Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Mush Tea Question!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you consume the leftover mush in tea or strain & discard ?

Do you consume the leftover mush in tea or strain & discard ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Ninja33

Ninja33

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 06:58 PM

Yeah, I've never heard of eating the residual matter after steeping. Personally, my favorite method is a nice pizza (mainly if they're already dried.) But I have tried tea, cranberry juice, coffee, and a few other methods.

#22 dub504

dub504

Le bons temps rouler

• Expired Member
  • 840 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:50 PM

Putting the ground up shrooms in a tea ball works well too. I like using a fruit tea of some sort. Add some ginger or mint if you have stomach issues. A dose drunk quickly will send you into orbit in no time!

#23 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

I do the

Strain
&
Drain
:teeth:

#24 ukgrower21

ukgrower21

The Experimentor!!!!!

• Expired Member
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 04:44 PM

i like to get every lil bit out of my tea,it may not taste the best but why waste it,,
if you sweeten the tea up with something then normally goes down a treat!

#25 slummunky

slummunky

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 395 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

I use a percolator its awesome..no straining and a built in filter makes it simple and hard to mess up.. add wet or dry shrooms then the amount of water and plug it in.. :)

#26 Xochipilli

Xochipilli

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 148 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:58 PM

Blessings!

I marked "Strain/Discard" because I usually only make tea for myself from "trinkets" (what others call "stem butts") which are covered with grit and vermiculite, depending on where the fruits originated. Fruits I just eat, fresh or dried. Shrooms I've grown myself actually taste good to me. (Years ago, as I recall, street-bought shrooms sometimes tasted like ass, and not the "good kind" either.)

I make my tea by weighing out dried trinkets, usually going to around 150% as compared to a dried fruit body dose. So, if I'm aiming for a four gram adventure, as with dried fruits, I'll do six grams of trinkets--this usually works well as the grit adds to the weight and being mostly stems (and some aborts) the material is not as strong as something with a lot of caps.

Then I put them in a coffee grinder and do a couple pulses--I try not to let them go to a fine powder as that is tough to filter later.

I bring around one to 1.5 cups of water to a boil, then back off on the heat. I dump in the trinket particles and I stir frequently for 8-12 minutes, never allowing the mixture to boil. Then I remove it from the heat and I filter through a paper or gold-plated metal coffee filter. As the filtered material is full of grit, I just discard it.

I usually just drink warm, and "neat." I don't need to add anything to it, but I've sweetened with honey in the past to good effect.

When I do tea to share at gatherings, I do the same thing, except I use dried fruit bodies, and adjust the desired dose accordingly. I usually try to aim for about 2-3 grams or so per resulting cup of liquid, but I calculate final dosage when I'm all done.

After the straining stage I allow the tea to cool, and then I mix it with grape or apple juice concentrate. I then take the total grams of starting magic material, and divide it by the number of cups in the resulting liquid. This gives me a grams per cup ratio, which I use to label the container so people can get a sense of what they are in for. Usually it works out to about two grams per cup, which seems to be what most people feel comfortable with.

That's how I roll when it comes to tea....

Enjoy!

Xochi

#27 firerat

firerat

Very Hoppy

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,882 posts

Donator

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:53 PM

I've never eat the pulp but I do from time to time resteep the pulp.

#28 BecomeTheOther

BecomeTheOther

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

Seems like ur all saying not to boild the tea..

When I make it I always just put the fresh or dry mushrooms in the small pot of water and bring to a simmer or light boild, and do that till it is reduced.

I may have to try just steeping to see if that is more effective, but I have never had a problem with any of my mushie teas, they are always good, so I doubt a simmer or light boil is too detrimental to the goods.

I even heard of a guy grilling a huge cube (this forum somewhere) until it was fully cooked. He said it tasted awesome, no sour shroom taste, and was still plenty active..

Any scientific data suggesting psilocybin is destroyed by boiling??

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!