Posted 06 February 2005 - 02:28 AM
I intend to let it sit for two days before dunking it and casing with verm.
Other than trying a 1:1 ratio before doing this, is there anything else I should be considering? Thx!
Posted 06 February 2005 - 03:25 AM
Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:46 AM
Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:48 AM
felt like playing and did a 1:2 corn:verm ratio. Roughly one litre of freshly birthed popcorn after invitro flushes(3 500ml jars) mixed with 2L of moistened verm.
I intend to let it sit for two days before dunking it and casing with verm. <!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>
i'd skip a dunk,
i imagine the verm would wash away as there isn't enough time allowed for it to be knit together by mycellium.
coir is much better in that regard,
sometimes mycellia won't easily colonize verm but it always chews right thru coir
Posted 06 February 2005 - 11:12 PM
Does the res tek make a notable dif with popcorn, or brf?
Posted 07 February 2005 - 05:25 PM
but it is helpful to whole grains like pcorn
Posted 07 February 2005 - 09:48 PM
Posted 08 March 2005 - 02:01 PM
I'm wondering if I should do one of three things differently this time. First might be to put the lids on tightly after dunking. Second would be to replace the lid with a tyvek 'lid'. Third would be a wax paper lid.
Any suggestions as to a method that will allow some air exchange, keep out trich until I have to loosen the lid for growing mushies, but not let out too much moisture?
Posted 09 March 2005 - 01:58 PM
Posted 09 March 2005 - 04:56 PM
Posted 09 March 2005 - 10:37 PM
Posted 10 March 2005 - 01:58 PM
I suppose I'll dunk the chunks and then combine some of them for what would be the third flush from the material - one invitro, one as above.
Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:01 PM
Nice results for neglecting popcorn.
Posted 10 March 2005 - 02:30 PM
1. Add popcorn to pot, cover with water, boil for 1 hour
2. Empty into strainer, rinse with tap water
3. Put back in pot, cover again, bring to boil for 5 min. to sterilize water some
4. Remove from heat & let cool a little. Cover with saran wrap and put in 'frige for 24hrs
5. Bring to boil again; this makes for good straining and avoids excess moisture problems
6. Strain for 45 min
7. Load into 500ml jars 4/5 full, top with: lid with holes, tyvek, band lid, al foil
8. PC one hour, let cool overnight, tighten lids
9. Inoculate with spores or spawn
10. Leave upright until invitro harvest time
11. Harvest. Break up popcorn & mix with equal volume of moistened verm
12. Let sit for a week in see-thru container, let loosen tops slightly
13. Wait for growth, swap lid for saran-wrap - otherwise mushies would push off lid and dry out from low humidity
14. Wait for harvest time, and harvest
15. DON'T KNOW! Thinking to recrumble & mix together cakes after dunking for another invitro flush. Suggestions welcome!
Hope that answers your Q I_am_Me!
Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:17 PM
Its cool to see it fruit well without an actual casing layer.
Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:18 PM
Posted 10 March 2005 - 03:35 PM
Prepare, then just watch until harvest is my ideal.