• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Warren

Warren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:30 AM

Tried making DMT last night and I failed I used the echo tek and all looked good but no crystals ????

You'll need:
50g Mimosa Hostilis Root Bark
75g Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH) also known as Lye
1ltr of water
100ml of Naphtha (1 can of swan lighter fluid)
a large jar (1.5ltr)
a wooden spoon
a small pipette/dropper
a semi deep dish for evaporating.
a pair of rubber gloves (always wear the gloves when working with these chemicals)

This tek is quicker, cheaper and yeilds a cleaner final product.

First measure out 1ltr of water and pour into the jar.

Weigh out 75g of the lye and carefully add it to the water and stir well. This will cause a chemical reaction that produces heat, but it wont get hot enough to cause any problems. When the water turns clear again its time to add the root bark.

Take the 50g of mimosa hostilis and spoon into the basified water one at a time. Sometimes it takes a while to mix it properly and ensure that no clumps are present in the soup. Leave the jar for at least half an hour to react and basify the root bark.

Decant and pour the full 100ml of lighter fluid into the jar. The longer you stir the solution the more alkaloids migrate into it. This is what we want to happen.

When you feel happy enough that you've gave the solution a good mix, leave it to settle (usually takes 5-10 mins.) after that carefully use the dropper to pull as much as the solvent off the top as possible, making sure you dont get a single drop of the basified into the evaporating dish.

Once you have enough solvent in the dish... place it into the freezer, taking care not to spill any of your valuble solvent in the process.
I usually let it precipitate for 2 hours in there or until I see white crystals forming on the bottom and sides of the dish.

Next.. Pour off the solvent into a clean container and cover with either a lid or some cling film if it dosn't have one. Let the solvent come back up to room temp and pour back into the main jar... Stir for another half hour.

By this time the dish should be holding little or no solvent. If the crystals look dry and smell like that uninque tryptamine aroma, then its ready to scrape up and smoke

repeat the stirring, pulling and freezing steps untill you dont get any more crystals. Usually about 4 or 5 times. I get between 1.2 and 1.6 grams of very clean DMT from 50g of root bark.

Remember there is no rush to break through first time, try 30mg and work your way up from there. If its going to happen then it will anyway... Regardless, you will love it!

I tried it i done everything like it said so i poured the lighter fluid back in this morning and going to pull it out again but everytime i see the top layer im mixing it with wooden spoon every couple mins for half hour and then going to leave it for another hour then extract it again.

#2 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 06:50 AM

your gonna have to let it sit in the freezer for atleast 12 hr to get your crystals. try this, put your naptha back in with the bark juice and put that jar into a hot water bath or a crock pot. let it get really warm but of cource not boiling, 100-120*F will be good or as hot as your tap water will go. once it is warm then stir the shit out if it and let it settle several times (3 is usually good enough) pull off your naptha and put your dish in the freezer. in the morning collect your bounty and repeate another 2 times to get it all out. next take your naptha that you used after you freeze out the spice and add about 1/4 cup HEET brand gas treatment (dont worry its just methyl alcohol aka methanol) and shake it up. the bottom layer (the HEET) will be yellowish now so separate that off and evap the HEET (dont use any heat just a fan) to get honeyspice, it looks like honey and smells like tryptamines and roses but its some very special and powerful stuff, use it wisely... i find it takes me farther, faster and longer than snow white spice does. start with only a small drop about the size of a BB.... and good luck man, try a larger scale too 50g of mimosa is a bit small and next time use a 1 to 1 lye/bark you dont need that much base and over basifying can destroy alkaoids. if you still dont get xtals try evaping the naptha half way before you put it in the freezer it should work then. otherwise you got bunk bark or bark with a low alkaloid content.

Edited by director of sound, 14 November 2010 - 06:56 AM.

#3 Warren

Warren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:30 AM

whats heet brand gas treatment ?

