Photo
- - - - -

Buying a shotgun....

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:07 AM

The guy that robbed me at gun point used a Mac 10, it works, i highly recommend it. ( But he didnt get my monaaay! hahaha )

All we fuckin' need is more guns.

#62 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:08 AM

peace thru superior firepower

#63 Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Guest_Littlejohnnybiggums_*

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:57 AM

Thats about how the cookie crumbles aint it? Mayn stick a flower ( shit, dont even do that , let the flower grow ! ) just put the rifles down and sit back, relax.

#64 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:10 AM

if you are anti-gun
plz find another thread to post in.
or go start your own anti-gun thread.

#65 surfanarchist

surfanarchist

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 08:20 AM

After reading this thread I went back to the original post and I just have a few words.
1. If you don't know anything about guns then take some time and learn. Guns are great tools but most accidents happen to people who are unfamilier with them. Go to a range where you can try weapons and maybe get someone to give you some instruction. Learn and practice the basic fire arm safety rules

2. In some states/towns having a loaded weapon on you can get you in deep kimchi. In Washington DC a loaded gun in your car will get you a MANDETORY jail sentence. New York city and some other northern cities are the same. I agree with Hipp that being judged by 12 is way better then being carried by 6. Being locked up with 1 bubba does not sound good either. If you're going to be carrying then be aware of the local laws.

3. A shotgun in the car is only a good option if it is quickly accessable. Even a 16" barrel (legal minimum) with a pistol grip to be accessable would also have to be pretty much in plain sight. When you are travelling is that ok? (See 2)

4. In the heat of action everything is differrent. Your heart will be pounding and you will be shaking. If you want to get a taste of it go paint balling. Even when you know you won't be killed your blood pressure will go way up. For that reason have a weapon that can fire multible rounds. Cops in gunfights hit less the 10%. If you are approached by someone with a gun and they are not resting the barrel on your body then run. Bad guys hit an even lower %.

5. You will get a ton of advise about guns and most of it is good. It's also going to be all different. That's because there are so many veriables and most people like what they have. You need to find out what works for you.

6. What ever you get, practice, practice, and then practice some more. In the self defense world only those actions which you have commited to memory will surface for you under pressure.

Hunting is a completly different thing. If you want to get into it but have never been find someone to take you a few times and borrow equipment if you can. Lots of stuff to learn. Lots of things to consider. Like what game you're chasing, ect. Good look dude and STAY SAFE

#66 muffy

muffy

Political Prisoner

• Expired Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:11 AM

(1st pic)
my brother just bought a benelli nova, 12 guage
paid $275 for it used,
great for bird hunting, etc..
a very smooth shooting gun
(2cnd pic)
benelli m4 super90, 12 guage
alot more tactical/home defense
great gun, but it retails at $1,700-
:reb:

Attached Thumbnails

• db_m4super901.jpg
  • pompa%20benelli.jpg

#67 Invader Zim

Invader Zim

Cisco Certified Stoner

• Expired Member
  • 592 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:42 AM

ok here's my $.02....i noticed you didnt have a problem with pistols in a earlier post, you like the glock and what not...maybe whats stopping you is the price? if so check out hi-point firearms.

http://www.mkssupply.com/
there super cheap pistols (.380 acp for $120 brand new)
but they get extremely good reviews in every magazine they appear in. i currently own a .380 acp hi-point and have never had a serious problem with it, it can be a little picky about its ammo at times but you'll find the one it likes....anyway...just a thought.

#68 muffy

muffy

Political Prisoner

• Expired Member
  • 530 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:16 PM

check out
www.gunsamerica.com
they got em all'

#69 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:01 PM

thanx fer all the info guys. the point about having your weapon readily accesible is why I have a 1.5' parang in the door holder of my car. I have this thing about picking up hitchers, I like to do it coz i've spent plenny time riding my thumb. however, there are some crazy bastards out there and i like to be safe, therefore huge fuckin knife (plus I have plenty experience with knives and know just where to stick em so people dont wanna fight no more). I'm thinking I was just infatuated with the badassness of the 12ga pump pistol grip... an over under 20ga would be more my stylie fer brush hunting and what have u. Im driving thru ohio to montana, probably by a very circuitous route. I dont wanna hafta sit with a shottie on my lap either. also, why does almost every gun convo turn into a dick measuring contest somewhere along the line? whatever, im glad u guys got to chat about ur arsenal. thanx again.

#70 alligator

alligator

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

i personally dislike high point guns. every one ive had jammed up. my 9mm 995 carbine would (w/o any modifications) go fully automatic sometimes. firing off 3 rounds.

#71 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:49 PM

i have one of those little pistol grip 12 ga. pumps
they look cool but shoot like shit.

#72 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:10 PM

that's what i figgered. Well, you guys have any good quality + low price recommendations for a smaller gauge over-under/side by side (pro's? con's?) or a pump/auto 20ga if such a thing exists. The only guns I've ever shot are my my dad's spanish side by side (beautiful gun) and a few different 12ga breech double barrels, usually someone's less favorite firearm. skeet only too. I'm not a very good shot, but practice makes perfect. I live next to a private shooting range, so whenever people are firing over there I can blast away in my back yard without fear of interference. Plus, there's some good duck hunting here. i dunno if its the season or not, but that'd be some good practice. just out of interest, how far away would I have to be to kill a squirrel so there was something left to eat besides shot?

