Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Dr.Hallucinations Spice Extraction Thread.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#41 wildabeast

wildabeast

I have always been

• Expired Member
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:21 PM

daaamn doc:bow::bow: that is fantastical
good luck and good vibes friend:amazed:

#42 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:50 PM

Today I played around with some of the oil and waxy crystals I have collected over the last two extractions.I did not have any weights but I am guessing a little over gram when they were combined.
I tried to get a pic while blowing on the naphtha but it didn't work out too well,came out blurry.

I left the shot glass out to evaporate over night,at least that was the plan anyway,but these crystals grew in about 5 hours.It was crazy,I would pick up the glass every once in a while to check its progress and give it a little swirl and they were growing like crazy.

So needless to say I was too excited to let the rest of the naphtha evaporate and I picked these ones out.I dried them off and placed them in a jar,but not before I took a few shards and went for a ride.
There is still a little bit yellow stuck to the bottom of some of the crystals so I think I may do one more round with these and see if I can get rid of it.
For now they will do just fine.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1456.jpg
  • 13.jpg
  • 1212.jpg
  • 121212.jpg
  • DSC04763111.jpg
  • 1111111.jpg
  • 87623.jpg

• Frequency likes this

#43 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:54 PM

For now they will do just fine.

:bow:

Haha, I sure hope so because there isn't really a ton of room for improvement. Beautiful!
  • Dr.Hallucination likes this

#44 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

There is still much I have to learn yet,but I am really enjoying it for sure.

#45 mimosadmtastronaut

mimosadmtastronaut

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 11:24 PM

looks really bomb dude. great job! The xtals are really large and pretty, and the yellow on the bottom adds a little bit of personality to the crystals lol! those look 100X better than the original yellow spice! gotta looooooove a good re-crystallization! congrats man!

#46 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:29 AM

I am just going to leave this link here

#47 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

Just a couple more pics,the one jar is almost full now and only a tiny bit of yellow remains.
I did another recrystallization yesterday also.I am going to do this large piece one more time to clean it up a bit more.I am separating my naphtha too soon I guess,next time it will sit longer before I separate....
I am going to order myself some glass next week,I want something better then a shot glass and a mason jar now lol.
So if anyone knows of a good place where I can get some glass,please let me know asap.

Attached Thumbnails

• 878787.jpg
  • 989898.jpg
  • 097097.jpg

• SpiritMolecule likes this

#48 shroom_seeker

shroom_seeker

Still seeking...

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,612 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 02:51 PM

That is beautiful to see, great work Dr. H :rasta:

#49 kcmoxtractor

kcmoxtractor

Halloween Terror

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

four oz jelly jar works really well for that amount of xtal IME

#50 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

Thank You shroom_seeker.
KC,that is exactly what I am using at the moment,that and shot glasses.They are working fine for now but I would still like to invest in some nice new glass.
  • Hookey likes this

#51 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:44 AM

A few more recrystallized spice pics from the other day.Next thing I want to do is a mesc extraction.In the next couple of weeks I think I may do one and see how that goes.

Attached Thumbnails

• tyejsfn.jpg
  • sdfg.jpg
  • jsnfsnsgn.jpg
  • sdf.jpg
  • DSC04886.JPG
  • dfgh.jpg

#52 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

Very Nice Dr.H.
I have been able to get hedgehogs like that but haven't been able to get the yellow tinge out of there.
Very Nice job there DrH. That white spice is a lot of fun. SO smooth you are always amazed at how far you get because you almost don't realize how far you you get right off the bat. IMHO the whiter stuff is much more subtle but just as potent as the yellow.

#53 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 12:29 PM

Thank You Shadowlord.
Well up until this one neither have I,I have had the formations,but always a little layer of slag.

Here is how I did this recrystallization.

I used boiling naphtha instead of just hot.I placed my spice in a jar,warmed it up a bit in heat bath just until it started to melt a little,then I added a few drops of hot naphtha to help things dissolve a little better.
And the spice does not go back into the bath,there is no need.

