• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:43 AM

i have been working on perfecting my auto tray set up for several years now,tweaking it to make it just perfect.now its ready to unveil.i start off with 4 pencil size holes one in each corner for drainage of water.i put my tray tilted with a 2" by2" block on one end and sit it on a coke tray to keep it off the cold floor.i cut a hole in my lid for more filtered air flow to keep the humidity from getting to high.for a filter i use blue shop towels(i put them on my box with masking tape),they are like cloth and are disposable and relatively cheap but don't fall apart.i then put a small hole for my airline to go in(sometimes i use 2 airlines,the jury is still out which i like best but 1 will do).next i cut down a gallon milk jug and put it under the other coke tray in the fruiting chamber,thats were the air line goes.i fill the milk jug once a week usually with water and throw a good handful of salt in it when i set the fruiting chamber up.i also throw salt in the bottom of the fruiting tray as well to prevent bacteria from growing.*salt is very important to this tek* course salt is prefered as i think it stays in the bottom of the tray best.next the cakes go in.i case very lightly with vermiculite(you should still see a little white mycelium poking through-to much is bad)that i have boiled for 1 hr. to make sure its clean.i plug in my fish pump and a week later it pins and fruits with no help needed.i do find if i get a real bumper crop of mushies i still have to open the tray a half inch or they can get a little to wet.its pretty humid at my place(cookies and crackers get soft and gross if left out) so if you live in a dry climate you may not need to open the lid a little for your bumper crop.thats all i can think of about it for now with my honey oiled brain but its pretty simple.i knew when i got it figured out it would be simple,the salt part took the longest to figure out.good luck and have fun with this easy tek,no more days stressed out that you didn't make it home in time to fan and fuck perlite,my old place looked like it was snowing in july i had so much in my yard!!! one less thing to buy.oh ya fish pumps with 2 spouts are best to buy and about the same price as one spout ones.no need for fancy adjustable air ones either keep it plain and simple.i've had adjustable ones have the air go to low and cause me problems,so let em' rip full tilt!!

Attached Thumbnails

• FC set up.jpg
  • FC filter hole.jpg
  • auto tray.jpg
  • FC top view.jpg
  • fc.jpg
  • nice growth.jpg
  • mycobag clusterfuck.jpg
  • more pins.jpg
  • go pin go!.jpg

Edited by iamsmiley, 26 August 2010 - 10:53 AM.

#2 demetrius shardson

demetrius shardson

be informed, then choose.

• Expired Member
  • 654 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:08 AM

awesome i am currently working on my auto system its just so hard to leave my babies

#3 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:46 AM

this works really well for fruiting cakes.sooo is anyone planning on trying it? sorry for the verbal diarrhea after my doob but i think it gets the point across.

Attached Thumbnails

• baby 1000 watt mushie.jpg
  • 1000 watt mushie.jpg
  • 1000 watt mushie tray 1.jpg

#4 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

Digging for Rainbows

• App Administrator
  • 8,904 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:40 AM

Damn IAS, I didn't know you could grow like this!

Posted Image

Nice work on your fruiting chamber. Full automation rocks! I won't be trying your tek, I've got my own setup which I'm happy with, but it looks really good. :bow:

#5 Earl Grey

Earl Grey

Dinosaur of the net

• Expired Member
  • 203 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

Nice 1 IAS. I use some like that too.

I want to do some changes to get closer to your Tec.

I wanna change the perlite layer to a salt/water layer for HR. What do you do with the salt? Do you make a solution salt/water? and pour it in the FC?

I have my airpump on the same schedule as the light. 12 hours on, 12 hours off.
Is your pump running 24/7 if i read it correctly?

#6 DiSc0Rd

DiSc0Rd

Black Sheep

• Free Member
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:01 PM

now i just need 2 adapt this so i can get it to work w a bulk hpoo set up cause honestly i get tired of fanning the things.. nice set up tho

#7 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:31 AM

Nice 1 IAS. I use some like that too.
I want to do some changes to get closer to your Tec.
I wanna change the perlite layer to a salt/water layer for HR. What do you do with the salt? Do you make a solution salt/water? and pour it in the FC?
I have my airpump on the same schedule as the light. 12 hours on, 12 hours off.
Is your pump running 24/7 if i read it correctly?

i put salt in the bottom of the fruiting chamber to prevent bacteria from growing in there and i also throw lots of salt in the milk jug(a GOOD size handful) then add water.if the jug gets low after a week just add water after that as the salt stays in the jug.i run my air pump all the time. my lights are 12/12.i tried just putting the salt and water in the bottom of the tub but to much surface area made the mushies to wet so i find a milk jug cheap and the perfect size.

#8 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• OG VIP
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:32 AM

Those are from clone right? Good looking flush.
Mc
:weedpoke:

#9 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

ya, those are from clone i've been fruiting this strain about 7 years now. i wasn't very clear about my filter towels i use so i'm posting a picture.these towels i got from home depot in the paint section but they also come in rolls a little cheaper from auto parts stores.these towels also work well for jars.i used to make circles cut out around a tomato can and put them under jar lids to filter air from jar holes.

Attached Thumbnails

• shop towels.jpg

#10 imsodangraw

imsodangraw

Eurhythmicist

• Expired Member
  • 726 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 09:38 AM

Nice setup IAS.

So instead of perlite, you use salt. I got that much. And you have a salt-water solution in the milk jug. BUT- what about the salt in the bottom of the tub? Is it just salt? Or is it salt-water sloshing around? And if it's just salt, how thick of a layer?

Thanks
ISDR

#11 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 16 October 2010 - 10:14 AM

the salt is in the milk jug and the bottom of my tray.the water is only in the milk jug.i usually use coarse salt,i think it stays in the bottom of the trays best.i use quite a bit of salt a good handful on the bottom and another handful in the jug.i use the jug because the tray gets to wet putting the water just in the bottom of the tray,to much surface area.this is what your salt should look like before adding water to the jug....i want it salty like the ocean to prevent bacteria,just like the ocean.the salt stays in the bottom and does not bother your mushies when done in this way.MUCH more salt than you'd put on your dinner!

don't forget your pencil holes in the corners of your tray,tilt tray to let out excess water and the filter on the top.

Attached Thumbnails

• salt tray.jpg

Edited by iamsmiley, 16 October 2010 - 11:13 AM.

#12 Telepathic

Telepathic

Spiritualized

• Expired Member
  • 472 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 01:46 PM

Hey, I know this is an older thread but I see smiley linking to it often still and I'm assuming this is what she is still using for her setup.

I just wanted to ask a quick easy question. Where are you finding the milk/coke crates you're using in this tek. The few crates I have found have all been to large to fit down into the bottom of my tub! Any suggestions?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!