• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hi everybody. I just wanted to share some pictures of the first flush of my psilocybes cyanescens this year. This is already the second season for this patch and it is doing quite well.
Thank you to all the contributors of this very useful and cool site, especially Waylitjim, from whom I learned a lot about the woodlovers, and Hippy3, to whose memory I feel very grateful.
(sorry for the possible grammar mistakes)

Attached Thumbnails

• 270_4cb728cc09782.png
  • 270_4cb7283984b73.png
  • 270_4cb7286f16b8d.png
  • 270_4cb728bfe43ce.png

• teesus, Arathu, TurkeyRanch and 2 others like this

#2 Sidestreet

Sidestreet

May your tracks be lost...

• App Administrator
  • 7,337 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 04:59 AM

Sorry GMason, I don't see any pictures.

#3 teesus

teesus

numb

• Free Member
  • 1,160 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:16 AM

i can see them. nice one!

#4 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:41 AM

Sorry GMason, I don't see any pictures.

They are attached as thumbnails.

#5 roc

roc

Forum International Moderator

• 6,875 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:50 AM

Pictures are showing up fine for me... could someone move this to the International Forum?
  • TurkeyRanch likes this

#6 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,175 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 15 October 2010 - 11:52 AM

Wavy Caps amongst the strawberries ! Strange fruits ... :rasta:

Excellent job. -World-Wide-Woodlovers-

#7 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

Thank you for the nice words.

Second harvest now. They seem to have enjoyed the last rain. When I harvested those, I spotted many small pins around. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Attached Thumbnails

• 2ndcyans3.png
  • 2ndcyans4.png
  • 2ndcyans2.png
  • 2ndcyans1.png

• TurkeyRanch, Microbe and Heirloom Spores like this

#8 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:45 AM

I thought you might enjoy as much as I did the wonderful harvest of this year. I harvested 1-2 times a week from mid October up to now (early December). It is still the same bed location although the cyans had to be replanted in 2012 as they had died from starvation. Nature has been very, very generous. 

IMG_1554.JPG

IMG_1555.JPG

IMG_1556.JPG

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1558.JPG

IMG_1560.JPG

IMG_1564.JPG

• roc, Arathu, TurkeyRanch and 1 other like this

#9 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:51 AM

I did some spore prints to spread the magic.

IMG_1566.JPG

Here are some more images.

IMG_1568.JPG

IMG_1569.JPG

IMG_1570.JPG

IMG_1571.JPG

IMG_1573.JPG

IMG_1574.JPG

IMG_1575.JPG

IMG_1576.JPG

• Grey_Being, TurkeyRanch, Viridis420 and 1 other like this

#10 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 3,442 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2014 - 03:00 PM

Beautiful! :thumbs_up:

#11 TurkeyRanch

TurkeyRanch

Dancin' Deviant

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 5,930 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Good job, thanks for sharing with us!

Moved to Forum International.
  • roc likes this

#12 Grey_Being

Grey_Being

Fungologist

• Expired Member
  • 49 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 07:31 PM

Very Nice Gmason, 

They are a wonderful species and I am absolutely in love with them  :wub:  That just sparked an interesting concept. Ill bet if you cover that patch with a small amount of soil and let the strawberries encroach and over take them, the fruits will grow larger and longer to emerge above them to get above the plants to spore. I see this in wild patches in the forest in the PNW USA. They are always much larger than woodchip bed varieties. I am going to try covering the beds with a nice layer of soil and planting some native groundcover plants I find in the wild patches and test it out this coming year. Any how  very nice  :victorious:

• Arathu likes this

#13 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 05:31 AM

This is exactly what is happening: during the summer, the patch is covered by some strawberries. 

Edited by GMason, 08 December 2014 - 05:31 AM.

• TurkeyRanch likes this

#14 konrad

konrad

Mycophiliac

• Free Member
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 04:35 PM

nice cyans you have there! congratulations!

i have also made three patches this year, two in august and one a bit later.

hope for a fruiting in next fall

#15 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:21 AM

Hi G Mason, mjshroomer here about cyans in Suisse.  

My good friend Dr. Tjakko Stijve of Nestles in Vevey, Suisse wrote a paper for the BSM journal hat is published in three languages.  He found some in downtown Zurich or in Vevey,   Cannot recall where but he used a photo of mine for his short article. I will see if I have a scanned copy and if not I will scan one as I have a whole ten pound terrarium of all of Tjakko Stijve's academic papers and journal articles in my home..  Probably the largest single collection of his major contributions to ethnomycology and his major psilocybine papers as well as his papers on edibles and his primary research on race elements in Fungi after Chernobyl.  He did a lot of paper on toxins in mushrooms.  Nestles, although it is not mentioned much,, was interested in making a head-ache pill when word of the magi spirits of the shrooms became known to the world after Wasson in 1955 and Leary in 1960 both consumed Psilocybe cubensis and shared their experiences with the world.

