Paradox
©
Fisana

Photo
- - - - -

Killing Trichoderma with Electrolisis. A short journal plus homemade device.

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#21 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:41 PM

They did read your posts and thread and the details. Accept what they are saying and go about proving them wrong with more sterile or clean laboratory work.

We've all looked at the photos, they are just giving you feedback.

Edited by Freaky, 24 October 2010 - 11:09 PM.

#22 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 11:50 PM

They did read your posts and thread and the details. Accept what they are saying and go about proving them wrong with more sterile or clean laboratory work.

We've all looked at the photos, they are just giving you feedback.

Sure, I have allot on ATM so I wanted to make this quick. My idea was that by comparing contam growth time to the Mycelium would result in an educated conclusion. I believe the contams actually help. You know if I had it growing on a sterlie agar plate the next thing I would get would be " Oh man, nah thats Cobweb for sure." I had to take the lid off the plate to take the pics so I dont see how I can keep it sterile. And yea there is an extra yellow slimy contam on there so I guess TV got them all plus theres a new purple one today. I just dont understand why they cant accept what I am saying .I took the plate outside last night and just photographed it on my back lawn (Standing downwind).You can see the mycelium is now growing through the dead Trichoderma and also has the appearance of running right over the top of the new contams but that is something I will not state as fact and will not see out as I have sprinkled Cinnamon powder over the contams to use as an experiment to do with my other cinnamon thread. I will do my best to move this Mycelium to a new sterile dish, I could have just passed a new 12 volt charge through it but I am unaware if that charge would kill the red mould and personally dont want to funk with it anymore. I think I will electrolise the Mycelium again and transfer it to a new plate.Incidentally the Maize paste petri was not electrolised or pressure cooked.

Attached Thumbnails

• Seventh day, cinnamon sprinkled on contams..jpg
  • Last pic Seventh day.jpg

Edited by Justincase, 25 October 2010 - 05:04 AM.
Corrected , was indeed 12 volts battery used.

#23 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:08 AM

Okay I totally understand the inconsistensy here. I will separate the Centre piece of dead trich and myc, treat it with electrolysis and move it to a sterile medium . Thanks for your patience.

#24 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• Expired Member
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

i just ended up picking up a crappy old bread box like this one at a garage sale and foiled the inside. you could probally use whatever you can find but have it atleast 1 cubic foot. go to a pond supply store or countryside flower or garden store and you should be able to find a bulb there. they area little pricy but worth it. you want one thats atleast 40W or better. outfit the box with a small cpu fan to circulate the air and cool the bulb off. i had a local sylvania lights store that i picked up the socket and ballast for. ill have to look at mine later but if you ask nice they will probally be bore than happy to tell you the right one to use. just put it all togather and toss in the contaminated bits for about 6-8hr. i mostly use it ti steralize tools and syringes instead of PC'ing them. all other parts can be picked up at a radio shack.

Posted Image

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item43a2473780

#25 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:06 AM

Thanks D.S good one, very helpful, am wondering what you run your cpu fan off but guess I can look into it . Thanks for contributing.

#26 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• Expired Member
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:08 AM

Thanks D.S good one, very helpful, am wondering what you run your cpu fan off but guess I can look into it . Thanks for contributing.

you can run it on a 9V or get a little 9v transformer from radio shack and wire that into the box so it runs off the same supply as the light.
  • Justincase likes this

#27 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:12 AM

Okay this is going to spin you out a bit. Have a good read. The only difference is that I immersed the specimen in water and didn't add salt.Look at how many Bacteria and fungal it kills including Trichoderma. Also copy and paste the highlighted line below and search it, you will find a bucket load of scientific papers exhibiting information about this.All Scientific papers.

In vitrio fungicidal activity of acidic electrolyzed oxidating water

http://apsjournals.a...S.2002.86.3.278

#28 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:15 AM

you can run it on a 9V or get a little 9v transformer from radio shack and wire that into the box so it runs off the same supply as the light.

