30 replies to this topic

#21 pharmer

pharmer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,415 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

Perhaps the unpleasant thoughts you are having are just a natural anxiety from doing this for a first time. The first time I jumped out of an airplane I was rather anxious!

Now that you know you can dose and survive the experience you can un-tighten your sphincter and relax into the experience knowing nothing bad is going to happen.

It's supposed to be fun, yo!

#22 mushmind

mushmind

campus radical

• Expired Member
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

I have lots of auditory hallucinations and some may not be hallucinations but sounds from somewhere else. I've heard electric music on several occassions that had to be from another world because I doubt i made it up. On lucy and shrooms i've heard popping noises and some times I would hear some dramatic distortions of real sounds. Like a nearby train that I hear coming from a long ways off. It won't sound like a train until it gets closer and more distinct. It will sound very dramatic and mysterious.

#23 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:14 AM

Hmmm... maybe I'll give them another go in a few weeks time. This time I'll get a mate onboard instead of flying solo.

#24 -=Zeus=-

-=Zeus=-

-= Still Kickin =-

• OG VIP
  • 1,937 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 December 2010 - 12:58 AM

The pressure in your ears may be caused by your eustachian tubes, either closing or being clogged. Maybe the cubes give you some histamine response and they fill with mucus? Ever get cold symptoms on shrooms? Just guessing and speculating but something to think about.

One of mine closed one night while I was sleeping, I had a bad head cold, woke up to my ear drum breaking. Pretty uncomfortable(I was crying in pain); stuff leaking out of my ear for 3-4 days.

Bingo! At least in my case, be it L or booms, the first sensation I always experience is from a histamine reaction I've always gotten while tripping. I feel my sinuses filling up, nose gets very stuffy, and I've also experienced ear-popping or clicking, not unlike what you'd get driving down a mountain from a higher altitude. If my histamine reaction comes on fast and strong, I learned to buckle up and hang on for the ride!

Aside from that, I have lots of audibles while tripping, but mostly a harmonious high-pitched ringing, but not like usual ringing.

Peace...Z

#25 Purple Mushroom Tip

Purple Mushroom Tip

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 686 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 01:17 AM

Thanks for the replies fellas, I think you're correct about the "impending doom" feeling - initially I thought the intensity was going to become quite extreme and started to have doubts as to what I'd done. Then I guess I entered thought loops of wanting the experience to end and to fight because something didn't feel right. I considered purging but realized there was no point as I'd already absorbed.

Pretty much describes a recent experience I've had. Not really scary or anything but just uncomfortable and It wasn't enjoyable just had to ride it out.

#26 Professor Psilocybe

Professor Psilocybe

Mad Professor

• Expired Member
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:16 AM

Unlucky man, doesn't sound very pleasant.

Never had the buzzing, popping or snapping sounds myself but I did have a pretty awesome experience one time. I must've took about 6 dry grams and had the most visual trip of my life.. snake-like movements on the carpet, faces in the clouds (and everywhere), a giant blue lattice type structure for a few mins in the top corner of the room... And Music in my head. Weird music ulike anything i've heard again. If I were to try and humm it it would go like "boo-beee-booow... boo-bee-booo-beee-boooooo" Rubbish explanation I know but I loved how it was playing inside my head :D

#27 stonedcoder

stonedcoder

table for 2 @ RATEOTU

• Expired Member
  • 517 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 10:15 AM

Borders,

I too have had this fluttering in my ears with psilly... but only on the come-up or when I have only taken a small amount, at 1.7g i would almost expect it, going a little bit beyond the 1.7 - into the 3g range makes it completely go away ...

But I know exactly what your talking about - and it is annoying as fuck ...especially when people are talking to you ...and their voice wobbles with the fluttering ...for me it feels physical and not at all like a auditory hallucination, but maybe that's just a trick of the mind.

I guess it all depends on your goal - I'm not one for threshold doses - I prefer to break through or not participate...

#28 Boarders

Boarders

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 12:09 AM

Sadly this has always been my experience with psilocybin. Nothing's changed over the years :(

#29 August West

August West

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 3,150 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:57 AM

It's supposed to be fun, yo!

I've had plenty of, 'not fun'. In fact, if my experiences had an overarching theme, it may be this (anyone who pays attention to my posts is probably not surprised by this :tinfoil:  :ohmy:  :unsure:  :confused: )

[Direct Link]

I think it's wise to go in with caution and reservation. To loosely quote McKenna (whom I don't always find useful), 'Being afraid is how you know it's a real experience'.

#30 gatekeeper

gatekeeper

Smoke Drifter

• Expired Member
  • 244 posts

Donator

Posted 06 October 2016 - 05:34 AM

Had a bad trip once and heard a high pitched buzz, since then I've heard that high pitched buzz on two trips and I've had to seriously distract myself so I didn't start freaking out. never heard the snapping noise you mentioned, but persistent auditory hallucinations yes. On a side note Shpongle..... I'm cautious about. Sometime that music takes a trip on some crazy turns sometimes it helps quite a bit. Depends on the album.

#31 SteampunkScientist

SteampunkScientist

Distinguished Mad Scientist

• OG VIP
  • 2,395 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

Wow! The auditory hallucinations for me are sort of the reverse, everything gets super quiet... almost an echo of silence that's so still that each sound is like a solid thing.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!