Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Love or money?

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

Poll: love? or money?

love? or money?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Mrs.Hippie3

Mrs.Hippie3

QueenBee

• Founders
  • 11,065 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

love is better than money. imho.

• mushit likes this

#2 firebeard1982

firebeard1982

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:43 PM

I don't want to sound greedy but without money I'm not happy & it would cause issues in my relationship due to my anger from having no money so I had to say money.

#3 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:53 PM

yeah money can't buy love and it can't buy true happines but, it does help LOL

#4 Freaky

Freaky

Head Editor

• Expired Member
  • 12,219 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:55 PM

I'm a lover :heart:
  • SparkyAnn likes this

#5 probe

probe

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

i have to say love is better than money...
money cant keep u warm at night,give u attention or affection,conversate with u or relate to ur problems at work, but it can help you to do things with the one u love and provide for the one you love so on and so forth,and i dont think money is needed for a happy relatiionship thats just my $.02

#6 Dr.Hallucination

Dr.Hallucination

Chasing the Rabbit.

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 6,458 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

Love for sure,it feels better and lasts longer,oh ya and its free.
I love life.
Things like the ocean,the forest,plants,animals,simple things like sitting by a river or listening to the waves crash on the shore,I truly love that stuff.
I love my family and friends.Maybe one day I will even fall in love and have children I will love"unlikely" but MAYBE lol.I do also love being single so...lol.....I love Mycotopia,and strawberries too,mmmmmm strawberries.

Money is like a drug,it is only good when you have it,and lots of it too.As soon as you run out its like a damn crack addiction,always wanting more more More,then when you have none you get all fiendish for dollars.

Greed corruption war poverty,just a few things caused by currency,or the lack there of.Money is not a solution to these problems either,in most cases it is the cause and or reason.

You can not buy true happiness or love.You cant buy those cherished memories we all have,you can only buy crappy objects designed to break on you and then piss you off.I am not so concerned about getting rich.Just being happy as possible,and hey,what more can you ask of life then to be happy and loved in return.
  • MycoDani and rainbowsmurf like this

#7 sporekid

sporekid

Mycomaniac

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

Money is a great thing in a relationship, without money no relationship, no relationship = no love!!!:horse:. Being happy is entirely a different issue!!!

Edited by sporekid, 17 November 2010 - 10:29 PM.
Make it clear

• marmy likes this

#8 cym

cym

Forming Member

• Expired Member
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:04 PM

i picked love because there was no option of "love and money" :eusa_shhh:lol:

#9 ethnobotanist420

ethnobotanist420

Welcome to the Machine

• OG VIP
  • 3,494 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:43 PM

:heartbeat; money is essentially useless IMO.

#10 iamsmiley

iamsmiley

the ice woman

• Expired Member
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

true love is hard to find,i can always make more money! money does not matter until you have none...i've always been a creative money maker.

#11 SpiritMolecule

SpiritMolecule

Spice Cowboy

• Expired Member
  • 939 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

I can tell you that I am in a marriage where there is rarely any money at all. The kind of poverty where electric company disconnect notices come in the mail, and we go to the free food bank at the church. There have been times that we break up cigarette butts for the tobacco, and we ride the bus because there is no money for a car, insurance, gas, etc. My wife and I fight a lot, even though we love each other dearly.

No matter how much you love your significant other, being broke causes tension and problems. The most beautiful relationship can be RUINED by poverty, so I am going to say focus on money and resources, and let love find its way into your life after that point.
  • papaver2 likes this

#12 Irishlion

Irishlion

Holding Tank

• Expired Member
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 12:43 AM

i picked love because there was no option of "love and money" :eusa_shhh:lol:

or love of money.
  • marmy likes this

#13 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:26 AM

well Im a commerce student, economics and management ftw. When people ask me this question I always respond...

"Stand on the outside and scream at the walls all you want and maybe they will tumble down in some biblical sense, as for me, infiltrate and change from the inside."

I love business, and I love its power in delivering good to the world. In most cases it has been perverted in a flurry of patents copyrights and legal lawsuits. selfish human nature and the existence of individuals with intention to exploit other people's love for their gain in money.

The philosophical leader is paramount in Plato's The Republic.

As for money, I don't love it, I agree with the before mentioned money sure makes loving a whole lot easier, if a business person can truly provide a solution for society at large that benefits society at large, then people will willingly pay money for it. Dont love money, love what you do, and money will follow. Its a definite love, baby.

and that is my $0.02.

PS. I class my self as a "Neo-Hipp Entrepreneur,"...and in the words of Mark Zuckerburg in the movie, The Social Network (facebook)..."Im a CEO, bitch!"

Edited by Spliff, 18 November 2010 - 01:29 AM.
Vote

#14 sporekid

sporekid

Mycomaniac

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:34 AM

I can tell you that I am in a marriage where there is rarely any money at all. The kind of poverty where electric company disconnect notices come in the mail, and we go to the free food bank at the church. There have been times that we break up cigarette butts for the tobacco, and we ride the bus because there is no money for a car, insurance, gas, etc. My wife and I fight a lot, even though we love each other dearly.

No matter how much you love your significant other, being broke causes tension and problems. The most beautiful relationship can be RUINED by poverty, so I am going to say focus on money and resources, and let love find its way into your life after that point.

Thats reality man!!! That is what happening!!! And reality bites!!!:cool:

#15 Beast

Beast

That's Mr. Beast to you..

• Expired Member
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:35 AM

http://mycotopia.net...=1&d=1290062111

Attached Thumbnails

• true love.jpg

#16 mydarling

mydarling

(actual mycologist)

• Expired Member
  • 4,025 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:37 AM

for being an accidental poll, this sure turned out to be a popular one.... :eusa_thin

#17 sporekid

sporekid

Mycomaniac

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:41 AM

As for money, I don't love it, I agree with the before mentioned money sure makes loving a whole lot easier, if a business person can truly provide a solution for society at large that benefits society at large, then people will willingly pay money for it. Dont love money, love what you do, and money will follow. Its a definite love, baby.

WHOW Man!!! We dont say that we love money!!! The question is Love or Money, not do you love money!!! Definitely you are a CEO and no discrimination here!!! :rolleyes:

#18 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

@Sporekid, misunderstanding...

I don't love money, I love business and what it entails. Money is just a part of that. Like when I say economics, most people instantly jump to capitalist pig, but really, the science of explaining rational choices of an individual that is influenced by the variable of money.

For me, I know that if I don't make it to the business top and leave my mark on this world in that way iv always got a little piece of land on the coast, where I can surf and live off the grid self sustainable. Its my comfort to know that I can choose to stop playing my game at any point and that really, it doesn't matter.

"It is better to be violent, if there is violence in our hearts, than to put on the cloak of nonviolence to cover impotence." - Mahatma Ghandi (This was surprisingly in the A-Team 2010 movie, lol)
  • TastyBeverage likes this

#19 sporekid

sporekid

Mycomaniac

• Expired Member
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Wid all my respect and apologies!!! :headbang:

#20 Spliff

Spliff

Mycotopiate

• Free Member