Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Dr.Hallucinations Spice Extraction Thread.

• Please log in to reply
128 replies to this topic

#101 Calaquendi

Calaquendi

Reflection

• OG VIP
  • 820 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:13 AM

Real nice, Doc! Pretty crystals man - keep up the good work! :eusa_clap

#102 ktbase763

ktbase763

Dimension Elevenish

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:44 PM

Just so you guys know, it's possible to have it both ways. We can isolate pure N,N-DMT and then extract the "full spectrum" and mix it together or smoke it separately. director of sound pioneered the technique and I've confirmed it. All you have to do is make sure you freeze precip and have some methanol or iso on hand.

That yellow has some kick to it for sure, it's very intense smoked by itself. In general though I like my spice Pretty and Pure.

Yeah, I saw the post by Director of Sound, but was hopelessly lost immediately. That is chemistry for the Big Boyz, of which I am not one, yet. WAAAYYY over my head, atmo, lol!

#103 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:15 PM

Well okay, but all you have to do is start a thread. It's a crazy good time.

#104 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:05 PM

Oh Lord. Why have I missed this thread? You really got me hungry for that stuff man! I was afraid to try DMT until very recently and reading these reports is just what I need! Thanks!

#105 ktbase763

ktbase763

Dimension Elevenish

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:11 AM

:greenboun: Yes, indeed, not partaking of the spice means a person is definitely missing something huge, wonderful, frightening, mind-bending, and indescribable. Say hello to your elf spice fairy when you meet him/her!

#106 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:47 PM

Well I was bored yesterday so I decided I would recrystallize a bit of the spice from the last extraction.I don't have a good scale so I have no idea what weight I started with.One day I will get a useful scale lol.
After the naphtha evaporated the first time I did another round on the left over wax/oil and placed that saturated naphtha back in the jar.So we will see what comes of it again in a day or two I guess.
I took a few pictures before I added more naphtha,I didn't have to to go through them all yet but here is one anyway.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC0572011.JPG

#107 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:12 PM

A crystal that came from some wax/oil I had.
http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1302055855

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05751.JPG

• Danko likes this

#108 Frequency

Frequency

Code Demon

• OG VIP
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 11:42 PM

Holy crap :bow: Those last two images are wonder! :amazed:

#109 DelphiEx

DelphiEx

As above, so below

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:12 AM

Dr. this is amazing. I've tried your technique and cannot get it right. I feel like it's the Naptha, but you clearly stated you used it. Mad props man.

#110 Shadowlord

Shadowlord

Shadowmancer.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,013 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

Wow Dr. H.
You've really got the Re-X procedure down pat!
I have gotten much better and can make some nice shards etc but haven't gotten anything as clean and pretty as you have yet.
Great Job.

:bow::headbang::bow:

#111 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

Thank You very much every one.

Keep trying SL it really isn't that hard,It just takes a bit of time because you kind of have to sit there and watch the separations each time.Just keep separating into a new glass until you are left with no wax/oil building up on the bottom or the sides of the glass and you will get crystal clear shards.

Once you are sure all the yellow has completely dropped out(roughly about the same time as your clear crystals start too fall out and form on the glass,transfer the naphtha again to its final clean glass to evaporate.This will also help to make sure there is no more wax in there.
You can make as many transfers as necessary until the crystals start to form.

I have found that it takes me 4 separations to get to clear glass.It may sound like a lot of work but as soon as the naphtha is taken from one glass and put into another,it starts to separate within minutes and finishes in a few as well,do this a couple times and your done.

The naphtha that I added to my crystals again was only done 3 times and it turned my crystal clear shards snowy white.Which is still fine but it is not clear any more,one more separation would have fixed that but its not a big deal and a bit too late for that.

