• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 October 2010 - 10:16 PM

I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I've only dabbled with low doses of cubes over the years, usually no more than 1.7g and sometimes get a flutter of my eardrums that's a little weird.

Last night I decided to take a 2g PF Classic tea and had a very weird and uncomfortable time. First of all it felt more intense that I'd ever experienced (as expected) but I also found myself fighting it because it was uncomfortable. My eardrums started doing their flutter thing and I kept getting a really loud sound that I can only describe as a loud "snap", almost the same as the sound at 1:16, 1:30 and so on in the Shpongle song "Shpongle Falls".

[Direct Link]

It feels like it goes right through my head, penetrating my brain and is close to feeling painful I suppose.

The feeling was disconcerting, like a vacuum was forming outside my ears similar to when hitting a tunnel on a train. Again, because I didn't like the feeling I was fighting instead of letting myself go.

Over the last 6 months, I've taken 18 month old P. galindoi fresh stones (5g) twice and although the body load is massive, the feeling mentally is smooth as silk. These PFC seem to be rough around the edges?

I have to say, it was the worst experience I've had am struggling to work out what was different this time around.

Do any of you guys have similar feelings in your ears?

Edited by Boarders, 02 October 2010 - 10:20 PM.
Added YouTube link

#2 cym

cym

Forming Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

ive heard like sounds that seem like they are being passed through an LFO (low frequency oscillator) or a cutoff and resonance filter.
certain frequencies become damper while others are more prominent and this goes back and forth kind of like a sweep.

something similar (but not limited) to something like these:

Attached File  frequency sweeps.mp3   587.75KB   48 downloads
Attached File  Example 2.mp3   587.75KB   40 downloads

sometimes the range of pitch and speed of the changes stay steady like a rhythmic kind of thing and sometimes they sound sporadic.

sometimes when just sitting in the quiet, the noise of silence does this in my experience.

never heard any loud pops or cracks, but have certainly felt the uneasiness you are talking about but it usually subsides within about 45 min. if it doesnt, then that is usually my cue to change my environment (go somewhere else).
  • Ferretious likes this

#3 ellis dee

ellis dee

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 04:53 AM

hey boarders. just to let you know your not the only one who's experienced this wierd shit either..

few months ago after smoking a few grams of changa, I too had this mad mechanical/ industrial/ frequency glitch in my ear. like digital white noise.

i must say i had previously perforrated one of my eardrums and had put it down to that but after my brother and his mate also had the same thing happen to them, i now belive that it was something to do with the dmt and the frequencies we were connecting with..

#4 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

Auditory hallucinations are pretty common with DMT, grinding, machine noise, high pitch sounds etc, so your not alone there ellis dee.

I have had pretty consistent odd thrumming sensations and vibration-like sounds in my ears under high doses of LSD (8-10 hit range). Sometimes I hear odd stuff on mushrooms too, but I have to take a lot to get to that place, and its been a while.

Remember these substances are called hallucinogens for a reason, they change your perception, and that can include you auditory sense. I guess that you could have some odd muscle spasm somewhere in your ear. Thats what it felt like when I was on a lot of acid and that happened to me. Well, to be honest I was so high that a lot of the muscles my body were spasming, but I distinctly felt like my eardrum was twitching.

Strange stuff! I dont think that it will harm you or do any permanent damage, and I hope that you can find an easier relationship with this cool life form. :weedpoke:

:pirate: TR

#5 franky

franky

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:00 AM

I've had things I don't understand happen while on cubes; something I can only describe as "brain pains". It happens at that moment where you realize something in an entirely new way, that you have never understood before, or have never even thought of. It's almost like a single pound from an intense migraine that washes over my brain, paving way for this new and exciting thought. I'm not sure that's the feeling you have, but for me it also seems to bring with it a noise of some kind, something indescribable, like a noise I never heard (if that makes sense?).

As far as the intensity of your trip, that happens with tea. I used to dose regularly with 3.5-5g, and enjoyed the trips. One time, though, instead of eating the shrooms, I blended them into a citrus drink consumed them that way. It was like the nervousness of adderall or a high dose of caffeine, where you think you're in trouble but you don't know why. Like being strapped to the front of a train during your trip, instead of a nice leisurely stroll.

To make 'em less intense in the future, just eat them instead of tea; that's always been true for me, anyway.

Good luck! I hope this trip didn't turn you off of 'em.

#6 Akari

Akari

A Fucking Sorcerer

• OG VIP
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 11:06 AM

I just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this.

I've only dabbled with low doses of cubes over the years, usually no more than 1.7g and sometimes get a flutter of my eardrums that's a little weird.

