• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:19 AM

what is your ratio and amount of poo coir verm for these bags? also what strains have you had sucess with using this method?thanks for any help and for answering my previous question.peace

This is a new thing for me, in the past i've usually just used bags for grain spawn, but never for bulk invitro. so this is the only strain i've used in this setup. also first time in sterilizing a bulk substrate, always pasteurized before.

the ratio's were basically just eyeballed at 2:1:1 ratio and also used a small amount of castings in the mix as well. brought it all to field capacity in a 5gallon bucket with some hydrated lime in the water. loaded into large spawn bags and tried to get at least a 5" substrate depth in them. had enough bulk substrate to do 3 bags, but in the end, only ended up with these 2 shown because there was a tear in the 3rd bag near the seal and it got contaminated during incubation. started this thread to show this nice invitro flush with only a 0.2 micron filter! :amazed: Good luck tripequal in your endeavors.

#22 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:24 AM

Here's a pic of the 2nd flush harvest from the first bag. had a few nice one's, but not as many clusters as before. bag is now dunked again and hopefully will be working on a 3rd flush. the 2nd bag should be pinning soon with it's 2nd flush as well, will get some pics up of it too.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02539_1.JPG

• mestophilies and Ferretious like this

#23 fucgubarn

fucgubarn

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 764 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:14 PM

Very nice!
Love your method!

#24 Ferretious

Ferretious

Mycelium or your's?

• Expired Member
  • 728 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Absolutely inspiring Tenjin!:eusa_clap:amazed::bow:
  • tenjin likes this

#25 mestophilies

mestophilies

Suit Up!

• OG VIP
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:49 PM

Looks great tenjin!! :teeth: inspiring me to start on bags when I am able to start back up!
  • tenjin likes this

#26 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 09:01 PM

Very nice!
Love your method!

thx fucgubarn!
it seems to be a good method for me atm :thumbup:

Absolutely inspiring Tenjin!:eusa_clap:amazed::bow:

thx for checking it out Ferretious and for the kind words :)

Looks great tenjin!! :teeth: inspiring me to start on bags when I am able to start back up!

cool mesto! look forward to it.
glad to see ya around buddy! :)

#27 shroom31

shroom31

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 314 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:04 AM

This is probably the best bag grow i have seen! congrats dude. So whats the total weight u got and how was the study? I heard the TLY are pretty potent. let us knowwww

#28 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:13 PM

This is probably the best bag grow i have seen! congrats dude. So whats the total weight u got and how was the study? I heard the TLY are pretty potent. let us knowwww

thx for the compliments, this was really just a slacker type grow, i wish i would have had more time to clone or something, but oh well. the first flushes were roughly the same from each bags, a little over an ounce and a half dried. the second flushes ended up being half that probably. everything is stored and should definitely last me for a good while. one bag is working on it's third flush if all goes well and the other bag already crapped out. the study went awesome! was pretty intense weekend, stayed the night out in the bush with friends where i could just let go for once. swimming, fishing, food over the fire, clear starry night sky. really roughed it out, i still feel like i haven't made it back yet :special:

#29 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 10:35 PM

:eusa_clap can't get much easier than that! beautiful flushes, tenjin!! :bow:

i especially like that you re-use those bags for multiple flushes... and do you know how many times they can be re-sterilized?

#30 extrememetal43

extrememetal43

The Jester's Mad Chemist

• Expired Member
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 08:53 AM

I cant believe that thing looks so good growing in sealed up bags. Awesome man...just got those same bags too!
  • tenjin likes this

#31 HughMorrisLee

HughMorrisLee

Im a Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:31 AM

Just ordered my bags via the link you were so kind to provide already have some quart jars ready to spawn. Thanx for the post :eusa_clap
  • tenjin likes this

#32 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:35 PM

Thx for the comments everyone, couldn't have done it without this place. :bow:

Hi MD :)
not sure if they can be re-sterilized, never tried. after i'm done with the bags they are pretty f'd up :lol:, so i just grab a new one for a new project.

extreme and HML- awesome guys! they are nice big bags. the first bags i ever got were the medium 5 micron bags from sporeworks, which seem to be a thicker mil than these. but regardless, i can't complain. good luck and hope to see them in action soon. :)

