#1 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 8,504 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:11 AM

Well, I'm about to give up on trying to brew... Two nights ago I drank my biggest dose yet, about 50 g Caapi and over 100 g Chacruna. This was my sixth brew, made with vinegar in a crockpot.

I definitely felt the Caapi this time: Walking around was fun and I felt floaty, and then I got verrrrry comfy when I layed on my bed.

I drank the Chacruna and two hours later I felt strange and ill, kind of tripping.... I guess... just hard enough to see tracers. Not exactly visionary ::sigh::

I suppose my Chacruna could be bunk. I did get a lot on a deal: Bouncing Bear had an "overstock" and was selling a kg for $100. What do you think?

#2 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

well, it does sound like your brew tek worked,
you felt effects.
how long did you brew ?
did you just do one extraction or a few on the same material ?
i'm assuming you already know to shred materials finely.
what was the ph after adding vinegar ?

if there's no problem in those,
then the potency of your materials would be the next likely suspect i'd agree.

#3 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 8,504 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:52 AM

I did 2 24-hour extractions of each plant. The materials were shredded by hand and hammer only. Is this not fine enough? Do I really need to end up with powder?

I don't know what the ph was, but I used almost 100 ml vinegar per liter of water (and didn't get rid of it all during reducing, either, YUK!)

Thx hip :)

#4 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 May 2005 - 11:38 AM

Did you use distilled water? That's important to make sure minerals
in the water don't interfere with alkaloid uptake.

Did the water ever boil? DMT is sensitive to long hard boils.
3 - 3 hr extractions are often better than long overnite brews.
It's important to monitor the brew closely, stirring occasionally.
You should see motion on the surface, a simmer, but not boiling.

Mimosa is cheaper than viridis...give it a try with 10-15 grams.
50 grams of caapi is a nice amt for full effects. Don't give up yet ;)

#5 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:03 AM

It's important to monitor the brew closely, stirring occasionally.
You should see motion on the surface, a simmer, but not boiling.

that's another reason i recommend a crock pot set on Low,
keeps the heat perfect for long brews, i can go a week
just add a little more distilled water now & then to
offset any loss.

#6 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 04:04 AM

the materials were shredded by hand and hammer only. Is this not fine enough? Do I really need to end up with powder?

finer = better
don't really need 'powder' but close is good.

#7 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

• App Administrator
  • 8,504 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 01 June 2005 - 12:56 PM

that's another reason i recommend a crock pot set on Low,
keeps the heat perfect for long brews, i can go a week
just add a little more distilled water now & then to
offset any loss.

Should I brew longer than a day for each extraction then?

Did the water ever boil? DMT is sensitive to long hard boils.

Nope, just simmered w/ the crockpot on low.

It seems like I did most things right... the materials were broken up pretty small, though not powdered. I felt the Caapi for sure, so it's probably some weak Chacruna. I might just take what I have left, try the DMT extraction, and order some more from another source. Thanks for all your help, guys :)

#8 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:18 PM

Should I brew longer than a day for each extraction then?

can't hurt, i often take a week to make a brew

#9 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:42 PM

You could try the alcoholic method with 10-15 g of the powdered leaf to test potency. Use rue for handy maoi. Make sure to eat some toast after a while if the effects are weak just to rule out bile entrapment of dmt. If the trip is still shit then the leaves must be crap. It sounds to me like you brewed fine. Try mimosa next time. you dont even have to brew it ande it is quite reliable. Easy to make.

#10 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 04 June 2005 - 05:54 AM

many say mimosa makes them sick...

#11 lsd_freak

lsd_freak

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 07:19 PM

mimosa isn't too bad, syrian rue is generally what makes me sick if i do a mimosa brew with syrian rue. I generally eat 1.5 grams of syrian rue, then 1.5 grams 30 minutes later. then after a half hour from that, i drink the mimosa brew. smoke some herb and lay back. any stomic discomfort will dissapear once the effects kick in. if you take it easy for the first 30-60 minutes, you'll be fine. you dont have to be bed ridden, but just dont do anything with extensive movements.

#12 carpo4

carpo4

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 June 2005 - 04:18 AM

I used almost 100 ml vinegar per liter of water

i'm not suggesting this as a remedy to your potency issue
but in terms of the difficulty you had evaporating the vinegar
i would recommend using approx. 15ml of vinegar per litre of water.
which type of vinegar are you using?
i've tried white distilled vinegar
but find apple cider vinegar to be far more palatable.
keep at it,
you'll make the breakthru'
and it will be well worth it.
these things are sent to test!

