Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

who knows about your grows!!!

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

Poll: who knows about your grows? (247 member(s) have cast votes)

who knows about your grows?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Heirloom

Heirloom

Quantum Particle

• OG VIP
  • 4,631 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 30 September 2017 - 07:22 PM

the people who know have already proved themselves they would die before betraying me , one guy got a 10 year sentence because he would not name names, then 30 yrs later got a 40yr sentence ( drugs only) never gave a single name. I respect this dude so much I gave him my house in a deed signed over I owed nothing to a bank. I picked him up from prison we had a good time before I took him to meet his parole officer, who tested him for drugs but not for a car full of women, State trooper saw us doing 80mph + and didn't bother us we had the best time since we were kids.<br /><br />all those who have seen are the kind of people who have your back in a firefight.<br /><br />that's why people say " on a need to know " basis I am better off not knowing some things, as I've told friends<br /><br />short I am very safe I hope you all are too, namaste<br /><br />
  • skunk and whirledpeas like this

#62 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 4,136 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

i guess i just don't understand why people will readily trade up and pass out their Oxycodones, and Xanax. But think shrooms and pot are some big threat?

Quite simply because those in the pinnacles of power know that oxycodone and xanex can make you moronic and dependant, and that's ok with them.

But pot and shrooms open minds, and make the invisible, visible. That's not okay with them.

So they plant the "drugs are bad" idiom, along with "but prescriptions aren't drugs."

You don't see a lot of "drug stores" anymore, now they all say "pharmacy".

It's tough to lead those who refuse to follow.

Edited by SteampunkScientist, 02 October 2017 - 08:53 PM.

• crazy1, Skywatcher, Microbe and 4 others like this

#63 Shmoopy

Shmoopy

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 07:15 PM

SSSHHHHHH !!
      i like turtles.. thats it..
:tongue: :tongue: :bat: 

#64 firerat

firerat

Why am I so thirsty....

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,033 posts

Donator

Posted 18 January 2018 - 09:43 AM

What grows? :reb:

Hehe. Wife. That's it.

Same answer....

#65 ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

ShroomyTravellerFromAfar

Mycophage

• Free Member
  • 176 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 05:49 PM

only online friends in this forum, and other forums that deal with shrooms and cana which i eat in tiny amounts when needed to treat sleep issues

#66 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 748 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2019 - 06:53 PM

Just my partner, my sister and one friend. It doesn't stress me out that that one friend knows but if I had done it over again I would have not said anything.

• RutgerHauer likes this

#67 RutgerHauer

RutgerHauer

Knows Nothing

• Free Member
  • 1,009 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2019 - 10:21 AM

As far as I know I'm not doing anything illegal here.. Just learning to grow mushrooms. My mom knows and likes it.

#68 Boebs

Boebs

Psychonaut

• VIP
  • 1,120 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 December 2019 - 12:14 PM

The flies on the wall, even they share secrets;)

Tell no one who do not NEED to know.
  • Oneyedraven and Moonless like this

#69 Oneyedraven

Oneyedraven

Mycotopiate

• Gold VIP
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 December 2019 - 11:02 PM

1st rule of Fight Club comes to mind....
  • Boebs and Moonless like this

#70 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,950 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 December 2019 - 03:22 AM

Guess I'm weird, as usual.

Pretty much everyone I'm more than a casual acquaintance with knows what I'm up to in my case. So a few dozen, give or take; heck if I know. One did go psycho a few years back (on everyone he knew thanks to bad drugs) and tried to do me wrong in particular by dropping a dime but I had measures in place to prevent that sort of fuckery from going anywhere.

That's a funny thing about Fight Club; theoretically it should never have gotten any bigger at all, so a lot of members had to have been breaking that rule that they liked to repeat. It happens anyway because when we promise to tell "no one" that generally means no one "except you because you're one my closest friends and I know YOU wouldn't tell anybody else!" and since my closest friends all have their own groups of closest friends the cycle continues and soon enough the whole damned town knows where the fight club is while you're under the impression that only one or two people know because you told no one else.

I likewise suspect that it's probably often the case that more people know we're growing than most of us are willing to admit to ourselves (and therefore to others). This could result in a false sense of security since an unrealistic assessment of the situation we're in makes it impossible to know how to secure it, or notice that our security might need tightening up (or that we might need to pull the plug, trash the grow, stash the gear and lay low for a minute; that's definitely not decision we can afford to make too late).

So in my case, if I had assumed or believed that the guy who went nuts didn't know what I was up to then I might not have made those arrangements to tighten things up as soon as I noticed he was going off the deep end and beginning to direct his paranoia and rage at myself and a couple other now-former friends of his.

