• Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#102 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,166 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2020 - 09:28 AM

Zombie sheep keeping the grass short perhaps?
  • Mrs.Hippie3 likes this

#103 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,186 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:09 AM

[/quote]

Unfortunately, that's definitely untrue.[/quote]

What part is untrue?

Plenty of parasites that infect our brains (and influence our behavior). Toxoplama gondii, off the top of my head; one that infects, nearly half of the human population (or more, depending on what parasitologist you're talking to).

https://www3.nd.edu/...l/Cat_crazy.pdf <-- Good downloadable pdf article introduction to it.

But- If we're using the word "Parasitic Zombie" to refer to an entity that has the ability to enter a host and subsequently influence it's behavior, well, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it's closer to 'legion' the number of creatures that have the ability to do this in humans.

Before continuing though, it's necessary to update our conceptions regarding what exactly constitues the 'brain' or the bodies seat of consciousness-

The guy who originally discovered and differentiated between the Central Nervous System and the Peripheral Nervous system also coined (at the same time) what he referred to as the Enteric Nervous System; that is, the system of neurons that innervate our gut; Though, the current medical establishment was unwilling to listen to him on this latter point and only accepted the first two. It's only very recently that the 'Gut-brain connection' is being given the attention it deserves in MS scientific/medical circles.

That said; the number of parasites that can infest our gut are, a metric fuckton. And all of these have the ability to influence human behavior.

So, while there's no easily visible cordyceps type zombifying agent that we can point to with the human species; the fact is that the majority of the human population, is indeed infected with one (or more) of these silent-puppetmasters.

I decided that the "Atlantic" was not really what I would call a peer reviewed scientific journal - but unfortunately there are a TON of actual peer reviewed journal studies on this and it is in fact quite true!!! And I have a cat, so if I start acting crazy, you know what happened!

• Juthro, Boebs and FLASHINGROOSTER like this

#104 FLASHINGROOSTER

FLASHINGROOSTER

Semi-Pro Taco Robot

• Black VIP
  • 3,035 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 October 2020 - 06:43 PM

Just about added some more info you guys already covered. Rooster Out

Edited by FLASHINGROOSTER, 30 October 2020 - 06:45 PM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!