#13 Psychenaut

Psychenaut

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

The effects of a strong dose of Harmaline alone will create some of the strongest visuals you've ever seen. EVERYTHING vibrates it's colors and lights bounce all over the place heh. Drink them together and if you don't drink enough to puke, you'll either feel awfull thorughout the expiernece or the expeirnce will be lacking of it's potential.

It's as if you body get's the dose it needs and then you purge. On a good dose walking around is not what you are into doing, you are floored on your ass, sound animates the visual vibration and the mental effect is very much like a medium dmt expeirnece streched out (but the harmaline does alter the tryptamine effect somewhat).

;)

#14 AlienTouch

AlienTouch

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 12:34 AM

and definantly use more Cappi like 80-100grams

#15 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:10 AM

if you don't drink enough to puke, you'll either feel awfull thorughout the expiernece or the expeirnce will be lacking of it's potential.

not exactly a 'rule'
but pretty likely

#16 marsofold

marsofold

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 07:54 AM

I believe the problem is with the DMT concentration of the chacruna. I've extracted chacruna to yield white DMT crystals, but have found that the plant's DMT concentration is lower than generally appreciated. Only the top leaves are significantly stronger, and they make up a small percentage of the total. Also, commercial suppliers probably sell the older lower leaves and those that fall from the plant in preference to the top leaves so that they can vegetatively progagate their crop's upper branches, since seed propagation with this plant is so slow. I have few of these growing indoors under lights, so I can speak first hand about them...

#17 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 08:01 AM

where/how the chacruna was grown also seems, to an extent, relevant.
i might even hazard the guess that
chacruna is kinda like grapes grown for wine,
the quality and character are affected by many variables,
some obvious, some much more subtle.
treatment after harvest also factors in, storage too.
of course this could be argued for most plants and living beings.
we aren't talking pharms here,
don't expect standard results from plants/fungi.
two growing side by side can still vary considerably.

#18 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:18 PM

I bought some Mimosa Hostilis Rootbark and Syrian Rue.
I chewed 2 gramms of the Rue , and swollowed them. (Tastes so freakin bitter!) Then I made a solution of tap water and concentrated lemon juice (2:1). I ground 14 gr of Root bark with a food grinder. I got lot powder and a lot of "root-mesh" (Threads) Icouldnt get the mesh any smaller, and so I didnt bother. I put the Mimosa into the Acid-solution and simmered it for twenty minutes. I strained it and put the rest of the Rootbark into another solution, simmering this one for twenty minutes again. I put the solution together , and put them into the freezer for a short time. The stuff was still hot , and so I put Ice-cubes into into for consumption. (Its hot outside) After the first half of the Ayahuasca (I had eaten one more gram of Rue too) I began to feel a stomach ache and tried to retch. I retched some Root-mesh,, although I had not consumed such an amount. I assume it had been extracted from the Ayahuasca in my stomach and the "ejected".
Anyway, I drank the rest of the awful tasting brew, increasing my stomachs cramps in the process...
I didnt feel the trip coming on. I was merely tired and feeling ill. I watched 2 fast 2 furious for a while, when I suddenly began to see occasional sparks and faint wavy colours in the side of my view. (Is that called perifer view in english?)
I felt better stomch-wise after a joint, and was able to relax watching the film. I then also had the urge of fiddeling with things. I get this on shrooms all the time, and end up nearly eating up my fingers without noticing
Suddenly I vomited again and alot of Ayahuasca fluid along with Rootbark Mesh came out. After that I felt better, but still had no trip.
I ate some pizza later on, which somehow triggered some strange feeling in me, just like when a shroom-trip starts "coming over you" again. Other than taht I felt nothing. Closing my eyes didnt result in CEV neither.
When I went to bed 5 hours after consumption I couldnt sleep. Everytime I was at the virge of sleeping I began to see bright light and was alerted in my head. This went on for 4 hours. I also started to panic cause of possible burglars invading my house, whilest my parents were`nt there. (Something I now catagorise a a "wierd thought, similar toi a shroom trip thought".
After that I fell asleep,and woke up normally this morning.
Now all these small simptoms show a small trip-reaction, but nothing I am prepared to experience considering the vomiting, awful taste and tiredness. What did I do wrong?
Is it possible to destroy dmt when the liquid boils? Or was the Mesh not fine enough?
Thakyou for any comments,
Jazz
P.S: The signs of tripping might come out a bit greater than they initially were. I pointed them out in detail, just to show how little they were. The sparkling and the colours for instance were really very vague.

#19 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:19 PM

what went wrong ?
http://mycotopia.net...tachmentid=9120

#20 phalanx

phalanx

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 609 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

sounds like the brew may have been overheated and not cooked enough. Maybe not enough water was used.

On top of that, he puked too soon.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!