• cujoloki, RutgerHauer, Moonless and 2 others like this

#71 ElrikEriksson

ElrikEriksson

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 486 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 12:44 PM

No one, here.

If I had a partner I hope I would tell them, because I wouldn't want to have a relationship with anyone I couldn't trust with an important part of me.

TV is right, friends tell friends, tell friends... When I was a little punk teenager I was hanging out daily with this stoner chick as a very close friend. After she was around for about a year my dad pulled her aside and was like 'wanna see my weed grow?' and he proceeded to show her half a dozen budded out cannabis plants and gave her a nice big bud. He was surprised to find out she didn't know he grew. Apparently, I was the only person ever to know about it and not tell someone else. :laugh:

• Moonless likes this

#72 Moonless

Moonless

Mycotopiate

• Black VIP
  • 748 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 December 2019 - 04:02 PM

Guess I'm weird, as usual.

Pretty much everyone I'm more than a casual acquaintance with knows what I'm up to in my case. So a few dozen, give or take; heck if I know. One did go psycho a few years back (on everyone he knew thanks to bad drugs) and tried to do me wrong in particular by dropping a dime but I had measures in place to prevent that sort of fuckery from going anywhere.

That's a funny thing about Fight Club; theoretically it should never have gotten any bigger at all, so a lot of members had to have been breaking that rule that they liked to repeat. It happens anyway because when we promise to tell "no one" that generally means no one "except you because you're one my closest friends and I know YOU wouldn't tell anybody else!" and since my closest friends all have their own groups of closest friends the cycle continues and soon enough the whole damned town knows where the fight club is while you're under the impression that only one or two people know because you told no one else.

I likewise suspect that it's probably often the case that more people know we're growing than most of us are willing to admit to ourselves (and therefore to others). This could result in a false sense of security since an unrealistic assessment of the situation we're in makes it impossible to know how to secure it, or notice that our security might need tightening up (or that we might need to pull the plug, trash the grow, stash the gear and lay low for a minute; that's definitely not decision we can afford to make too late).

So in my case, if I had assumed or believed that the guy who went nuts didn't know what I was up to then I might not have made those arrangements to tighten things up as soon as I noticed he was going off the deep end and beginning to direct his paranoia and rage at myself and a couple other now-former friends of his.

Woah TV that is some well planned shit you had to manuve. What did you have to do when your former friend dropped the dime?

#73 Nibano

Nibano

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 09:45 AM

I'm very careful (paranoid?) with who I tell about my grows. Only one of my friends know, my best friend. He is the only one who knows that I can provide mushrooms, even. I don't like being open with that. And he is probably the only one who will ever know, except for if I find maybe meet a partner in the future.

And still I have prepared for what I will do if people find out and shit is about to turn bad.

...And my dog knows, though he of course doesn't have any idea what's going on. He's just a clueless furry partner in crime.

• Moonless likes this

#74 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• 13,950 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:43 PM

Woah TV that is some well planned shit you had to manuve. What did you have to do when your former friend dropped the dime?

Keep growing, basically.

But I swapped my trays for blocks of Pioppinos, which look a lot like cubes. Then I made sure that that info was leaked to him through others in a way that made him think I didn't want him to know because I was setting him up for a charge of filing a false report and maybe planning to sue him for slander or whatever after they raid my place and only come up with gourmet edibles. I didn't actually want to go through the raid part (to put it mildly), but I swapped species just in case he was stupid enough to go through with his plan.

I also suspect that anything he said to any cops was taken with a massive grain of salt after his about-to-be-ex wife filed several reports of physical abuse and harassment, documented with photos. That and his descent into coke and meth-induced psychosis (and therefore his lack of credibility) was glaringly obvious to everyone. He started trying to fuck me up when I helped her find a good lawyer and get away from him. I never want to take sides in someone else's divorce, but when there is physical abuse involved I have no choice as far as I see it.

• cujoloki, bezevo and Moonless like this

#75 cujoloki

cujoloki

unbeknownst

• OG VIP
  • 308 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:32 AM

Damn good job TV! Too many people turn a blind eye to these human failings. I believe people deserve better, too.

• TVCasualty likes this

#76 Baphom3t

Baphom3t

I Put That Shit On Everything!

• VIP
  • 696 posts

Donator

Posted 17 January 2021 - 03:54 PM

Those that know I grow are in other areas of life that are beneficial and we work together in a symbiotic way, they know not to say anything or they will meet my other friends.
Outside of folks here on topia, I can count on one hand how many know.

#77 XxMushroomsxX

XxMushroomsxX

Myco. Thumper

• Free Member
  • 391 posts

Posted 17 January 2021 - 09:06 PM

Just my lady I don’t like people to know to much about my business

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!