• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 Spikester

Spikester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 01:38 AM

Hello everbody i am from the garden of England. A relative newbie to the world of entheogenics. Anybody else from this part of the country???:dance:

#42 paph

paph

Future Sailor

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 2,530 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2011 - 03:16 AM

Welcome to topia Spikester. :)

#43 Spikester

Spikester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:25 PM

Has anyone experimented with taking liberty cap spore prints and thus growing them??? Or has anyone got a supply they could take some prints from. Just thinking it would be interesting to see if they can be cultivated and having an all year round supply??? :flash:

#44 Raziel

Raziel

We will ... live forever

• Expired Member
  • 2,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 13 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Has anyone experimented with taking liberty cap spore prints and thus growing them??? Or has anyone got a supply they could take some prints from. Just thinking it would be interesting to see if they can be cultivated and having an all year round supply??? :flash:

Let me know if you have any luck, I have been looking for years. If you do find any they will only have come from the wild and so may need to be grown on agar as opposed to making a spore syringe.

#45 the_other_chap

the_other_chap

The Whelk of Reason

• Expired Member
  • 919 posts

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Hi Spikester (and everyone else) ;)
I used to be in Kent, but we moved to Wales a couple of weeks ago. :D

The only place I ever forund liberty caps in England was on Hampstead Heath.... hoping for a bit more luck here in the Wetlands.

Much easier to grow P. cubensis than P. semilanceata... It seems to be not too difficult to get the mycelium to colonise pasteurised straw, but a bugger to get them to fruit. :)

If you have the space for an outdoor patch of woodchips, P. azureus and P. cyanescens grow well in the UK.
I'm planning an azureus patch myself next year.

#46 Spikester

Spikester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:14 AM

My mates older brother used to go on a picking trip to Wales every autumn lovley shrooms with a very clean mellow visual buzz.

Do you know of a supplier for P. azureus and P. cyanescens spores??

If there growing outside would i still need to worry about streilising everything??

Be very interested to hear how you get on with grow.

Thanks for the advice.:meditate:

#47 the_other_chap

the_other_chap

The Whelk of Reason

• Expired Member
  • 919 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:00 PM

Do you know of a supplier for P. azureus and P. cyanescens spores??

If there growing outside would i still need to worry about streilising everything??

Be very interested to hear how you get on with grow.

I was lucky enough to be gifted some azureus spores by another member, but some of the site sponsors have spores available... couldn't tell you which ones without looking. :)

If you're starting on them on agar, then you'll need to do all the usual sterilisation stuff until you transfer to woodchips.. after that, it shouldn't matter too much. Once the mycelium is established, it usually outgrows any competitors.

I'll post a grow thread when I get started, so you can follow my progress. ;)

#48 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,085 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

Hello everbody i am from the garden of England. A relative newbie to the world of entheogenics. Anybody else from this part of the country???:dance:

Welcome to 'topia!

#49 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 8,085 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:31 PM

I was lucky enough to be gifted some azureus spores by another member, but some of the site sponsors have spores available... couldn't tell you which ones without looking. :)

If you're starting on them on agar, then you'll need to do all the usual sterilisation stuff until you transfer to woodchips.. after that, it shouldn't matter too much. Once the mycelium is established, it usually outgrows any competitors.

I'll post a grow thread when I get started, so you can follow my progress. ;)

Real nice of you Chap... been a while since I've seen you. Can't wait to see your grow, you always had a blue thumb!

#50 the_other_chap

the_other_chap

The Whelk of Reason

• Expired Member
  • 919 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:01 PM

Real nice of you Chap... been a while since I've seen you. Can't wait to see your grow, you always had a blue thumb!

<blush> :bow:

I've been a bit busy with "real life" stuff for a while now, but we've just moved home, and I'm hoping to get a bit more shroomwork done than I have in the past year or two. :)

We're in rented accomodation for a few months while we look for a permanent hovel, so growing facilities are a bit limited, but I'm hoping to get the azureus started so that I have some spawn to start a patch in spring next year.
I've done a couple of PF tek cubensis grows over the last year, but very little else.
I had to shut down the grow tent while we put our old place on the market, so I'll be starting again from seed when we eventually find somewhere. I think I can grab back a few clones from folks I've given them to over the years too, so hopefully I'll get back the C99 and a few other nice dope plants I've had to let go. :(

Good to see you!

#51 Spikester

Spikester

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

Thanks for the PM other chap i cant reply at the mo cos i dont have 10 posts. will reply asap!!

#52 BlueDruid

BlueDruid

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi guy's, thought I'd introduce myself here as I'm a newbie to mycotopia - though I've been on Shroomery for a while - and living in the UK.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!