I use as little naphtha as I can.Example.This recrystallization was done with 2 grams of yellow powder and I only used apx 30-40ml of naphtha in total,when it is usually suggested to use 25-35ml+ per gram.By using much less I am guaranteed super saturation and things fall out faster.These crystals were formed in three hours.

There will be a puddle of oil/fats on the bottom as usual.While it is still hot I separate the naphtha into a new jar/shot glass making sure to leave the oil behind.
I let it cool at room temp for apx 15-30 mins or until you will see more fats/oils on bottom and side of your jar/glass.Once again I separate the clear naphtha into a new clean jar.
It may even need one more transfer 15-30 mins later,or just before things start to fall out and crystallize.You kind of have to keep and eye on things to catch it before crystals start to form on top of the slag.
The whole time it is left out in open air,no fans,no heat,no cold.

#54 empirefire

empirefire

FungusAmongus

• Free Member
  • 506 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 03:56 PM

Hey man. Sorry I missed this! Your trip report with spice sounded a little like mine except I never picked up enough courage to go all the way. Since I don't smoke (ex smoker) the freebase is extremely rough on the old wet paper bag. I felt as you did at first, mildly uncomfortable. Thanks to the all the knowledge here and knowing how to do safe extractions, when the time is right, I know it will rock my socks off.

#55 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

It is pretty wild stuff there is no doubt about it empirefire.
My first real experience was undoubtedly an uneasy one for me,but it did not scare me away from it what so ever.
In fact it had the complete opposite effect on me.I wanted to conquer that initial fear I felt that day very bad,simply because I was afraid.
I have over come the pre flight anxiety/fear quite some time ago now,and can lift my feet and enjoy the ride.

One of my recent trips was one of the best,and also the first time I have seen something that I will call a life form,entity,alien what ever you wish to call it/them.

Before this particular trip I thought all who stated they were seeing aliens when they smoked DMT to be a little daffy,no offense guys lol.But here I am,knocking on the asylums door trying to get a bed myself.:headbang:

Well anyway,I saw something,for sure.

This took place a few nights ago.It was late,some where around 1:30am when I decided I would go on a little adventure in my mind.I loaded up my bowl with apx 60mg of some pretty glass crystals,I lit it and held it in as long as I could then exhaled.

Instantly I was hit with a sensation that I have not felt on any other DMT trip and still have a bit of a hard time explaining it.I can only explain it as a time shit/jump.Time stopped dead in its tracks,bounced or warped forward about 5 feet or a few seconds and then came swiftly slamming back into my body,I consciously saw this and felt this happening lol.

It was as if everything around me was a pond,and I was just thrown into the center causing the ripple effect.While that ripple effect that you see in the water,while ya,that was what I felt?,or the only was I can describe it?.
It was instantaneous and only lasted a moment,maybe 4 seconds,as soon as I exhaled I was hit with it.
Now my heart rate noticeably jumps,and I have to catch my breath,things are getting very bright,and very loud.

I roll off my chair and into my bed getting as comfortable as I possibly can before my journey,wait a second,I all ready left.Now all I am left with is a moderate humming noise,quite pleasant indeed and colors,open and closed eyed.I decide to close my eyes,and really concentrate on being comfortable with what is going on,and it works.

I become very calm while looking at this 3d world of shifting patterns and colors of indescribable brilliance when I notice three things off in the distance.They were different then the rest of the environment,the stuck out and seemed to separate from the rest,but still very much a part as well???I was not afraid,alarmed nothing,I was comfortable and curious so I stared at them.

