Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Mush Tea Question!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you consume the leftover mush in tea or strain & discard ?

Do you consume the leftover mush in tea or strain & discard ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Free Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:05 AM

Hey guys,

My fav method of ingestion is making tea.

I was just wondering, my girl & a mate of mine don't really like mushrooms at all & have a hard time eating the leftover shrooms when finished with their cup o' tea.

We've all shroomed many times but they nearly chuck while trying to chew down the leftover mush. It would be a whole lot easier for them if they didn't have 2.

If they were to cut the dose into small pieces, steep & strain would the tea extract ALL of the magic from the mush?

I have the day off tomorrow & was gonna test it but I hate being disappointed by not getting to the level I intend to so I thought I'd ask you guys.

I was gonna chop 3.5g into small pieces, steep in tea, strain, drink to test this theory.

Peace, L2G
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

#2 Magicdirt

Magicdirt

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:46 AM

A bit of honey always helps, with or without the tea.
Mary poppins said
A spoon full of sugar helps the medicine go down.
She had to be on something.
  • kcmoxtractor likes this

#3 ChanzeMissy

ChanzeMissy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:05 AM

Hello!

I too prefer tea however, I ALWAYS strain my tea through a paper filter. To do this, it's very important that you grind your mushrooms into a fine powder. I use a blender, some use a coffee grinder. I add this powder to a small pot of water. Simmer for 10-15 minutes and then strain it through a paper filter. Be sure to squeeze all the juice out of the mushroom pulp by gently twisting the filter. I then add some instant flavored tea.

Happy Shrooming!

Peace!

#4 corker

corker

shamanic Acquistiveness

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:13 AM

Hey L2G,

When I have my mushroom tea I usually grind up a good dose into very fine powder using a coffee grinder, then I steep it about 3/4 glass of boiled water until drinkable temperature. Once it is steeped I give it a stir and drink it down fast in one go, not nice but it goes down fast.

There are a lot of people who use a Coffee Plunger (as below), just fill with ground shrooms instead of coffee. I am sure it will do the trick, I hear Ribena (Black Current Syrup) can increase the potency of the dose and should mask the taste.

I am sure your experiment will work well.

Peace,
Corker

Attached Thumbnails

• 3a9c0d534361d2ea.jpg

#5 Santiago

Santiago

Shepherd

• Expired Member
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:38 AM

So you make tea and then eat the leftovers? Freakin' gross, man! That sounds awful, I can't even imagine.

A few pointers:

For tea, finely chopped seems better than ground. (For chocolates, ground is better).

Use ascorbic acid when you're doing your brew. Something like a pack of EmergenC, or even a whole lemon (to avoid that nasty sugar in EmergenC, and because lemons are awesome) will pull the psilocybin better, and also helps prevent oxidation.

Of course, light plays a small factor too. When I've got mushrooms out, I ALWAYS try to make sure there's NO sunlight, direct or indirect, and only dim electric light.

Here's one of the biggest ones - temperature. Hitting 211deg and then pouring that water onto your mushrooms will surely zap your potency big time. Get water to 150deg, let sit off of heat for about a half minute, and then pour over mushrooms into a sealed container. Close container, let sit for 5 minutes. Serve. THROW AWAY MUSHROOMS, YOU WEIRDO (just joking).

(kinda)...

#6 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:03 AM

After I recently tried chocolate shrooms i will not go back to tea anytime soon. Grind the desired amount, and mix with a bit of carefully heated (low heat) dark chocolate. Voila! eat it all. Practically as easy as tea, you definitely get as much, or more, magic, and tastes 10x better. :) Or use a bit of icecream to mix the finely ground shrooms with maybe?
Happy tripping. :)

#7 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Free Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:05 AM

So you make tea and then eat the leftovers? Freakin' gross, man! That sounds awful, I can't even imagine.THROW AWAY MUSHROOMS, YOU WEIRDO (just joking).

??? I thought that was the norm. Anyhow, eating them doesn't bother me the slightest.

Thanks Corker 4 the tip. I've got a coffee filter so I'll prob try that tomorrow. I'll grind, steep & strain ;)

I've also heard about ribena increasing effect. I'd like 2 read up more on that one but it's defiantly worth a try.

MD, how are ya man?? Yeah, I always use 3-4g in earl gray, a teaspoon of honey, 2 sugars :) (no milk)

ChanzeM, cheers 4 the tip. I don't have any paper filters but that sounds like a perfect way for my girl + mate 2 dose without dealing with mush.

So now all I wanna know is 'is there any potency lost by throwing the mush / pulp / leftovers away after teaing instead of injesting?'.

Will there be any loss in mush effect between if I strained & drank the tea or ingested the mush + tea completely?

Thanks guys..

