• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 shimmy

shimmy

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 318 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

i love when mushrooms just give me a huge slap of reality in the face and i feel completely overwhelmed with anxiety knowing i cant stop whats going to happen for the next few hours thats why i take them life is great!!!!

#22 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2006 - 05:55 PM

Shimmy, you are a man after my own heart...

As I said above, "Some people even make a hobby out of freak out level trips." Just call me a dedicated hobbyist...

Landogarner - hives 24 hours later is a sign of an intense physical reaction. Hives still present that evening *could* be blamed on the extreme emotional factors, but 24 hours later pretty strongly implies a purely biological reaction.

I would again suggest pre-treating with Benadryl (or another potent antihistamine) and taking a MUCH smaller dose. You can always take more but you can never untake 'em.

#23 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:06 PM

good idea.
i had a friend who thought he was macho,
insisted on gobbling down a wet ounce
followed by a 7 gram dry chaser.
he scared himself so bad that
he literally shit himself.
the projectile vomiting only made it worse.
he swore shrooms off for over a year
but i finally got him to
just eat one shroom, about a gram.
he had a great time.

#24 BuckarooBanzai

BuckarooBanzai

The Abe Vigoda of Mycotopia

• 8,968 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

Psychedelics do love to bitch slap people who do dumb ass, disprespectful things like that. Macho. HA!

Reverence for their power and and gifts, on the other hand, seems to always lead to interesting things. Maybe not entirely pleasant/comfortable things, but always something interesting to see and think about.

What fun would there be in an entirely pleasant and comfortable life, anyway? Pleasure means jack to someone who has never known pain...

#25 Gamera

Gamera

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:39 PM

I've had several trips where I would have given anything to be able to let go, but for whatever reason I was unable to do so. Its a rough ride once you realize you are going to be fighting it, I've been there.

An established mediative practice helps a lot, you might consider that before you try again. A lower dose would also be in order. But I'd be very surprised if you didn't get the urge to try again before too long.

#26 mushit

mushit

Shit Lover

• OG VIP
  • 2,164 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 20 March 2006 - 07:58 PM

next time
surrender
don't fight.

Nothing else has to be said......................

#27 shedthemonkey

shedthemonkey

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:29 PM

Except to say, most of us don't see the button you can push that says:

"No---lets do something else. "

That magic little phrase has kept nearly every trip of mine, even the deep dives, decently handleable. I believe we all have that button. Just keep that in mind when you are coming up. Guiding the MushieMindCraft is allowed!

When it feels like too much, you can't clench and fight...as you well know...but she allows you to change channels. She WILL push you more than you think you can handle sometimes, but just thinking that phrase quickly brings back the fluffy bunny land that is just too happy. And when the bunnys grow teeth and a hungry look, push that button again! :D Sounds silly but it works for me. Rince and repeat through 4-6 hours.

#28 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 09:44 PM

surrender means
standing naked before god
oozing and dripping out of every bodily orifice
knowing full well
that you are disgusting, pitiful, pathetic-
and laughing
with the sheer joy
of being alive.
:bow:

#29 cherkropper

cherkropper

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:46 PM

surrender means

I wonder if each person's journey into psychadelics reflects their sober feelings of fear or joy about the meaning of their life. How one feels about their god when sober must surely be amplified and explored when in the altered state. The letting go of the ego is the only way to look at our soul objectively and tell the BS from the things that are important. This can be unpleasant but the education may lead to peace within yourself... eventually.

#30 Spark

Spark

OG

• Free Member
  • 855 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

One time i tripped on shrooms and basicly the whole time i was clutching my stomach and laying down in my bedroom in the fetal position.

#31 Invader Zim

Invader Zim

Cisco Certified Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 592 posts

Posted 20 March 2006 - 11:12 PM

oh wow, i wondered what happened to you. um, no real advice here everyone else pretty much covered everything lol....sorry to hear you had a sorta bad experience, but try not to think of it as a bad experience and more as a learning experience.....i hope this time didnt discourage you from any further experimentation?