Here's a pic of the first bag from the OP, on it's third flush. the sub has shrunk quite a bit and fruits are pretty sparse, but it's still going. had to stuff the top with polyfil and twist tie around it because i was impulse sealing and cutting the bag every time i opened it for a dunk, which ultimately you run out of room at the top to seal again because it becomes too close to the filter patch, especially if you are double or triple sealing.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02565_1.JPG

#33 HughMorrisLee

HughMorrisLee

Im a Fun Guy

• Expired Member
  • 81 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 07:47 PM

sorry mm, must have missed this before. it is TLY strain and is MS. still tinkering with cloning, but have yet to fruit one, hopefully soon though. :)

You should try the cardboard clone machine! I will be giving it a shot when my HBs are finishing up, probably the 2nd flush.
http://mycotopia.net...ng-machine.html

#34 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:40 PM

well the third flush turned out to be some fatty's, only there wasn't a whole lot of them. not really sure if it's going to flush again, but is dunking now and will see what happens. i'm surprised it didn't contam like the other bag did...

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02578_1.JPG
  • DSC02576_1.JPG
  • DSC02573_1.JPG

#35 wurrgit

wurrgit

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:11 PM

Sweet fruits, lets hope for another flush :)

Ive had no luck with cardboard cloning myself but i knew less about mycology when i tried it.

The way i got cloning to work was to rip a stem appart down the middle, ripping a few
tissue samples from the inside with a pair sterilized tweezers and dropping the samples
into half filled halfpints with sterilzed rye.
About half them took off and i used g2g to spread the clonemyc into pints of rye.
When fully colonized the rye was cased in verm.

The yield wasnt great but i was trying for bigguns and not cluster with my first clone :)

#36 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:16 PM

You should try the cardboard clone machine! I will be giving it a shot when my HBs are finishing up, probably the 2nd flush.
http://mycotopia.net...ng-machine.html

cool! good luck and let us know how it turns out. :)
i've never tried cloning to cardboard before, but i like how hyph does it.

i still have a bunch of MEA that i need to use up and i have one sleeve of dishes left. finally gonna try to invest some time into this project and clone one of the bigguns, if i can stay home long enough. here's a pic of the agar powder, dishes and my agar pourer. i forget which kind of liquor it was, but it works great for pouring agar with its long neck. I drilled a small hole in the cap and stuffed with polyfil so it can breathe during sterilization. i follow the directions on the agar jars, 25 grams per 500ml of water and sterilize for 10 min at 15psi.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02596_1.JPG

#37 pihop

pihop

Poohead

• Expired Member
  • 461 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 02:32 PM

Got inspiration from this thread for my lates grow :teeth:

Check out the grow in my signature to see if I can match these results with my Z-strain bags :thumbup:

#38 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

Nice pihop! :)
checked out your sig link, good luck man. I've had good results from the z strain in the past.

#39 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 02:07 PM

well it's starting it's 4th flush now, which is surprising because of opening the bag so many times and it being sterilized, which the other bag met a grim fate because of it.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02621_1.JPG
  • DSC02619_1.JPG

#40 tripequalspeace

tripequalspeace

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:46 AM

This is a new thing for me, in the past i've usually just used bags for grain spawn, but never for bulk invitro. so this is the only strain i've used in this setup. also first time in sterilizing a bulk substrate, always pasteurized before.

the ratio's were basically just eyeballed at 2:1:1 ratio and also used a small amount of castings in the mix as well. brought it all to field capacity in a 5gallon bucket with some hydrated lime in the water. loaded into large spawn bags and tried to get at least a 5" substrate depth in them. had enough bulk substrate to do 3 bags, but in the end, only ended up with these 2 shown because there was a tear in the 3rd bag near the seal and it got contaminated during incubation. started this thread to show this nice invitro flush with only a 0.2 micron filter! :amazed: Good luck tripequal in your endeavors.

tenjin im finally able to try some bag growing. mixed my spawn in the bags today. im using amazon strain and my bulk recipe was 1 brick of coir, 1 qt of vermiculite, 1 pint gypsum, and 4.5 qts of water. 2.5 qts of this mixture to 1 qt of spawn made 6 bags. really have been wanting to try your method and was wondering if a proven monotub recipe would do well in bags. one more question. i did pc the substrate. do you find this necessary? i have been 5 gal bucket past. my bulk with monos. wondering if i could do that with the bags to? thanks for giving me the idea to try this method will let you know how it turned out. peace.

Edited by tripequalspeace, 11 December 2010 - 10:49 AM.
messup

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!