Photo
- - - - -

cakes misc. strains

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_dial8_*

Guest_dial8_*

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:28 AM

Are you guys sure he does not have some kind of contaminant? Look here at how downy these guys are. That does not look right. Vert parasitising the fruit body?
http://mycotopia.net...46&d=1147831193

#62 SharkieJones

SharkieJones

• OG VIP
  • 3,269 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:32 AM

3rd pin on the right may be a cause for some concern. Looks like they need to be picked, I don't think those are going to get any bigger. Things are looking abit grey and wispy.

#63 fahtster

fahtster

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 1,780 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 May 2006 - 03:32 PM

heh... i don't think they look right either... looks too wet to me.. i have shrooms that abort when they are too wet. i can see water droplets on the cake also. have you been watering them?

fahtster

#64 doobydoobydoo

doobydoobydoo

Lifestyles Moderator

• Expired Member
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 07:36 PM

heh... i don't think they look right either... looks too wet to me.. i have shrooms that abort when they are too wet. i can see water droplets on the cake also. have you been watering them?
fahtster

I thought just this looking at the pic of the pins above, I scroll down, and fahtster says it for me ;)

I've seen some cakes and strains that when they get over saturated, they don't push out fruits well. Sometimes they'll be tiny like that, and after a week, just never get going and I need to clean the cake off well, and replace it back without dunking. Some strains are tricky like that... I do not recall how the pfcs where when I worked with them, but someone mentioned a lil lower humidity for them, might be what is up... Something, maybe the cake, a lil too damp/moist.

I'd cut the misting down to almost nill, and increase the air changes to naturally dry out the cakes and see if new/bigger/nicer fruit bodies form. Do this after cleaning all these current non-growing pins off the cake. Give it some more time though and lets see what happens with it currently.

#65 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 09:49 PM

Thanks peeps,
yea i did water the verm. plus it is not the usual verm i use. It was from a unopened bag. I also thought things just don't look right. I stopped the misting and will try to fan more often. I do it in the am and when i get home from work and before bed. I do think they are way too wet from what others say. Live and learn, ya know. I'm so used to growing PE's with little trouble. I'm going to clean the nasty looking dark aborts off and i won't dunk after this flush. Well i guess their is still a lot to learn. did so well with other strains , got a little too confident, i guess.
I'll keep ya posted.
Thanks again for the input !
Peace !

#66 hogwild

hogwild

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:07 PM

Pfc is known for aborts, not to worry man, you look like your doing a pretty good job. Be sure to pick any caps that darken and get pointy like that, thats a telltale sign for aborts. You dont want any bacteria setting in. Peace.

#67 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 07:53 AM

Thanks hog !
Yea, i did not like the looks of them so i cleaned off both cakes last night. some started to rot, turn dark ! No dunk, they seem very wet. so they will be left to refruit. There were lots of primordal pins tho

#68 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:38 AM

yeah, i quit growing PFC long ago
because of all the damn aborts,
just makes harvesting a real chore.

#69 doodaa man

doodaa man

getting to know thyself

• Expired Member
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 04:14 PM

I hear ya hip ! just wanted to try them. I'll use up what spores that are left.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!