#32 cordyceps

cordyceps

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 129 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 03:25 AM

Oh boy, I've been there, as I'm sure many here have. I disrespected the shroom and ended up ingesting about 10 dry grams. Nothing like the sensation of being sucked into your own eye. But that was just the visual trip, the mental ramifications of my "ego death" where very real and long lasting. It was like my brain rearranged itself.

#33 Landogarner

Landogarner

Nosce Teipsum

• Free Member
  • 412 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:53 AM

I would just like to thank everyone for the advice and letting me know I am not the only one to go through this. I think I will be much better prepared next time around.

You can read about something all day long but until you actually experience it firsthand you are never truly prepared. Good lesson to be reminded of. :hippie:

#34 b52baby

b52baby

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:28 PM

surrender means
knowing full well
and laughing with the sheer joy
of being alive.

...Take your river analogy a step further and picture yourself trapped in fast moving water. What is the best way to survive, in such a circumstance? Should you fight the current and try to swim or just ride with it? If you fight strong currents, you will quickly get tired and drown. If, however, you can relax and simply breathe deeply, you realize that your body naturally floats and instead of being a terrifying confrontation with death, it just becomes a wild ride.

Irrational fears are called that for a reason. People remind you over and over that "it's just a drug experience, it will subside," for a REASON. Remembering and acting upon those thoughts whilest in the throwes of a psychedelic encounter can be VERY difficult (if not impossible). Remembering that your experience will be over in a few hours is not so reassuring when each moment seems to take a year to pass. .........

great posts, both of you.

#35 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:39 PM

thanks
but use of our tag phrase A.M.
is restricted to Staff members here,
admin & mods.

#36 Invalid Comfort

Invalid Comfort

Brother Pinja

• Expired Member
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 01:36 AM

Thanks for this post Lando, it allows newbies to read and learn without having to actually experience such things first time around. The advice give henceforth is invaluble.

I could (and have) spend days on this forum, and still only just scratched the surface.

#37 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 07:31 AM

surrender means
knowing full well
and laughing

damn
sometimes i'm almost a poet
:eusa_danc

#38 guitargrrl

guitargrrl

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 91 posts

Posted 29 March 2006 - 11:32 AM

Landogarner, Glad you've shared your experience. I certainly understand your fear towards shrooms right now, but it's a good thing that you've learned something. Way back in high school I used to eat acid like it was going out of style, and had an AWFUL trip. I was just looking at my bedroom door and the most menacing clown (Think Stephen King's IT- Pennywise the clown) I had ever seen popped out and growled "you're going to die" and proceeded to explode into hundreds of little skulls. The skulls flew at me from ever direction, cackling as their eyes lit up in red or green. They wouldn't leave... I turned on a bright light ....still there... go into another room ...they followed me. I spent a good 6 hours sweating and shaking in fear. I slept with a light on in my room for the next 3 days.
Never again I told myself ... boy was I wrong.

The fear eventually faded away, but the wonder of exploring never left me. It will take time, but hopefully someday you'll give it another shot. Go with a lower dose... I'm a lightweight when it comes to most stuff and I rarely dose higher than 1.5g... Had a couple almost bad experiences from 2.5-3.5g, so I just adjusted accordingly and haven't had a tough trip since. Find what works best for you and remember we're all here for support!

#39 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 29 March 2006 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, 3, this is poetic and poignant! When I am sober (not tripping) it is hard for me to connect to any idea of a higher power, although I want to believe. But, when I trip especially on shrooms I feel in my bones that there must be something greater out there and I have never been religious at all. That says a lot about the power of shrooms. That in itself seems so worthwhile that legalization should occur!

surrender means
knowing full well
and laughing
with the sheer joy
of being alive.

#40 Gomp

Gomp

Mycophiliac