Then the one that was on the right started to move,more like flow towards me,first to the left,slowly flowing to the right,then back to the left until this little guy was right under my field of vision on my left shoulder.I then remember vividly looking down at this thing and smiling at it and it smiled back at me.It was like it was sitting on my shoulder,I remember turning my head for real,and cracking a real smile too.That little thing was there,and I felt it was there to check me out too.
Then as quickly as it came to visit,it had followed the same path and rejoined the two others,then left.When they were gone,the trip gradually started to wear off.I laid there for a while feeling great with a huge smile on my face.

The creature was pastel in color,blues,yellows,pinks,I did not see a body,only a head.It was round,and had pretty big eyes that did not blink once.They were white just as round as its head with black pupils that seemed to get smaller and larger as it focused on me.The smile was very pleasant,calming and soothing and I felt very conformable having this thing sitting on my shoulder for some reason.

So there you have it folks,I am officially fucking nuts.BAHAHA.

Edited by Dr.Hallucination., 29 January 2011 - 12:55 PM.

• paph likes this

#56 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:53 PM

I did this recrystallization today using the dried oil/crystal left overs from the one I did the other day with 2 grams of powder.

Naphtha was boiled first to have it ready to go.
The glass containing the dried oil/crystal mix was then put in a heat bath for a couple of minutes to get it warmed up/to start melting.Once it started to melt a bit a few drops of boiling naphtha was then added to help it dissolve quicker.
30ml of boiling naphtha was then added to the glass and stirred for a few seconds.A layer of oil remained on the bottom of glass.The naphtha was separated while hot and placed in new glass.
Naphtha was allowed to separate for a few minutes,apx 15 min/until a layer of oil was on the bottom of the glass,and then once again separated and placed in a new glass.
This was repeated once more,and could have been done again for perfect results.
I was a little bit late (only a few minutes too)and didn't catch it before it started to crystallize and had a few crystals stuck to the glass as well as a small amount oil on the bottom the last time I separated.Again these were done in a little over three hours.The last of the naphtha was placed in a clean jar to evaporate over night,and the crystals were picked out,dried and put away.
I ended up with a few different colors from pure white crystals up to light yellow crystals.There is also some left over oil that is hard now that I can probably pull a little more from.
Here are some of the pics from today's recrystallization.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC04942.JPG
  • DSC04935.JPG
  • DSC04938.JPG
  • DSC04931.JPG
  • DSC04932.JPG
  • DSC04930.JPG
  • DSC04926.JPG
  • DSC04928.JPG
  • DSC04924.JPG
  • DSC04923.JPG
  • DSC04914.JPG
  • DSC04915.JPG
  • DSC04916.JPG
  • DSC04922.JPG
  • DSC04921.JPG
  • DSC04917.JPG
  • DSC04909.JPG
  • DSC04907.JPG
  • DSC04908.JPG
  • DSC04906.JPG
  • DSC04902.JPG
  • DSC04903.JPG

• TheObserver likes this

#57 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

From clear crystals to yellow and a bit in between,all from recrystallizing oil.I am going to do one more run with the remaining oil tomorrow if I have some time.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC04963.JPG
  • DSC04960.JPG
  • DSC04962.JPG
  • DSC04951.JPG
  • DSC04953.JPG
  • DSC04955.JPG
  • DSC04948.JPG
  • DSC04944.JPG
  • DSC04945.JPG
  • DSC04946.JPG
  • DSC04943.JPG

• TheObserver likes this

#58 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:11 AM

:love:
That's all so pretty. Pure white clusters, with no gunk at all at the base, are the product of Clean and Careful work. I've heard, a lot, that heptane is an easier solvent to work with - so in my book you get Bonus Points for technical difficulty Doc.

Edit: :bow:

Posted Image

Edited by Defiance, 26 January 2011 - 12:19 AM.

• TheObserver likes this

#59 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:15 AM

Thank You.
I can not find seem to find it anywhere Defiance or I would probably be using it.I may have to take another search around to see if I cant find some.

#60 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:20 AM

:amazed: :amazed: :amazed: :amazed:

http://mycotopia.net...html#post991236

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!