#1 Guest_lyqwyd_*

Guest_lyqwyd_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:17 PM

Dear Students,
This is an honorable cause to follow!
I will even not drive at all.
have a nice day,
Professor Lizarralde --- Anthro/ethnobotany prof at a college

MAY 19TH: NATIONAL GASOLINE BOYCOTT DAY!

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NETLOSS OF OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS.
THEREFORE, MAY 19TH HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT TO THEM DAY" AND THE PEOPLE
OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE ON WEDNESDAY, MAY 19.

THE ONLY WAY THIS EFFORT CAN SUCCEED IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS MESSAGE TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT.

WAITING FOR THIS ADMINISTRATION TO STEP IN AND CONTROL PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. (WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL OF
PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?) NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP, BUT, AT THE SAME TIME, AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES; TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, WHICH, IN TURN, EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED - THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES, ET. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

BUT WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF OIL COMPANIES AND
POLITICIANS DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN, AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE MAY 19TH A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES
SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!"

MAY 19TH: NATIONAL GASOLINE BOYCOTT DAY!

#2 Guest_logic_*

Guest_logic_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 06:39 PM

No way that will ever work.

#3 Guest_suckerfree_*

Guest_suckerfree_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:28 PM

Heh, and I bet they have record breaking sales on May 18th.

#4 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:29 PM

Lol I can see the headlines now:

May 20th, Gas sales at a record high!

Hahahahahaha. No boycott will work until it is long term. At that point people either have to be willing to not leave their houses over it and it would pretty much shut down the country which will never happen. Too many like to get to work and get paid...

#5 Guest_logic_*

Guest_logic_*

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:58 PM

Well, just for example, I'm taking a vacation starting tomorrow. I'm not going to risk running out of gas if I get halfway there and run low. I'm not changing my plans for this either, since the reservations are already made.

#6 lothar187

lothar187

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

That's funny...

I buy gas like every 2 weeks and I just so happened to buy gas today cause I was running on empty.

Right after I bought it I heard about this on the radio.

oh well...

#7 negativezer0

negativezer0

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 03:31 AM

i bought it the 18th...

i dont know what will solve this bullshit, dont ask me, im a socitial hermit. i dont know much about whats going on in the world except that our president has shit for brains and the united states is involved in a bullshit war...

what i somtimes think i should do is cause an extra $10 worth of damage each time i have to fill my tank up. (the extra money i spend each time i get gas compared to $1.60 3 years ago)

fuckers...(bush and the gas companies)

Posted Image

#8 Guest_i_am_me_*

Guest_i_am_me_*

Posted 19 May 2004 - 11:19 AM

Heh when I first got my license gas was 89 cents a gallon.

#9 Guest_roo_*

Guest_roo_*

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:46 AM

All I can say is that high gas prices are costing me HUGE amounts of money. Its is a bunch of BS.

If this keeps up we are going to see more and more people losing their jobs because of it. The prices of goods and services are going to skyrocket.

This situation is MUCH more serious than people realize. If I have 10 employees and I am spending 10 dollars more per day on each vehicle they use, I might have to raise my prices or get rid of one employee to make up for the loss. Most likely I would have to lay someone off so I can compete. This sucks...

#10 Guest_suckerfree_*

Guest_suckerfree_*

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:09 PM

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

No boycott will work until it is long term.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

And i bet the one holding the oil drums could hold out longer...

#11 Guest_jake_*

Guest_jake_*

Posted 22 May 2004 - 09:43 PM

eh ye of little faith.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!