Grinding Up your Mushies.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:00 AM

A couple of years ago I ground up about an eighth of dried PF mushrooms in a coffee grinder. Filled quite a few capsules with the powder. But they didn't really seem to have any potency. Would grinding affect potency? I also brought along a baggie full unground and it was very potent. Planning a trip crosscountry and need some transporting ideas. Any ideas welcome. Thanks.

#2 I_am_me

I_am_me

Odderator

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:04 AM

I'd make chocolates. You grind them up for chocolates but I don't think you lose any potency. Maybe the gelcaps you put them in were time released? Or the dose wasn't good? I do know without putting them in something like chocolate I could see the magic breaking down at a faster rate being ground up. Chocolates last a long time though and easy to make. Several recipes int he archives. Stealthy too. :)

#3 arezap

arezap

Underfunded evil genius

• Expired Member
  • 593 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 01:22 AM

When I used to eat them I ground them up and loaded gelatin capsules. No difference on potency for me. Maybe what you ate throughout the day had an effect? I have lots of stealthy ideas sharkie, how are you traveling to your destination?

#4 Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:04 AM

Heres one. Get some tea bags, fancy kind. Theres some that are 'sewen' together. They are micro mesh bags... silky smooth. Take out the string, fill with your ingredients and sew it back together. ... Shit you can do this with any tea bag, just sew it back together nicely... You could do regular tea/mushie mix... and simply brew that. Have 1g doeses or something. And carry other tea with you.

If you're hitching, this would be the way to go. You can make a little alcohol stove for heating up some water and make your tea on the side of the road or in the woods.

zenstoves.net if you wanna learn on how to make em... simple and fun!

#5 Fester Addams

Fester Addams

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 02:32 AM

Heres one. Get some tea bags, fancy kind. Theres some that are 'sewen' together. They are micro mesh bags... silky smooth. Take out the string, fill with your ingredients and sew it back together.

and then you could stick em in Foodsaver bags to suck all of the air out!

I stored about 4g of ground mush in a 1/2 pint narrow jar for almost a year, and man they were still QUITE potent.

#6 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 09:51 AM

I'm driving cross country, 22 hours of driving. Thanks for the ideas. Chocolate I never thought of that. Would like to hear more stealthy ideas.

#7 pcubie58

pcubie58

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 11:30 AM

The following statements are from my experience...
Grinding absolutely does not affect potency.:eusa_snoo This seems totally ridiculous. Throw anything in the blender or grinder and you still have the same basic make-up that you had in the first place except that it now looks different.
I've been storing a pound or so of ground shrooms in the freezer for almost 3 years now and there isn't one bit of degradation that has occured, given the same dosage under the same dietary guidelines, time after time which also puts the kabosh on any ideas of potency loss over time.:eusa_danc
Have you checked out the Sesame Shroom Ball recipe? They're pretty good.
Measure out your powdered dose in grams (multiplied by how ever many people are participating or individually) and put that in a bowl.
Add a pinch of salt (flavor, but not necessary),
add twice the amount of ground up toasted sesame seeds in VOLUME (1 tbsp = 2 tbsp, etc.) You can get toasted sesames in the Oriental section at your local grocery store which saves you from toasting them yourself. You just need a coffee bean grinder.
mix this up then
add enough organic honey to be able to form a ball (individually) or one big huge ball which you can cut in equal pieces (weighing each for consistency) for multiple doses. You then roll the ball in additional whole toasted seeds for that cool outer-effect.

#8 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:08 PM

AVOID CHOCOLATES!!! The cops are hip to it and are looking for them. Gel caps in a health food supliment bottle would be the way to go. Grinding dried mushrooms won't affect potency. I know everyone says it's impossible but I can get a gram into a 00 size gel cap.I will admit that I do use the blunt end of a drill bit that just fits inside the cap and I chuck it into a drill press with a folded towel to rest the cap on when pressing so the bottom wont flatten out. You don't need a press to do this, it's just easier on the hands but you do need a drill bit or other object that will fit snug into the cap.

#9 dead_diver

dead_diver

Stoned Since '76

• OG VIP
  • 3,541 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 March 2006 - 12:12 PM

I also grind the shrooms extra fine with a electric coffee grinder.

#10 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:13 AM

Cops are hip to chocolate? Shit. I have a Mycomedicinals bottle from Stamets supplements maybe that would be a perfect cover.

#11 Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:43 AM

You can always hide them in your stomach pouch. Lol

22 hour car ride? Fuck that, eat them and fly there.

#12 Carter

Carter

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 07:52 AM

The tea bag idea is brilliant.Why didn't I think of that ha ha.I use the coffee grinder too.It almost looks like cigarette ashes(there's another idea maybe)when finely grounded.

#13 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 08:06 AM

see http://mycotopia.net...html?1073075763

#14 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:36 AM

Candle tek looks cool but I don't have a drill.

#15 procell

procell

OU812 ?

• OG VIP
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 11:50 AM

From what I've heard around town, capsules haven't had as much success. The general consensus that they seem weaker is due to the fact that the gel caps don't dissolve completely until they pass thru the stomach and don't seem to have the same effect in the intestine. Of course that may have been due to the type of gel caps but it would seem that people are now keeping them in the caps until time then openning them and making tea.

#16 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:56 PM

Hmm that seems like a good idea.

#17 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

eh, i don't buy it.
the intestines are where everyone's dose ends up anyway,
time in the stomach itself is quite limited.
we've seen plenty of reports for years
that testify to the power of encapsulated shroom powder
so don't believe some scuttlebutt to the contrary.

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:09 PM

see http://mycotopia.net...es/5/31569.html
&
http://mycotopia.net...sages/5/21.html

#19 LethalTr1p

LethalTr1p

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:48 PM

Just a few days ago my wife and I both dosed a coffee ground eigth. I capsuled mine, she added hers to a glass of limeaid and slammed it. She was full blown tripping in less than 10 minutes. for me it was over an hour and a half. I also felt she got off a lot further than me, but i think it was her freaking out about it that kinda held me back a little. I dont think there is a potency loss, but if you do grind, i'd go with a non capsule method.

#20 Lazlo

Lazlo

old hand

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 7,620 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:22 PM

The only reason some people complain about the potency of capsuled mushrooms is; they were not CRACKER dry before grinding and loading of the capsules. Capsules work fine.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!