entirely in our head (rather than falling on us from the sky), and aren't we in charge of what goes on there? If we think the answer to that question is "not really" or "leave me alone, I'm in a bad mood" then IMO it's time to trip hard again and bust that rut! :headbang:
  • Erkee likes this

#17 valleyofmushies

valleyofmushies

Found

• Expired Member
  • 445 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 11:20 AM

To say it...i have ingested mushrooms while in bad mood...cause at time tripping on anything was a DOC for me..
now i like tripping for spiritualness maybe something that came from ingesting them while in bad mood.
i avoid things causing bad moods now.. but i got sick one week from eating to much mushrooms...my post is on this place somewhere...where members were telling me..hey man. stop eating them...u are sick cause u ate too many in one week. "stop"

#18 Akronic

Akronic

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:10 AM

honestly i think it's a horrible idea to consume shrooms if you are in anything less than a good mood

#19 Shamsu

Shamsu

Forever Searching

• Expired Member
  • 439 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

Yes and they allways make me much happier. but i also dont use Lg doses under these sercumstances, to lower the possibility of having a bad time

#20 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:46 AM

That's why I'm a strong advocate for occasionally experiencing raw, shit-your-pants psychedelic terror

:headbang: that's a good one!

While I'm not a strong advocate for that I think that people should go by their intuition. So even sometimes when you munch a handful because somebody or something got you furious and a minute later you're about to shit your pants over what you have done, that's probably what you needed. I also believe that you learn the most and gain the most through painful lessons.

And also - I have found no better cure for cold or flu than some mushrooms.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!