31 replies to this topic

#21 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 01 July 2010 - 01:09 PM

Kocos, your work is amazing..

Thank you for sharing as I have just got my hands on some Pereskiposis recently & plan on grafting loph seedlings soon.

Your info is invaluable to us in practice :)

many thanks.

peace, L2G
:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Glad to be of service man! Let us know once you start! :)

#22 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:48 AM

Just a quick update. Everything is going well as far as I can see. The double graft is still growing too although the loph int he foreground is starting to get pushed off it seems. The first graft made has now reached the size of my 2 year old plants. Amazing :)

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1279277175

Attached Thumbnails

• kö 030.jpg
  • kö 031.jpg
  • kö 025.jpg

• Burger and Theodore Blass like this

#23 Burger

Burger

Recluse

• OG VIP
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:20 AM

Nice update pics kocos. :bow:

Your Lophs are doing great and that ario looks like its about to take off as well, they are one of my favourites to grow. :)

#24 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 07:52 AM

Thanks burger, the ario is off to a slow start, I simply didnt notice the peres puting out a huge pup and only removed it a few days ago. Hopefully it will start packing on some weight now :)
Iam waiting for some seedlings to strengthen and my new line of peres to get a bit taller. Ill be doing another run! :)

#25 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

hi,
think your lophos will grow nicely together :) ,they look nice!
Before i used to graft only the 'face' of the seedling but now i always graft the 'ass' too :):)
Here is a pic of a discocactus - the face and the ass grafted together - the face started growing ,the ass is still attached ,does not grow but stays alive :):)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5854.JPG

#26 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

Your such a pervert man :lol: grafting on asses to your faces jeez :D I actually did try grafting the end butts but none of them took for some reason. I wonder if you would cut a seedling lengthwise and put the two halfs on their own stock to get them to grow thus making two plants instead of one. Any thoughts on that?

Ill have to remember this and try next time. Ive got about 20 seedlings aproaching 2 months in age. Ill be grafting them soon.

#27 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:25 PM

:):)

'I wonder if you would cut a seedling lengthwise and put the two halfs on their own stock to get them to grow thus making two plants instead of one. Any thoughts on that?'

- have not done exactly that but i hear people do it ;)

here is an old picture of ass grafted ario lloydii,this plant is probably long regrafted to harrisia jusbertii and now i do not know which one it is,

probably i did not express myself right ,meant that the ass and the face are grafted on separated pereskiopsis plants,

just do not throw away the ass,love the ass ,you never know!

:):)

Attached Thumbnails

• 79а 060.jpg
  • 79а 052.jpg
  • 79а 063.jpg

#28 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:32 PM

usually graft at this age/size

Attached Thumbnails

• 62а 007.jpg

#29 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

I get it now :D I will try the but grafting again for sure. Have you tried this method with any Lophophora species?

Ive tried grafting week old seedlings but for some reason they didnt take. I remember that when I cut them they popped like a fishegg almost. A lot of fluid came out so perhaps thats the reason they didnt take.

Love the pictures!!

#30 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:48 AM

do not remember doing the 'ass' graft with lophos,probably i did not know about it at that time ,it was few years ago,

found a few more old pix of the 'ass' grafts :):)

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1989.JPG
  • IMG_1970.JPG
  • 79а 022.jpg
  • 79а 038.jpg
  • 79а 039.jpg
  • 16а 013.jpg

#31 kocos

kocos

The PsYhead

• Expired Member
  • 2,641 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:03 AM

Looking great. Ill try the ass grafting in a few weeks Ill let you guys know how it goes. Do you still have these ario grafts around? I would imagine they are quite big now :)

#32 Burger

Burger

Recluse

• OG VIP
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:36 PM

'Ass-grafting' :lol:

It is a good way to increase plant numbers, there has to be an areole left on the root piece to grow.

Here is an old thread of mine where I 'ass-grafted' a Loph...it worked great.

http://mycotopia.net...ora-grafts.html

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!