• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 dbzeroone

dbzeroone

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 327 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:31 PM

You might also consider creating some silicone injection ports in your lids.

Yea, I read something about that a while ago. It sounds like the way to go. Does the silicone stand up to repeated PCing or do you have to pick it off and reapply every time?

Thanks for the tip about the airport. My initial thought was "There couldn't be THAT much vacuum in there". Good thing I didn't have to learn that one the hard way!

I'm stoked to try an LC with some oysters after reading Srgtm1a's recent post. The produce guy said they're not a consistent item 'round these parts so I'll have to keep checking... or just buy spores, but what fun is that?!

#22 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:37 PM

offer a trade in marketplace
someone out there has 'em

#23 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

Does the silicone stand up to repeated PCing or do you have to pick it off and reapply every time?

get the RTV at auto parts store
it can take the heat
of course
if you poke a bunch of holes in it,
it's cheap and simple to replace,
might as well.

#24 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:30 PM

The silicone will easily survive many trips through the PC. Replace the port when you can actually see a hole/divot starting to form in it. FOAF finds them easiest to remove by scraping off with a single edged razor blade.

Silicone ports (if you make 'em thick) are good for at least 100 injections. 200 if you want to risk it...

You will be AMAZED how much vacuum will form in a 1/2 pint jar. My FOAF thought, "No big deal, I'll just hold the syringe plunger back." 1 second after injection, he was holding an empty syringe. Even holding the plunger, it sucked the syringe dry almost instantly.

And the cake didn't even grow out because it was too wet, having gotten doused with 11mL of spore water!

#25 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 02:38 PM

:lol:
damn

#26 python

python

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 04:27 PM

he's not talking pf tek,
but liquid culture.

well in that case id use a tyvek cover or a synthetic filter disk.........

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!