• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 04:38 PM

Just a few days ago my wife and I both dosed a coffee ground eigth. I capsuled mine, she added hers to a glass of limeaid and slammed it. She was full blown tripping in less than 10 minutes. for me it was over an hour and a half. I also felt she got off a lot further than me, but i think it was her freaking out about it that kinda held me back a little. I dont think there is a potency loss, but if you do grind, i'd go with a non capsule method.

I read about using lime or lemon juice as a potentiator, do you think that limeaid has any of this effect or is it just sugar water? i am curious to try a shotglass of fresh squeezed lemon juice and some powdered cubes on an empty stomach...

#22 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:01 PM

that's bunk science too.
all lemons will do is make you grimace from the sourness.
of course 'tea' will hit faster than a pill,
no surprise there.
but not everyone wants to go from
straight to full blown freakout trippin'
in 10 minutes flat
so 'tea' isn't for everyone.

#23 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:03 PM

Thanks then, no need for extra lemon juice. :puke:

#24 LethalTr1p

LethalTr1p

Market Restricted

• Expired Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:40 PM

that's bunk science too.
all lemons will do is make you grimace from the sourness.
of course 'tea' will hit faster than a pill,
no surprise there.
but not everyone wants to go from
straight to full blown freakout trippin'
in 10 minutes flat
so 'tea' isn't for everyone.

we didn't make it into tea, she just put all the mushie shavings in the glass of limeaid and drank it. it still came on very fast. maybe not 10 minutes. but definately 15 or less. she had to stop helping me load my pills up because it was too much for her. took about a half hour for her to stop freaking out over it. I think it was just the ease of digestion. we also did this after a 8-10 hour fast.

She seems to react more strongly than your average user though. she hasn't had a trip yet that hasn't rendered her useless at least for a short period of time. and the hiccups are so extreme it scares me half the time. it might just be a difference in the chemistry of our bodies rather than the ingestion method.

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:57 PM

we didn't make it into tea, she just put all the mushie shavings in the glass of limeaid

that is a 'tea',
not all 'teas' contain real tea leaves you know,
there's shit tea, shroom tea, herbal tea, etc.
just means a water-based brew
which lemonade/limeaid certainly is.
she's not unique in her response,
i've seen it many times in others too.
very common for 'teas' to come on
like a rocket-ride into outer space.

#26 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 12:04 AM

It seems that absorption would be increased if taken with warm soda water. When I used to bartend the consensus was that when customers took their shot warm with a dash of soda water that it would absorb quicker due to the carbonation. Perhaps mixing shroom tea with a dash of carbon would be worthwhile.

#27 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:22 AM

sounds like an urban myth,
i sure do not understand how carbonation of a beverage
would alter the blood absorption rate thru the intestinal walls...
but i'm open to any evidence that might be a fact,
if there's documentation a bit more substantial
than bartender lore.

#28 Dogfield

Dogfield

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

sounds like an urban myth,
i sure do not understand how carbonation of a beverage
would alter the blood absorption rate thru the intestinal walls...
but i'm open to any evidence that might be a fact,
if there's documentation a bit more substantial
than bartender lore.

The carbonation does not alter the absorption rate, but it does open the valve from the stomach to the intestine, therefore allowing the alcohol to be absorbed sooner through the intestinal walls.

#29 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:12 AM

ah, so it gets the dose out of the stomach quicker.
and the intestines are more efficient than the stomach.
so i see the argument.
however
i think i'd avoid carbonated beverages if i ate fungi,
as i already get enough gas from the fiber.
waiting a few extra minutes beats pain.

#30 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:46 AM

LOL extra gas would be most unwelcome.

#31 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:20 AM

I filled a small jelly jar to the top with dry powdered cubies, and kept packing it down until it was filled to the top. Then sealed it with silicon. If it is completely bone dry when i open it it should keep its color (greyish white-tan) and not be brown (moist). Also small pieces should float and fly up as i open the cap. I had great experiences with very dry powder, that floated up (right into my eyes actually). Do you think the silicon is bad to keep near them?

#32 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:25 AM

the vapor released by the drying silicon
may well give a bad flavor to the contents.
might be better to seal with wax.

#33 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:30 AM

AAH. i did not think of wax. Thanks.

#34 jestah

jestah

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

Hi

wax should work but i have been told that wax is not air tight... better than nothing but will allow some gas transfer.

What about using jam jars? the rubber seal on the lid should stop any nasty flavors from the sealant from getting to your magic. I would just smear some around the lid after screwing it on tight.

just googled wax airtight seal and am finding most jam sites dont recomend wax....

The easy method might be to not use anything? Jam jars have to be sealed dam tight to stay under vacuum for years so the seals are proven to work. Why not find your local jar wholesaler and get some brand spanking new jars then drop in little pill bottle o2 and and h2o absorbers then screw that lid down tight. (you could go even tighter by running a little warm-hot water over the lid or using a hot water soaked rag on the lid then giving it one last twist... it should be pritty tight!) Any o2 and h2o that might get past the seal will be taken care of.

but thats just my 2c

jestah

#35 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 09:42 PM

How about a shitload of saran wrap?

#36 mycobri

mycobri

Stained Blue

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 10 March 2006 - 09:02 AM

Thanks for the ideas....
If i could fill a larger ball jar i would bury it and make a treasure map.:cool:

#37 devster420

devster420

=D

• Expired Member
  • 39 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

When a FOAF went to Jamaica :rasta:, He picked up a bunch of pot and decided to bring some back to Canada with him... just a few grams, and it turned out to be the scariest thing, as there were drug dogs when we landed in the U.S......but it went smoothly...... What he did was put the drugs in in a few baggies, made sure they were sealed with elastic bands, then tie a string to it and stick it in a bottle of shampoo (mostly full) with the string screwed onto the top with the cap so you can easily pull it out...a pretty covert op, and seems to keep the drug dogs away.

#38 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:06 PM

The following statements are from my experience...
Grinding absolutely does not affect potency.:eusa_snoo This seems totally ridiculous. Throw anything in the blender or grinder and you still have the same basic make-up that you had in the first place except that it now looks different.
I've been storing a pound or so of ground shrooms in the freezer for almost 3 years now and there isn't one bit of degradation that has occured, given the same dosage under the same dietary guidelines, time after time which also puts the kabosh on any ideas of potency loss over time.:eusa_danc

Could anyone else please verify this?

I'd like to grind and capsule, but ONLY if there's no/minimal potency loss.

Anyone have a DEFINITIVE answer on this?

#39 Dr_T

Dr_T

Random Dude

• Expired Member
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 11:30 PM

Enemies of potency are heat, light and oxygen. Ground anything has more surface area than whole anything, so you have to make sure you seal them in an airtight container. Vacuum packed, then in a cool dark place- should last a long, long time.

#40 golly

golly

modapotato

• Expired Member
  • 6,205 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:37 AM

I can tell ya this; Powdered shrooms stored in a mason jar at room temp, will lose 40%
potency in 2 months..That's with occasional opening to scoop out a dose..

If you can pack tight n' freeze or remove the Oxygen,like with the honey Tek, then that will dramatically extend it's life..
By comparison ,i estimate that whole mushrooms stored at room temp lose mebbe 10% in 2 months...

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!