Last night I decided to take a 2g PF Classic tea and had a very weird and uncomfortable time. First of all it felt more intense that I'd ever experienced (as expected) but I also found myself fighting it because it was uncomfortable. My eardrums started doing their flutter thing and I kept getting a really loud sound that I can only describe as a loud "snap", almost the same as the sound at 1:16, 1:30 and so on in the Shpongle song "Shpongle Falls".

[Direct Link]

It feels like it goes right through my head, penetrating my brain and is close to feeling painful I suppose.

The feeling was disconcerting, like a vacuum was forming outside my ears similar to when hitting a tunnel on a train. Again, because I didn't like the feeling I was fighting instead of letting myself go.

Over the last 6 months, I've taken 18 month old P. galindoi fresh stones (5g) twice and although the body load is massive, the feeling mentally is smooth as silk. These PFC seem to be rough around the edges?

I have to say, it was the worst experience I've had am struggling to work out what was different this time around.

Do any of you guys have similar feelings in your ears?

HEH HEH HEH HEH HEH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Shpongle Falls....
I remember the first time I heard Shpongle Falls on 5 grams of mushrooms...
I couldn't tell what was Shpongle, and what was my imagination.

Are You Shpongle is the reason for your disconcerting feeling.
It seems to capture the mystery and fear of synesthesia.

#7 cym

cym

Forming Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

One time, though, instead of eating the shrooms, I blended them into a citrus drink consumed them that way. It was like the nervousness of adderall or a high dose of caffeine, where you think you're in trouble but you don't know why.

ive had that happen a few times too.
i dont think anyone enjoys the "impending doom" feeling.:lol:

#8 PVestlandia

PVestlandia

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 02:52 PM

I have very often experienced strange sounds inside my head while
tripping, but usually on low to medium doses. To me it is like a very
wobbly sort of slap echo going through my head.
When I do higher doses, I also hear this lip-smack sound like a kiss
when I break through the veil, so to speak.
I like these effects. :D

#9 firebeard1982

firebeard1982

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:10 PM

if this is in the first two hours of the trip its most likely the over welming feeling often making one feel like this is to much which can put you in a bad trip. It took me a long time to learn how to deal with this but found letting go is important the best way to do that is to keep the mind busy, draw, play games, think of great moments in your life & do your best to interact with the trip this will put you in a great mind set giving you a wonderful & profound experience.

#10 Coopdog

Coopdog

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,025 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:35 PM

I find they are different every time I do them. Sometimes My spirit accepts the medicine and sometimes I am stuck in my body feelin uncomfortable til it relaxes 90 minutes or so in for me.

Peace...

#11 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 12:28 AM

Thanks for the replies fellas, I think you're correct about the "impending doom" feeling - initially I thought the intensity was going to become quite extreme and started to have doubts as to what I'd done. Then I guess I entered thought loops of wanting the experience to end and to fight because something didn't feel right. I considered purging but realized there was no point as I'd already absorbed.

You live and learn I guess. As I said though, the feeling was very different to the P. galindoi experience, man those truffles are smooth.

The pressure feeling in my ears, the occasional loud snap sound (for want of a better description) and the feeling of trouble building, coupled with the sense of "oh my God, what have I done?" made for an uncomfortable couple of hours.

The funny thing was, I found I was able to fight the feeling and feel sober, something I've never tried before. It was also very short lived. From ingestion to effect was about 1 hour, and from effect beginning to ending was about 2 hours. Pupillary dilation remained for 3 hours, but normality had returned.

It has me wondering whether I really want to see what a true psychedelic experience is all about. I think I felt frustrated more than anything - anxious with no real psychedelic effects?

#12 firebeard1982

firebeard1982

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 08:25 AM

Ime when you fight it it fights back.

#13 Hookey

Hookey

JokerBall

• Expired Member
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 October 2010 - 02:59 PM

Honestly, Mushrooms is the ONLY thing that will give me intense audio hallucinations. Usually when I eat about 3.5-5 grams it gets VERY overwhelming and VERY intesne. It usually happens out of no where, im chillin or talkin to a buddy and all of the sudden BUUUZZZZZZZZZ and I cant hear anything. Once it starts it will usually last for about half an hour. And at this time bust out in a hard sweat and I have to take a seat because I know the ride is about to begin. IMO This is the thing I hate the most about mushrooms. After I got the BUZZ feeling about 5 or 6 times in a row I decided that eatting over an 8th is not enjoyable. It has been a very long time since I attempted to eat more than 3.5, and I am considering trying again.

I have also heard instances of eatting brownies with a VERY high THC content and people having audio hallucinations that are to the extreme.

p.s. Dont give up! A true psychedelic experience will define you. Just learn to ride the wave!