Now you've got me thinkin Santiago..
Am I wierd for eating the leftovers?? I might have 2 take a poll on that topic.

Peace, L2G

#8 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Free Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:21 AM

Hey guys,

sorry 2 open up a new thread on a similar topic to my last but now I'm curious 2 know about if you topians eat / drink / consume the leftover mushies after teaing,
(whether it be chopped, ground or powdered)
OR if you strain 2 get rid of all the mush / pulp before consuming your tea?

+ also I'd like to know if 100% of the psilocybin is extracted from the mush by teaing? Therefore making consummation of the leftovers basically pointless.

I've always drank / eaten the leftover shrooms when I drink my tea & it's not a prob 4 me but few of my mates REALLY hate mushrooms (in general) but love tripping & they nearly chuck everytime they eat the remains of the tea'd mush..

I've just always thought that by throwing out the leftovers I could be throwing out potential potency?

If this poll shows me that there's no point in eating the leftover mush my mate'll be stoked.

Peace, L2G

#9 suckerfree

suckerfree

GATE KEEPER

• OG VIP
  • 3,017 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2010 - 09:38 AM

i strain out the flesh with cheesecloth and squeeze as much liquid out of it as i can with my fist. i don't like the taste of mushroom and rather use a little more mush than have to eat the flesh (if any potency remains)

#10 ChanzeMissy

ChanzeMissy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:51 AM

I haven't noticed any loss in potency with straining it. This is compared to eating the same dose straight.

Peace!

#11 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:54 AM

From what I've herd it's pointless to eat the pulp.
Psilocybin is very water soluble.
So I would assume that there would be very little left in the mush pulp.
Just what is contained in the water that is soaked into the pulp.

wikipedia says.

"Psilocybin is a zwitterionic alkaloid that is soluble in water, moderately soluble in methanol and ethanol, and insoluble in most organic solvents"

Mind you, I eat the pulp for the nostalgia of it.
It's all part of my experience.

#12 scooby doo

scooby doo

Cerebral Surf Rider

• Expired Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:31 AM

I think one of the main pro's to drinking tea instead of fruits is the fact that you can rid yourself of ingesting the mushrooms flesh which affects alot of people's GI system adversely. Gas and what not is alleviated for the most part by not ingesting the flesh as it is hard for the system to digest properly.

If you steep the tea long enough you will get a great majority of the actives..so there really isn't any reason to eat the leftovers after making tea.

#13 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:51 AM

Yeah I'd recommend against Boiling them.
Steep away. I Boil water then take off heat when it just starts to boil. add lemon to the water. I crush mush, then drop into a pot or thermas with water in it, cover and let steep for about 15 min... most of the mush bits should water log and sink.
drop a Tea bag and drink away, you can always strain out the bits too.

#14 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

I merged your threads so the poll can show with the discussion here.

#15 wurrgit

wurrgit

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:22 PM

When i do tea i measure out the amount i want, put the shrooms in a thick plastic bag and roll a glass bottle over it to pulverize the shrooms,
heat some water below boiling, add a teabag(blackcurrant is nice), add some lemon, add the mush, wait, stir now and then and after about
half an hour or so i pour the tea through a filter, squeeze the filter, pour in some fresh water, squeeze again to try and get all the magic out.

Add a spoon of honey and enjoy, ive managed to melt myself with it :P

As for the question "am i odd for eating the leftovers?", id say yes but i know someone else who does as well.

Ive had chocolates a few times now and i feel its my fave way.

#16 corker

corker

shamanic Acquistiveness

• Expired Member
  • 259 posts

Donator

Posted 01 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

??? I thought that was the norm. Anyhow, eating them doesn't bother me the slightest.

It does not bother BlueBelle or I in the slightest either, we just want to make sure we have ingested all the goodness we possibly can.

Let me know how your experiment goes, I will be watching with curiosity.

Peace,
Corker

#17 loki69

loki69

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:03 PM

What about experience wise?Is the tea consumption method different in any way?

#18 Om shanti

Om shanti

S.W.I.M. in H.POO

• Expired Member
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 05:37 PM

If you drink the tea very fast, it will also come on very fast: if it's a high dose it can be a bit overwhelming if you down it all in one. But some like it that way. :teeth: Digesting non-ground shrooms on a non-empty stomach will be the slowest and most gradual onset, and the rest of the methods are in between these two in terms of how fast it starts working. That's the only difference I have noted, but there may be others. :-)
  • Santiago likes this

#19 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Free Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

I merged your threads so the poll can show with the discussion here.

Thanks Freaky :)

#20 scooby doo

scooby doo

Cerebral Surf Rider

• Expired Member
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:57 PM

Try this: get your dosage per person and grind the dosage per person of fruit...then put it into your coffee maker with coffee. divide the brew accordingly...works great! I think the coffee helps it get into your system....look out !

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!