Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

My tomato plant leaves are turning yellow Help!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alixer

alixer

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

So half of my tomato plants are turning yellow is there any ideas why. There has been great weather, and they are receiving direct sunlight. here are some pics of both sides of the raised bed and then one of how the leaves look, please help!

Attached Thumbnails

• 3.jpg
  • 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg

#2 jakepet

jakepet

Briefcase

• Expired Member
  • 202 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

everything around where i live is turning yellow. IDK why but some kind of larva killed my bean plants and my vines (pumpkin, zucchini, cukes) but left my tomato plants alone. They devoured the stems of my plants right at the ground. i noticed this when my plant leaves were turning yellow. GL better luck next year.

#3 VirgilCaine

VirgilCaine

Pre-hungover

• Expired Member
  • 679 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 09:33 PM

If it is not lack of nitrogen, lack of water or insect damage, then it is most likely fungal. If the plants are over 3 foot tall remove the leaves with the damage and raise or remove any leaves that are under a foot above the ground. These will be the first to develop fungus problems due to splatter during watering. A compost tea can also help if sprayed directly on in the morning and allowed to dry before nightfall. Also, to kill most detrimental fungus for next year, cover your beds with black plastic to heat the soil, prior to planting. The hotter the soil gets, the better.

Hope you get it figured out:)

#4 DarkLestor

DarkLestor

Wanderer

• Expired Member
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

firstly:

WELCOME TO 'TOPIA!

its the end of september, your tomatos are likely just on their way out.

other than that tomatos can be affected by many things, to name a few:

*too much water
*too little water
*too much nitrogen
*too little nitrogen
*too much care
*too little care
*bad vibes
ect. ect.

i find that the case is useally someone has been trying to baby their tom's too much. water moderatly, and relax. if they go, they go, fall is comming/here anyhow.

not much eats toms's, their foliage is poisonous (nightshade family).

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!