Awesome, please excuse my ignorance but I'm guessing a cpu is the one you get out of old PC towers? Thanks again

#29 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Okay so I treated the Myc/Dead Trich again and it is in a small sterilized jar containing 2 centimetres of maize flour paste. During my last treatment of this speciman I used the drill battery shown in the pic. It wasnt fully charged. This time I charged it for half an hr, so it quite possibly fried the Mycelium this time. I really should have used a six volt torch battery. We shall see if it survives. The first treatment was in the plastic cup on top of an ultrasonic jewelery cleaner to enhance water current dispersion via vibration for five minutes .I also gave it treatment in a metal nip cup just to be sure there was a full absorbsion of the electrical current by the water, I found that there was no heating of the cup so long as the electrode on the outside had firm touch to the cup and didnt come into contact with any water as well as the electrode inside the cup not coming into contact with the inner surface. The specimen certainly looks a little worse for wear after going through hell and high water but I believe it will revive again.

Note; One of the pics below shows the underside of the Trich which I believe to be dead, it seems there has been no spreading of the Trichoderma on the underside of the new Mycelium.Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

• Treating in metal cup for two extra minutes.jpg
  • Treating Specimen to voltage in tapwater for ten minutes.jpg
  • Ten minutes treatment 2nd view.jpg
  • Underside of Myc Specimen dark patch of dead Trich with traces of dirt attached Notice no growth.jpg
  • 1 Top side of Myc plus dead trich specimen after rinsing off Maize flour.jpg

Edited by Justincase, 25 October 2010 - 10:21 AM.

#30 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 12:15 AM

Just to update, The speciman of Mycelium which was Trich infested and treated to electrolisis has made it through and today has started growing new Mycelium filaments. I cant say for sure if no contams got into the jar it is now housed in but if they do show up I plan to make electrolised water as described in the link above to treat it with.Thanks

#31 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:24 AM

Speciman.... good spelling that.
Anyway, since this page is a bit of a shambles now I feel that a negative charge has been infused into it but will do my best to see it out.

I wasnt happy with my electrodes so I looked around for the best non shedding conductor I could find ( a substance that doesn't emit nano particulate). I found one that holds no resistance to electrical current that sheds no particles and is very cheap and in most households and that is the lead pencil, it crossed my mind to leave it at that and watch the hysteria and dramatics unfold for a laugh but I will go ahead and tell anyone reading this that lead pencils are actually not made of lead but are made of Grafite mixed with clay which are both safe organic substances, perfect conductors, do not corrode or shed particles. Also easily obtainable for use as electrodes in vitrio by shaving the wood from a pencil, stone masons or carpenters pencils are perfect as the grafite is wide, flat and square. The electrodes in the isolation device I designed will have the grafite from usual thin round pencil shafts incorporated into the design instead of the makeshift wires you can see in the pics. Then it will merely be a matter of placing the outer casing over a contaminant, pushing it into the substrate a little way, using a syringe to shoot a little salt water into the casing and lowering the live electrodes mounted on the inside of the modified syringe into the saline tap water which will produce an electro chemical reaction and kill the Contaminant cells via oxidation in a matter of four to twenty seconds and also leave behind a powerful antibacterial/ fungicidal chemical that is non toxic to finish up the job. Otherwise we may get to the point here where it is easier to make up this chemical with the water/salt , two grafite electrodes, a torch battery and an aquarium test kit for PH and simply mist it over subs to kill all contams .If you took the time to analyse the link I left above you will know what is being said here. I dont see why this wont work since my mycelium specimen survived around nine volt electrolysis on two occasions and seems to be faster growing than ever before. This paper below may explain why, although these tests werent carried out in vitrio as with my own and at a much lower voltage.It may explain fast growth of mycelium exposed to electrically static environment. I hope you find it interesting. Thanks

Attached Files

Edited by Justincase, 26 October 2010 - 01:03 PM.