I guess I could always do it all once more lol.What else am I going to do with all this spice,it will take me 100 years to smoke the amount I have now.:headbang:

#112 ktbase763

ktbase763

Dimension Elevenish

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:15 AM

:eusa_clap"I guess I could always do it all once more lol.What else am I going to do with all this spice,it will take me 100 years to smoke the amount I have now."
Wow....what a bummer for you! :headbang: Wish I could say the same! :eusa_droo
So I had this gooey brown stuff, and also some white granular stuff, all trash looking stuff, but I went ahead and heated some naptha to see what would happen. Using my rice cooker with hot water, and a small thick glass syrup decanter, I couldn't get the naptha hot enough to literally boil, but it was 160 degrees (according to my meat thermometer.) I swirled, let settle, poured off, repeat, and then poured off again, then one more time. What was just basically garbage netted about .2 to .3 of smoke-worthy crystals.
My rice cooker is the hottest electric appliance I have, and I don't want to use my natural gas stove for heating a double-boiler, so I guess I have to use a thinner glass vessel for heating naptha to a boil....any suggestions anyone?
:amazed::eusa_eh:

#113 Defiance

Defiance

Trainee

• OG VIP
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

If you wanna boil naptha safely use a hot sand bath. Or a hot oil bath, but that's way more dangerous. Massages afterward are better with hot oil than hot sand though so YMMV.

DMT freebase boils at a lower temp than naptha though. You'll lose some product. Maybe a lot.

#114 DelphiEx

DelphiEx

As above, so below

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

That's what I'm scared of. But the dr said he used boiling naptha. I just don't understand how he didn't have any product loss.

#115 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

Sorry for those of you who have tried this and are not having success.One,I am not a chemist by any means,so this stuff is all geek to me lol.Two,I have problems trying to put my thoughts to paper,things get lost in my mind all the time and quite easily,so again I must apologize lol.Explaining stuff like this is not a strong suit let us say.But,It obviously works because I have repeated it many times now.

I have found the temperature of the naphtha is not nearly as important as the separations are during this process.As long as your naphtha is warm enough to dissolve your spice it is hot enough,you do not need to see a rolling boil like you do when you boil water.

As mentioned before a simple hot water bath is enough to get the naphtha to start to bubble and it only takes a few mins.As soon as I see it starting to bubble even a little bit it is removed from the water,it is now plenty hot.
The glass that contains the spice does not need to be heated at all,and I recommend that you do not.
Once your naphtha is hot,start adding it to your spice with your dropper,bit by bit,don't just pour the hot naphtha in there,this may increase any loss.

After doing it a few times now I have found it is not the temps that matter,it is those separations that really matter.

Keep trying you will get it,or just use another solvent,I hear they work better anyway lol.I am going to have to try it out myself to see how much more selective something like Bestine actually is.

#116 DelphiEx

DelphiEx

As above, so below

• Expired Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Hey man no worries. I feel ya.

I gotta lot of product to play with so I'm not hurting or anything. Even if you can't put your thoughts down on paper, you certainly can put your pics on the internet. And that my friend is giving me hope!

Cheers!

#117 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,480 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:41 PM

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1302212382

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC05760.JPG

#118 ktbase763

ktbase763

Dimension Elevenish

• Expired Member
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:10 AM

Wow, DR, that is some beautiful crystal delight! I'm am literally green with envy. But, I'm also off to start a recipe ala marsofold, so I won't have to be green for long....
I'd rep you if I could, but they still are telling me to spread some more around before giving you any more chops....
I guess that keeps everyone honest (as if we weren't already) and keeps friends from making each other look too good.....
Thanks for sharing your tips and pics. You are definitely the shining beacon we all point our ships toward...:amazed::greenboun:teeth:

#119 Reverend

Reverend

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:23 AM

That is significantly impressive. Nicely done, it just seems to get better and better. Those are some pretty crystals.

#120 koldj

koldj

Wounded Healer

• Expired Member
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 04:28 PM

I was going to joke that you're just showing us some nice water crystals but then I thought that you should be making crystals of a totally different substance that all of us here surely love ;].

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!