#4 Warren

Warren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 07:34 AM

and after it failed yestoday i started doing another tek i broke 4 to 5 hundred grams bark up mixed 200grams NaOH with 2000ml water and poured that all over the bark and left it so been like 12 hours now but if i leave it for 24 then going to pour 250ml of naptha on top.

does this sound good theres so many teks its unreal.

this tek im doing now http://wiki.dmt-nexus.com/Lazyman's_tek

but i got that other bit with the naptha still in jar i leave it for another hour and i warm it up again i reckon it could be low ackloid bark

#5 director of sound

director of sound

every thing is exactally the way it was aways suppose to be!

• OG VIP
  • 1,988 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:11 AM

how fine did you grind your bark? it should be a fairly fine powder. chunks are fine if you are doing an AB but can give bad yields if you do a STB like lazymans. you should be fine with that ratio of bark/lye and a 24 hr wait though. a hot water bath will make all the difference. it will break down the bark better and allow the naptha to hold more spice so you will get better hauls of xtals per each pull. as for HEET look for this stuff in the auto section at a store, they have it at gas stations too usually.

Posted Image

after you get your spice if it is a little (or alot) yellow you can so a simple recrystallization with bestine. get 2 shot glasses or some other small glass container and put your spice in one and some bestine in the other. heat them up in a hot water bath and add the bestine to the spice little by little with a dropper till it all dissolves. there will be some chunky yellow brown goopy gunk on the bottom after that so pour off the clear bestine into another clean container and let it cool down then put in the fridge for a little bit then into the freezer to grow some nice big clear spice xtals. there is still some goodies in the yellow/brown goop but it is harsh smoke so you can save it and use it in changa or something.

Posted Image

#6 Warren

Warren

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 09:56 AM

how fine did you grind your bark? it should be a fairly fine powder. chunks are fine if you are doing an AB but can give bad yields if you do a STB like lazymans. you should be fine with that ratio of bark/lye and a 24 hr wait though. a hot water bath will make all the difference. it will break down the bark better and allow the naptha to hold more spice so you will get better hauls of xtals per each pull. as for HEET look for this stuff in the auto section at a store, they have it at gas stations too usually.

Posted Image

after you get your spice if it is a little (or alot) yellow you can so a simple recrystallization with bestine. get 2 shot glasses or some other small glass container and put your spice in one and some bestine in the other. heat them up in a hot water bath and add the bestine to the spice little by little with a dropper till it all dissolves. there will be some chunky yellow brown goopy gunk on the bottom after that so pour off the clear bestine into another clean container and let it cool down then put in the fridge for a little bit then into the freezer to grow some nice big clear spice xtals. there is still some goodies in the yellow/brown goop but it is harsh smoke so you can save it and use it in changa or something.

Posted Image

well a update i left the bark to soak for 13 hours in the water a noah mix and mashed it up with a patatoe masher for half hour and now poured naptha in 300ml and now leaving it what u recommend to do next let it soak and how long ? i just want it to work lol

#7 j4yl0w

j4yl0w

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 04:11 AM

then going to pour 250ml of naptha on top.

this is way too much naptha for one pull
better to use 50ml and pull more often to get a better saturation and ensure that the molecule will magically manifest when in the freezer

i read it helps to warm the whole thing in a hot water bath while pulling since the naptha can hold more molecule when hot, but i never do it. Room temp is just fine

when you siphon off the naptha and its milky then you can be sure that it will precip. If its not just put it in the fridge and let it slowly evap over a few days until it gets milkier

Also i always put it in the fridge for at least 24 hours before i carefully hurl it in the freezer. After a day in the freezer i decant it and let the naptha run through a coffee filter while in the freezer. At that step its good to be quick so that everything stays cold as ice.
Sometimes i forget it in the freezer for a few days and it looks like it precipitates much more.

The solids are left to dry in my kitchen and then its ready to go. Mine is usually white, yellowish, orange or a bit brownish. Its all good from my smoking expierience.

if you feel its dirty because you sucked up some mimosa soup you can rex with bestine and wash with sodium carbonate

dont rush it, make yourself a nice atmosphere and wait for feeling ready

Edited by j4yl0w, 02 December 2011 - 04:29 AM.

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!