#32 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

Just a quick note to say, am working on the intricacies of making this water in the correct measurements. Will update soon.

#33 Erkee

Erkee

Trolls'R'us

• Expired Member
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:30 AM

Nice stuff

!!!

#34 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

Nice stuff

!!!

Thanks Erkee, it's going to take a little longer than I expected to sus this electro chemically activated water, if it doesnt kill mycelium its going to kick ass, there are three different types of chemicals one can make from the same ingredients, those created close to the negative electrode, those created next to the positive electrode and also a mixture of the two.Will be testing them and seeing it through.

But on another note the mycelium I treated to kill the Trich is growing but yet still not thick enough to photograph, the jar I put it into makes it quite hard to get a clear shot also, will have to allow it to thicken up.

I found the explanation for what I treated the Trich infested Mycelium specimen to; it is called Electroporation. This is a process that applies a low-level electrical field to bacteria or viruses. This electrical charge creates holes or “pores” in the membrane of the cell, which breaks down the walls of the bacterial cells and kills them. Although the Trich is a fungi, I believe the cells/spores were killed in the same way described above.

The plate I had which was covered in contams which I sprinkled cinnamon over has grown new mycelium which was left behind when I transferred the Mycelium from the plate to be re-treated with Electrolisis in vitro. It is growing out across the surface of the cinnamon and is unmistakably Mushroom mycelium. There are no signs of the cinnamon covered contams emerging through the coating.Pics will be up on my cinnamon thread tomorrow.Thanks

#35 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

These are pics of the petri plate which had contams, the Dead trich was removed and placed in a sterile jar. The petri plate was sprinkeld with cinnamon and there are no signs of the contams although Mushroom Mycelium has regrown from where it was removed and is growing over the top of the cinnamon.

The jar has regrown Mycelium which is not bright white as Trichoderma as well as the plate, there seems to be a contam of a different kind in the jar but that is of no consequence. It is still proof that this was Mushroom Mycelium re-growth after electroporation of the Trichoderma. The Mycelium growing on the Cinnamon is very robust which tells me it is a good food for the Myc although I do wonder if it would be able to grow through the cinnamon from beneath if it was completely covered.

I have to apologise for being "Rude" to Doc.H but to assume is to pollute the truth.

Attached Thumbnails

• Cinnamon 2.jpg
  • Jar.jpg
  • Jar 2.jpg
  • Cinnamon.jpg

• shroom_seeker likes this

#36 hyphaenation

hyphaenation

Former Staff

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 13,199 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 28 October 2010 - 11:44 PM

I would concur , that does look like healthy psilocybe mycelium in those plates. Very cool to see it colonizing the cinnamon.

#37 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:23 AM

I would concur , that does look like healthy psilocybe mycelium in those plates. Very cool to see it colonizing the cinnamon.

Glad you can see it too Hyphenation. My camera is wack and doesnt do things justice sometimes. Thanks for taking the time to review.Cheers.

#38 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 12:59 AM

Dont know if Electrochemically activated water is harmfull to mushroom mycelium so have to spend time sussing it. Wont be around for a while.

#39 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 06:35 AM

The pic of the mycelium eating the cinnamon is super cool.

When you get the time keep us updated on this work.

#40 Justincase

Justincase

Totally Noob!

• Expired Member
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 07:47 AM

The pic of the mycelium eating the cinnamon is super cool.

When you get the time keep us updated on this work.

Thanks Freaky

Will put it up on my Cinnamon thread as it develops, I am expecting it will cover the Cinnamon and then fall back to contam attack as the cinnamon will not be a protective surface anymore, the Cinnamon is made of bark as you know. Will show if the contams underneath survive. The Cinnamon was only sprinkled lightly enough just to cover the contaminated surface.

I am really glad you folks can see that this is real Mushroom Mycelium as it proves that the Electrolysed specimen survived.

I havent had a comment on the transferred piece in the jar but yes there is no Trich growing from the electrolysed Trich Specimen.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!