• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 coastalite

coastalite

Son of a Beach

• Expired Member
  • 325 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:15 PM

I can tell ya this; Powdered shrooms stored in a mason jar at room temp, will lose 40%
potency in 2 months..That's with occasional opening to scoop out a dose..

If you can pack tight n' freeze or remove the Oxygen,like with the honey Tek, then that will dramatically extend it's life..
By comparison ,i estimate that whole mushrooms stored at room temp lose mebbe 10% in 2 months...

I don't understand it. If you grind and put in capsules, then aren't the capsules acting as a barrier to oxygen? Or, are the capsules not really air tight? then put the capsules in a mason jar and seal with a vacuum sealer.

#42 Doctor D

Doctor D

(Not a real doctor)

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,259 posts

Donator

Posted 26 December 2007 - 02:20 PM

I don't understand it. If you grind and put in capsules, then aren't the capsules acting as a barrier to oxygen? Or, are the capsules not really air tight? then put the capsules in a mason jar and seal with a vacuum sealer.

They really aren't all that air-tight. I wouldn't store my shrooms in capsules for long-term storage, unless you're prepared to take a few more than you normally would (which, really... isn't that big of a deal considering how many shrooms you get from a grow).

#43 camMyco

camMyco

Modified Honey

• Expired Member
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:44 PM

Would grinding affect potency?

It will shorten the time it takes for O2 to break down the "magic"

I would go with TV's honey Tek, by a container of
anything (royal jelly perhapse) from a health food
store or what have you and load the container with
your new mix. Honey will also help reduce the oxidation.

#44 Fresh Brewed

Fresh Brewed

Seeker

• OG VIP
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 06:25 PM

Check your local grocery stores. Some sell dry ice(frozen CO2). Which makes it very easy to store whatever you want in an invironment devoid of O2. Half the battle of preservation IMO.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!