• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Cyaneus

Cyaneus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:19 PM

Could an individual lay highly evaporated/concentrated everclear psilocybin extract onto watercolor/blotter paper? Or concentrate the liquid so much that it could be squirted onto sugar cubes? Preserved in freezer of course. Would the doses be too low, would they keep?

SWIM's thinking it would be cool to have convenient vehicles less bulky than chocolates.

#2 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Free Member
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 04:33 PM

My guess is the dose would be too low.
Not to mention if you could concentrate it enough to lay, the air would oxidize it I believe.(Not if stored in the freezer, but I don't know about transit or durability..)

Love to see it done tho.

#3 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Free Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:56 PM

my hubby told me of a guy he knew that concentrated silly and said everyone who tried a pin head worth would never try it again.in canada we get these listerine breath gel strips that seem perfect for this but i can see mixing agar with a silly extract and mixing with say colored agar poured out thin and fan dried to make your own version of windowpane but never tried it,sorta like fake acid but silly instead...should work???? i think i would evaporate as much alcohol outta somethin' like that as i could before mixing it with agar mixed strong.blotter paper may work just concentrate it good then try it,either it works or it doesn't???? try it.

#4 Cyaneus

Cyaneus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 06:52 PM

Doing the math, I doubt this is a possibility. If a person could condense 112gr of mush, say 4qts of everclear, into .05 of a quart of liquid, than you'd still only be able to get 20grams (equivalent of mush) onto a sheet. Meaning you'd be eating a lot of paper just for an eighth of mush. I did this math using ChinaCats information of dissolving a gram of crystal LSD into 110ml of everclear. He said 110ml absorbs nicely into 10 sheets.

It's more realistic to reduce the solution down to 10 or less milliliters per eighth. Starting with an ounce of mush in a quart of everclear. The final solution would be that same ounce in an 8th of a quart. Divide that by eight, and you have 14ml of fluid per 3.5 grams of mush. If it would keep despite further reduction, say 10ml per eighth, than you could experiment.

When I make pumpkin pancakes, these things absorb at least 30 ml of homemade syrup without a drop of syrup left on the plate. This is for a roughly 3-4in pancake. It'd be sweet to use that to absorb the everclear, and than freeze it. Fig newtons and cookies have all proven to LSD to be a satisfactory vehicle, I'm sure anything of that nature would work. These foods would be more convenient than chocolates, and you'd only have to eat one pancake for a 10 gram dose.

SWIM needs to get more tubs going...

#5 scooby doo

scooby doo

Cerebral Surf Rider

• VIP
  • 644 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

Not to mention the fact that pscilly degrades hastily when to exposed raw o2. I wouldn't waste my time.

Edited by scooby doo, 09 August 2010 - 07:03 PM.
to

• TurkeyRanch likes this

#6 Cyaneus

Cyaneus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 07:07 PM

Not to mention the fact that pscilly degrades hastily when to exposed raw o2. I wouldn't waste my time.

Having a 10ml 3.5gr dose of psilo would be awesome. There is nothing about that that would be a waste of time.

Anybody know what the largest reduction has been on the forum?

#7 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• App Administrator
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

What scoob is saying cyaneus (and I would tend to agree) is that when you put it on blotter, or pancakes or whatever, that the oxidization from air exposure would degrade the psilocybin and psilocin after you put it on your media, not that its worthless to have a 10 ml liquid eighth.

That is mainly why the magic slowly degrades over time, oxidization. Having it in an alcohol solution prevents air from getting at it, thus keeping the active compounds active for longer. But if you put it on a cookie, the alcohol would evap, leaving the alkaloids dangerously exposed to air, where they would quickly break down.

If your looking to make food, chocolates, honey etc are all ways too keep the compounds active. I agree it would be cool, but I dont think it would work unless you kept it in the alcohol solution. Especially concentrating 3.5 grams worth into 10 ml, you would prolly have to keep it in a container with little or no air until you were ready to dose it, like an acid vial filled all the way to the brim and cap screwed on.

Not saying dont try, if you can prove us incorrect, do! I think its a cool idea also. Make a thread if you attempt it, I would like to see either way, success or failure.

Good luck!

:pirate: TR

EDIT: And as far as the smallest reduction, I have no clue, but there is the whole "crystal psilo" that you will see people babbling on about, and that is supposed to be so reduced as to basically be a xtaline salt. From the people I have talked to that have tried it, they get something completely inactive as an end product.