Two Images of Stijve's shrooms in downtown Vevey.  For those of you who are not aware, Dr. Tjakko Stijve was Nestles Head Chemist with an interest in Psilocybe mushrooms and in the 1950s and 1960s, Nestles and Sandoz were in competition with one another over psychoactive plants and their chemistry.  Drs. Stijve and Meijer discovered 5 species of psilocybian fungi in the rain forest in Brazil and also did a comparative analysis of my collections of Copelandia species from Hawaii and Thailand with those of Australia.  The Hawaiian Copes were high in psilocybine and low in psilocine while the Thai and Australian Copelandia cyanescens were high in psilocine and low in psilocybine.  Possibly the potent Hawaiian blue meanies may have been a tad more potent than the Aussie and Thai because of the volcanic soil in Hawaii may have affected the tryptamines .  Let me see if I can find the images.  Well here are two from Stijve found downtown in Vevey.  These are from 2008.

Now here is one of my photos that Tjakko use for an article, I cannot see to well and this is my photo in Tjakko's paper in Switzerland.  Not sure what the article is about without the title of the article.  Will look for other paper with downtown image and some snow.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1p_cyanescens_vevey_12-2008-1abc.jpg
  • 2p_cyanescens_vevey_12-2008-2abc.jpg
  • BSM2-2005-number83-p68-2.jpg

Edited by mjshroomer, 09 December 2014 - 08:28 AM.

• Grey_Being, Heirloom Spores and Viridis420 like this

#16 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:52 AM

Here are two images of my Stijve articles and dozens of raunchy French post cards of the roaring 20s and lots of photos of mushroom markets in Europe that sell in public markets or food fairs, etc.  There are also five folders in my file cabinets which are of our work together over the years.  One season, Dr. Stijve paid me $3.00 dollars a baggie for animal manure from every where I visited;.  I mailed him packages from Thailand with 350 baggies of all kinds of wild animal manure including tiger and rhino dung. goat gaur, buffalo, two varieties in Thailand B. Bubalus and B. arnee in Vietnam, elephant, sheep, camel, orangutan, horse, cow, and other wild or feral four-legged ruminants.  That was an interesting experience.  One Thai woman . he Always posts pictures of Marilyn Monroe and other European female body stamps on his mail and all kinds of cur out image  started to laugh out loud about me picking pieces of cow dung from their land.  She yell to her neighbors saying, "Looky that Farang, he picka da shit from the Kwai and Wua. yes he picka da shit.  Looky he  putting poopoo in baggies.  Why he doing that?" and she continued to laugh at me collection dung. Again she yell our loud, "Eh, Why he doing dat?" 

Was very funny. The collections of Tjakko's works The Terrarium and the folders under that terrarium. The other shows some of the hand made x-mas shroom cards Tjakko' wife makes every year for all their friends.  I have a collection of his cards dating from 1990 to present.  And he always put postcards into his mail to me of girls and odd French and Dutch cool images.  and he writes the pertinent data I need on certain Chemical analysis he did for me and Mark D. Merlin.  So I show an image of some of his mailings to me on top of the terrarium filed with hi literature.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN9570abcshroom-papers.jpg
  • DSCN9541.JPG
  • DSCN9542.JPG

• Grey_Being likes this

#17 mjshroomer

mjshroomer

Mycotopiate

• OG VIP
  • 2,332 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:58 AM

Here is the article on the presence of Psilocybe cyanescens in Downtown Vevey, Suisse on Lake Geneva.  And a personal letter to me about the discovery Dr. Stijve made.  This is in 2005. 

Attached Thumbnails

• cyans_in_Swiss1_stijve_abc.jpg
  • cyans_in_Swiss2_stijve_abc.jpg

#18 GMason

GMason

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 11:30 PM

Very interresting. I live very close to Vevey.

#19 lonewolf

lonewolf

Mycotopiate

• Banned Member
  • 245 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

i want those on background so bad

#20 plessis

plessis

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 16 posts

Donator

Posted 26 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

This is exactly what is happening: during the summer, the patch is covered by some strawberries.

this year i had a patch which was covered by Tropaeolum majus and in november some cyanescens pins came.
I live in france in an oceanic climate.

• -=Zeus=- likes this

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!