Firstly I would like to share a document on treatment of bacteria in an aqueous solution using electrolisis.
Here are pictures from my experiment where I took a piece of Mushroom Mycelium which was mostly overtaken by Trichoderma fungus and exposed it to ten minutes of Twelve volts of electricity in shallow water.As you can see, the Trichoderma has died as well as its spores and the Mushroom mycelium has survived and re-emerged. The Piece of treated Mycelium was placed on a plate of Maize flour paste it has been five days now and the plate has been exposed to air a number of times and although the Maize paste has accumulated some new occurrences of Trichoderma and red mold, these contaminations have not come from the killed off piece of Trichoderma infested Mushroom Mycelium but from air exposure of the Maize paste.
1 Trichoderma contaminated Mycelium directly after ten minutes of 12 volt treatment in H2o.jpg
2 Directly after shock treatment the specimen has been embeded in Maize flour.jpg
3 One day after placing in Maize flour specimen has sunken into substrate due to excess moisture.jpg
4 Three days in Maize flour.jpg
5 Mycelium growing out from under Dead Trichoderma 22 Oct 4 days since embeding in Maize flour.jpg
6 Showing that the green coloring is not caused by electrolisis of the terminals.jpg
7 Five days Healthy Mycelium growing from under dead Trich as well as new airborne contaminants .jpg
Edited by Justincase, 23 October 2010 - 01:35 PM.