All I hear is "my friend said that it works" but I have never had anyone tell me that they personally had done it and had success. Never seen real evidence from ANY of the trusted names in the OMC that confirm it works, (with one batty exception). :weedpoke:

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 09 August 2010 - 08:43 PM.

• scooby doo likes this

#8 Poppy

Poppy

Mycotopia Sponsor

• Sponsor
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:02 PM

chair pulled up,

my .02, there are many types of paper that might absorb better over less surface area, I thinkk psilly jello shots would work better but I can see pourus paper dosed then dried in a nitrogen rich atrmosphere might be ok. idk , love to see some attempts

#9 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• App Administrator
  • 4,738 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 09:23 PM

Ya I think maybe jello shots, and thats basically kinda what iamsmiley said too, mix it with agar. I have made jello shots with agar, and they are good, and sure keep the alcohol in suspension for a few days. Not sure how well that would work with psilly, but I bet you could could put more than 10 ml in a single jello shot, (standard U.S. shot is 30 ml), so may reduce it to a larger volume for an eight?

Jello shots are limited on the amount of alcohol they can hold, so not sure how this would effect that idea.

The maximum alcohol content is somewhere between 19 fl oz (562 mL) and 20 fl oz (591 mL) of vodka mixed with a 3 oz (85 g) package of gelatin powder dissolved in 4 fl oz (118 mL) of boiling water; the resulting solution has about 30% alcohol by volume.[4]

http://en.wikipedia....t#Gelatin_shots

You could concentrate the everclear, and then maybe dilute it with distilled water until it is 30%, and add the corresponding amount of agar/jello mix to the resulting volume of liquid. That may work. Of course, the more you reduce the alcohol, the less jello you would have to eat.

:pirate: TR

Edited by TurkeyRanch, 09 August 2010 - 09:31 PM.
typo

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• VIP
  • 9,806 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:17 AM

Did somebody say jello shots? :amazed:

http://mycotopia.net...llo-recipe.html

http://archives.myco...es/5/10685.html

#11 dial8

dial8

3 Fungi Mod

• App Administrator
  • 5,307 posts

Donator

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

They would not try it again because it was so strong or very weak?

my hubby told me of a guy he knew that concentrated silly and said everyone who tried a pin head worth would never try it again.in canada we get these listerine breath gel strips that seem perfect for this but i can see mixing agar with a silly extract and mixing with say colored agar poured out thin and fan dried to make your own version of windowpane but never tried it,sorta like fake acid but silly instead...should work???? i think i would evaporate as much alcohol outta somethin' like that as i could before mixing it with agar mixed strong.blotter paper may work just concentrate it good then try it,either it works or it doesn't???? try it.

#12 scooby doo

scooby doo

Cerebral Surf Rider

• VIP
  • 644 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:04 PM

Having a 10ml 3.5gr dose of psilo would be awesome. There is nothing about that that would be a waste of time.

You can easily reduce an everclear extraction to 2-3 ml per dried gram in effect making a 3.5 gram dose into 6 ml or so so yeah a 10ml dose is quite doable and even preferred by alot of people who prefer less body load or have GI problems when trying to digest the fungi flesh.

Nonetheless, laying it on paper or cookies or what not is pretty much a waste of time as I and others above eluded to above.

#13 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Free Member
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

word.....
I'd love to see it done.
But I'm afraid the chem just doesn't back it up....
Tisk Tisk.

Laying mush would be amazing!

#14 Cyaneus

Cyaneus

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

I see the relationship between alcohol and psilly. If someday I need have so many mushrooms that I need to make room for more, I might try something like this. Probably not blotter, but maybe fig newtons or cake or something. Would post results success or failure. If that works maybe move to sugar cubes, if that works, maybe move to blotter.

SWIM has a recipe idea I will have to try out soon, based on the pancake idea but more realistic and way easier.

Pumpkin pancakes that are fluffy with absorbed psilocybin pomegranate syrup. Will post results. Maybe he'll freeze one or two and save it and see if it is still active at a later date.

Edited by Cyaneus, 12 August 2010 - 03:52 AM.

#15 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Free Member
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 09:57 AM

WORD!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: everclear, extract, lay

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!