#73 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:14 PM

your community have gun shows ?
there is like about one a month around here,
see it advertised on billboards even.
good place to pick up cheap/used weapons.
that ebang link i posted is another option.
http://matrix.dumpsh...n/coachgun.html
or
http://www.ebang.com...itemnum=1079399
they do make most guns in 12/20 gauge
so shouldn't be too hard to find a 20 ga.
this is a 20 ga. coachgun
Posted Image

#74 lyqwyd

lyqwyd

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 658 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:33 PM

good shit, thanx. know where I can get me a stage coach? :teeth: gonna look fer a gun show.

#75 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:37 PM

it'd proly actually make a pretty decent little rabbit gun,
good in thick brush.
i've shot squirrel with 12 ga. before but never up close,
ain't sporting, ya know ?
minimum distance to have much edible meat left is about 50 feet,
much closer might well blow it in half.
picking birdshot out of food is a bitch
so use bigger shot. might miss a bit more
but at least when you hit, there will be a meal in it.

#76 malefacter

malefacter

:P

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:01 PM

This can be true with any gun. My 12 ga is very light and will take the shoulder off you if you are not ready. My .410 on the other hand weighs about the same as the 12 ga and has much less kick. Depends on the gun you are using. They all have different characteristics.

felt recoil comes from how heavy your load is and the charge pushing it versus the weight of the gun thats not counting but pads and shock absorption from auto loaders.

you can get more different kinds of loads from a 12 Gage than any other Gage gun so if your looking for a multi purpose shotgun thats the one to get

As for self protection in the car, I recommend a rifle. It is capable of punching through most or all parts of your attacker's car and has a MUCH higher capacity. Some people are also more comfortable with a rifle and it's lower kick (usually) than with a defensive 12/20ga shotgun.

try swinging a rifle or shotgun in the cab of a car or truck and you will see that a pistol is the best way to go even a carben wold be a pain in the ass

A shotgun would be heavier, longer and more bulky and have less capacity.

if you cant kill him/her with 5 shots your in deep shit no matter what gun you have.

Shotguns are powerful and wonderful weapons for close combat, when you score hits of course. Shotguns have high recoil and it takes a more experienced shooter in my opinion to score hits with one. I own a 12 gage tactical style shotgun and I am accurate with it because of practice and my natural ability to be accurate with a long arm rifle/shotgun.

most life and death shootouts occur within 10 yards. a shotgun with an 18" barrel and open choke ( no choke ) they even have disrupter chokes. wold make a pattern 30 inches at 15 yards with a rifle you have to aim

shotguns need little experience just point in the general direction. why do you think almost all police forces have 12 ga shotguns in there cars

00 buck is almost the same as 38cal imagine a bunch of them hitting you.

i recommend for the house a 12ga normal stock pump shotgun with bird shot it has plenty of killing power accuracy is less important in a stressful environment recoil is not a big deal i took a 14 yo 80 lb girl out dove/quail hunting with me and my friends and she can shoot it just fine

as far as capacity and reloading wer not going to war here just self defense

as far as Gage goes i wold recommend you go to your local gun store or even a walmart see what different loads you can find and for what price then decide on Gage.

:greenboun hint

if you plan on reloading than a 12 guage is for you

#77 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:21 PM

a brief comment on the ethics of using birdshot on a human target-
it's very difficult for surgeons to remove 100 tiny pellets without
doing a great deal of damage, so often they leave what they feel they
can safely risk inside the wounded person.
Larger shot sizes, like 00 'buckshot', are more easily removed
and are thusly more humane in the long term,
as well as more likely to be immediately fatal.
So fewer suffer from prolonged partial recovery.

#78 malefacter

malefacter

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

a brief comment on the ethics of using bird shot on a human target-
it's very difficult for surgeons to remove 100 tiny pellets without
doing a great deal of damage, so often they leave what they feel they
can safely risk inside the wounded person.
Larger shot sizes, like 00 'buckshot', are more easily removed
and are thusly more humane in the long term,
as well as more likely to be immediately fatal.
So fewer suffer from prolonged partial recovery.

buck shot has a nasty way of going through walls and killing Innocent bystanders and nabers bird shot can be stooped from a couple of layers of drywall

how come my last post got removed?

#79 Hippie3

Hippie3

DUNG DEALER

• Founders
  • 40,642 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:34 PM

thread log records no deletions
so i have no idea what you're on about,
sorry.

i still see it,
at least i see
what i saw
when i got here ?

something like this-

.....long post...

as far as capacity and reloading wer not going to war here just self defense

as far as Gage goes i wold recommend you go to your local gun store or even a walmart see what different loads you can find and for what price then decide on Gage.

hint

if you plan on reloading than a 12 guage is for you

#80 malefacter

malefacter

• Expired Member
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

ok sorry then im using my voodoo browser for some reason its not showing

neather is explorer mabie i need to reboot r somthing

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!