• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 akoutdoors

akoutdoors

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:03 PM

The alcohol extraction ? Can high % ISO alcohol be used in place of Expensive drinkable Alcohol? It works for making Weed oil so I was wundering if this would work as well since it all will be evaporated out.
The only part of the Alch Axtraction I dont understand is the "drain of the alcohol every day or so and repeat until the alcohol isn't coming off dark green to black in color anymore" What does this mean? Where do I drain the Alch to? How long should the Alch be in contact with the cactus?
BTW This is a fantasic Tech

#22 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 February 2006 - 04:37 PM

Can high % ISO alcohol be used in place of expensive drinkable alcohol?

I'd stick with what's been proven to work. Use Everclear or Bacardi 151.

The only part of the Alcohol Extraction I dont understand is the "drain of the alcohol every day or so and repeat until the alcohol isn't coming off dark green to black in color anymore" What does this mean? Where do I drain the Alcohol to?

You're basically replacing the saturated Everclear with fresh every other day. Simply pour off the dark green alcohol into another container and set this aside. Next add the same amount of fresh Everclear to the cactus. Make sure to shake it up throughout the day. Continue this process untill the color is no longer changing, and it pours off clear. This is when you know you've gotten all the alkaloids from the cactus. At this point evaporate the alcohol using low heat and a fan, and you are left with a thick tar like substance which is the mescaline tar.

#23 akoutdoors

akoutdoors

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:05 AM

Why not use ISO? Its not getting drank, it works with no problems with THC, instead of using grain Alchy. Why would using it be a problem?
I'm not trying to be an ass, but I am curios what makes ISO so diffrent from Everclear in what its doing?
Hash oil IMO made with like 75% ISO tastes the same as Hash oil made with everclear, and the yeild is the same as well. Thanx for the clarification on the pouring off of the alchy

#24 waylitjim

waylitjim

A Mirror Image

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 4,706 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:45 AM

Go ahead and try iso.
Let us know how it works.

#25 cheech

cheech

wizard of sorts

• Expired Member
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 05:14 AM

thanks for the simple tek. looks nice.
i think it will be my next dream project. keep up the good work!!

#26 Guest_pcsillypj_*

Guest_pcsillypj_*

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:39 PM

copied to the vaults > cacti and succulants

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!