• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 wearegomba

wearegomba

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:13 PM

very nice, but you mix for a whole hour? FOAF usually mixes for 15-20 min, then pulls it and starts over for a second then a third run of 15 min each, producing consecutively less hash of a more impure quality. do you perform a second run at all?

#22 Ninja33

Ninja33

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:27 PM

very nice, but you mix for a whole hour? FOAF usually mixes for 15-20 min, then pulls it and starts over for a second then a third run of 15 min each, producing consecutively less hash of a more impure quality. do you perform a second run at all?

Yeah probably everyone I've met goes with this method. 20 minutes mix, 2-5 pulls. But not less quality, just less quantity.

Would be nice to have a side by side test of the two methods (or even more) but I've found that people rating hash methods is way too subjective. Everyone I've met thinks they know the best "little trick" to it, and every one makes the same low-grade to upper mid-grade bubble hash and an arbitrarily judged amount of product. Until someone takes a few pounds of the same trim material and tests them each out in different methods, there will be no quantifiable way of judging which methods produce more and/or better quality.

#23 justweed

justweed

Friend of the Devil

• Validating
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 09:48 PM

if you were the poor person you would not have thrown it out.:eusa_snoo I would have smoked it.:rasta: Hence my definition of poor is people that dont throw out trash and smoke it instead. i have smoke much moldy weed:rasta:

Don't smoke mold that's REALLY bad for you....
And don't smoke trim, use it to make bubble hash :D

Looks trastey as hell! :bow:

#24 Burger

Burger

Old Hand.

• Validating
  • 596 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:23 PM

I'm the poor person the other poor people gave it to :P ..and it was too wet, would be moldy :/

If the trim wasn't moldy when you received it you can freeze it.

foaf always freezes their trim while its still fresh/wet. It can be stored for long periods without going moldy or degrading, and used when needed/convenient.

#25 Ninja33

Ninja33

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 357 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 10:33 PM

Yeah if I had a freezer big enough :P

#26 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:25 AM

Ahhh very nice...did you make those bags ?

Looks so goooodd

:nunchuck:

Actually FOAF made these bags a few years ago. I have since lost contact with him so Iam planing on making my own bags in the future. They would make nice gifts. What Iam really interested in making is a tumbler...

I agree with you on the last bubble bag's hash... It doesn't have the taste or as strong a high IMO.
I like to mix the 70 and 120 bags together, the 120 has great taste and the 70 has the kick...

Phew! Iam not crazy afterall! :lol: I tend to mix some of the contents too, hell ive mixed the whole batch up before and it smoked just fine. What I also highly recomend is mixing in some kief, it def adds to the taste and smell sensation!

glad you found the bags man. nice pictorial you put together. enjoy your labors!

Thank you to Ms. Kocos for finding them. Then again she was the one who put them away... what can ya do :D
Ive done several bioessays by now and my oh my... this stuff gets me higher than ive been in a looong time!

This is the process I follow, I dont ever do more than one pull, I just mix for a total of 1 hour, 20 minutes each with 10 minute breaks inbetween. Then I just make sure to rinse out the plant material.
I do however make cannabutter out of the remaining plant material as it tends to come out nice and sticky from the extraction. I may try several pulls in the future just to see if it has any effect on yield.

Thanks for all the comments everyone! Hopefully ill be doing another run this fall.

#27 5-MeO-DMT

5-MeO-DMT

What is it in itself

• Free Member
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:59 PM

Kocos how many micron bags do you use? does using more bags reduce the amount of hash you get?

I was planning on buying an 8 bag set at this local head shop pretty damn pricey though :mistrust:

#28 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:48 PM

Kocos how many micron bags do you use? does using more bags reduce the amount of hash you get?

I was planning on buying an 8 bag set at this local head shop pretty damn pricey though :mistrust:

Ive got an 8 bag set too, but ive never used all of them at the same time. Its hard enought to scrape out the contents of 3-4 bags not to mention 8. If your headshop sells a 4-5 bag set then I would go with that one. Its probably cheaper and will do the job just fine!

Imo 8 bags would be usefull if doing huge batches, like a pound at a time or more.
Good luck! :)

#29 doctor0

doctor0

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

:rasta:. Toke on brother. That's what has been getting me through my days for the last 3 weeks. Nothing like smoking some hash that you know is top notch.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!