Fisana

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Love or money?

• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

Poll: love? or money?

love? or money?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#141 Rictus

Rictus

VIP Member

• OG VIP
  • 138 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 12 January 2016 - 05:51 PM

The census is Love and I agree, but it's not so cut and dry.

I think both are important. So, I didn't vote.

Both can be found if you look in the right place. I don't believe one is more rare than the other, it is all about attitude and perspective.

I believe money can bring people close and push them far apart. It's always better if you meet someone before you have money, because then you know that they were there for you and not  your money. It's unfortunate that certain people value money in such high regards that they let it determine their partner and the rest of their life. People always want what they don't have and the grass is always greener on the other side. Money can buy you things that love can not and love can buy you things that money can not.

Love is a revolving door, if you don't have the time, patients, motivations, or drive to hop in and push you will never find it. Money and love have many aspects in common with one another. You can't cheat love, but you can cheat money, this is why moneys cheap and love isn't.

Edited by Rictus, 12 January 2016 - 05:53 PM.

#142 darci

darci

snarky butt monkey

• OG VIP
  • 1,054 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:19 AM

omg... love!

are ya fukkin' stupid?

• Spooner likes this

#143 rainbowsmurf

rainbowsmurf

Mycophage

• Expired Member
  • 130 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 04:27 PM

Love over money every time.

.I have always lived my life recycling, repairing or swapping skills I have for things I want or need doing..  I work enough hours to pay my rent, pay for food and utilities and then I don't work again unless an unexpected expense crops up or its time to pay the next months bills. A bit unusual but it works for me.

I have had money. I have been broke and homeless. Never had love until recently. And it is amazing!  :wub:that is  :biggrin: 

#144 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,817 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:37 AM

omg... love!

are ya fukkin' stupid?

Money is easy and can thrive adequately amid deception and selfishness,

Love is the tough one, it requires a level of both honesty and selflessness.    

But the above quote says it more eloquently than the 10,000 words that come to my mind.

• Arathu, Alder Logs and Juthro like this

#145 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Love don't pay the bills.

#146 Spooner

Spooner

Horney Toad

• Black VIP
  • 1,817 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:07 AM

Love don't pay the bills.

Love exists in a dimension without bills or taxes, ask a bushman or a mushroom..   :meditate:

Edited by Spooner, 18 June 2017 - 11:10 AM.

• Arathu, Juthro and Heirloom like this

#147 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:24 AM

Love does pay the bills, or not, depending...    

• Juthro, Spooner and Heirloom like this

#148 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,562 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Love (IMHO) is an energy, compared to money or riches which are just commodities.

The great thing about love over money is that when you freely give love, the amount you have doesn't diminish, that is not the case with money.
  • Spooner and Heirloom like this

#149 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:24 PM

When I was young and ignorant I would of chose money. now I am older and would chose Love.

it's because of Love that some people get up in the morning and slave to pay bills

wow this is an old thread
  • Spooner likes this

#150 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:42 PM

I guess I'm old and disgruntled with love. Made a lot of bad decisions for love.
  • Juthro likes this

#151 Juthro

Juthro

dope smoking hillbilly

• OG VIP
  • 4,562 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

It doesn't have to be love of a specific person. It can be just the love of ones fellow man, or love of mother nature.

Try doing some random acts of kindness that you expect no return, or reward from. You might be surprised how much it helps to heal the inner you and leave you with feelings of happiness.
  • Arathu, Alder Logs, