ok let's see here, i just went through all the photos and tried to remember what is what ;)
so i made some fancy lids with 4 high temp RTV
silicone self-healing injection ports
, and a double-washer micropore tape FAE
hole in the center :rasta: -- sort of modified BB lid tek, he uses tyvek but i used micropore instead. and the holes are different size i think.
1. punch 5 holes w/ nail and hammer, wiggle nail in hole to widen holes slightly
2. drill outer 4 holes to 1/4" diameter (for injection ports - 4 holes means these lids can be used for cakes or grains as desired)
3. drill center hole to 5/16" diameter (for FAE)
4. apply blob of RTV silicone to 4 holes on outside of lid. swirl around to get out any air bubbles. flip lid over and apply another blob on the inner surface of the holes to make complete ports.
5. apply RTV silicone around perimeter of the center hole, add a 1/4" zinc washer, and press slightly to squish out air bubbles. flip lid over and apply another washer on the inner lid surface.
6. allow to set for 24 hours. apply micropore tape to both inner & outer washers. this creates a "dead space" between the two tape layers and is another barrier against contam, it also prevents any fluid from the grains wicking out.
oh, also did some basic polyfil lids (5/16" center hole stuffed w/ poly).
did up a bunch of PCORN (pints & quarts) by turkeyranch's tek, see http://mycotopia.net...-pictorial.html
i let them sit for 4 days (some at incubation temp, some in fridge) to make sure grain texture & sterilization was fine. they still looked good so i decided to inoculate :thumbup:
i also did up 3 LC's:
1. 1 tsp clover honey + 1 tsp light karo + 800mL distilled water (approx measurements)
3. loaded 250mL LC mix into each of 3 pint jars, using lids w/ 2 self healing silicone ports: one for injecting/extracting & one for airport syringe
2. LC's and airport syringes PC'ed at 15 PSI for 30 mins
3. allowed to cool in PC overnight til vacuum seal formed, then airports inserted into 1 port
the store bought oysters were cloned by the peroxide method i mentioned above. here are some pics from that. (i did 1 jar outside GB in open air so i could take pics, and also just to see if i could get a clean jar from it :D)
cap & base chopped off w/ sterilized scalpel
stems put in bowl of H202
outer layer peeled off w/ scalpel (sorry could not get a good pic)
inner tissue removed with scalpel
placed again into H2O2 for a few seconds
some tissue chunks went into grain jars, some went into LCs
the fuzzy myc pics in the post above were 2 days after inoculation.