#14 Getitosis

Getitosis

fallible learner

• Expired Member
  • 422 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:04 AM

ive experienced many "sweeps" of sounds including echoes on shrooms.

in the secret space on shrooms ive heard what must be violent torment if it had a sound, and in the same token what the sound of joyous eternity must be.

i've also heard thunders and many waters rushing.

most times when i've been to this state of hearing such things it was more like hearing, feeling, seeing with eyes closed, smelling, and tasting what abstract thoughts must sound like. if that makes any sense. im sure someone can relate.

#15 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:23 AM

After I got the BUZZ feeling about 5 or 6 times in a row I decided that eatting over an 8th is not enjoyable.

p.s. Dont give up! A true psychedelic experience will define you. Just learn to ride the wave!

It sounds like you know EXACTLY what I was talking about. I'm sure I'll take the plunge again one day, but perhaps I'll just stick to the stones and give up on cubes. I've got a natural P. subaeruginosa patch in my garden too, but after my recent experience with cubes, am very hesitant to touch them.

#16 ethnobotanica

ethnobotanica

Botanical-manical

• Free Member
  • 1,827 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

Ime when you fight it it fights back.

I have a similiar perspective. maybe the mushroom is "pushing" at some blockages you may have. ie. letting go into the experience.

I sometimes think that might be reason that dmt always has some sort of sound, because its "rips" the "fabric of reality" so quickly and radically. It doesnt really give to you time to fight it.:)

Its like what Cym is saying about sweeping filters, these are used in music to lead up to and mark in the entry into the next "phase" of a track, often smashing into a radically different "dimension".;)

As long as you aren't getting strange pains in your head when you are sober (see a doctor), then I would take it as something the mushroom is trying to show you.

You might want to try a little dietary monitoring for the day before you trip, maybe try and eat only light, healthy, natural foods...and maybe a bigger dose.;)

I love my ears and all the pleasures they bring me, Ive always quite liked the thrills and chills they've brought me whilst trippin', ....even when it scared me shitless.:) ...apart from the rumble of a ketamin re-entry, didnt like that at all.:/ ketamin=bad (for me anyway).

For me one of the best drugs for auditory joy is nitrous. I had some with 2cb one time and i nearly popped with joy as all the sound became electric and went around the room then towards me and into my right ear then out the other ear and round the room again and back through my head again!:) The 2cb added a fractilline visual to match all this, it was a "mist" of crystals that made up the sound. I must say, it was very awesome indeed.

Anyway, hope you have a more enjoyable experience when you next trip my friend.

Peace:rasta:

#17 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 05:50 AM

I had that flutter going like the clappers on an acid trip, it tickled and made me laugh and smile like anything, the more I laughed and smiled the faster and louder it went. That snap happens to me everynight. It has something to do with your third eye awakenning and also your Pineal gland booting up for dreaming and also your energy body dislodging from its usual locked in position.Snaaaaap!!! Like a twig breaking right in the middle of my brain but also felt throughout my body. Sound familiar? Dont worry about the fluttering, laugh about how it tickles, nothing is going to go wrong except all that can happen is that it could go on for the whole trip which could get bit annoying, it is one strange feeling tho, like eardrums have a mind of thier own and are clapping extremely fast, maybe put in earplugs.God that would would suck if it happened everytime tho.Interesting occurence you have brought up.

#18 PVestlandia

PVestlandia

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:17 AM

Initially when going for larger doses, I easily got that second thought,
"why did I do this?" followed by a fear of what might happen next.
After some trips in this fashion I have started thinking more like
"Come on, get me, I know you're hiding around here somewhere!" :meditate:

#19 mate0x

mate0x

st0ned

• OG VIP
  • 4,601 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:29 AM

The pressure in your ears may be caused by your eustachian tubes, either closing or being clogged. Maybe the cubes give you some histamine response and they fill with mucus? Ever get cold symptoms on shrooms? Just guessing and speculating but something to think about.

One of mine closed one night while I was sleeping, I had a bad head cold, woke up to my ear drum breaking. Pretty uncomfortable(I was crying in pain); stuff leaking out of my ear for 3-4 days.

#20 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 12:19 AM

The pressure in your ears may be caused by your eustachian tubes, either closing or being clogged. Maybe the cubes give you some histamine response and they fill with mucus? Ever get cold symptoms on shrooms? Just guessing and speculating but something to think about.

One of mine closed one night while I was sleeping, I had a bad head cold, woke up to my ear drum breaking. Pretty uncomfortable(I was crying in pain); stuff leaking out of my ear for 3-4 days.

Aww man that sucks balls! I got that when I was I kid, my eardrum burst and yellow fluid leaked all over my pillow for weeks, I lost all my balance and couldnt walk straight, I would have to hold the walls and even still slid up and down them. Yeah its painful alright.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cubensis, feeling, uncomfortable

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!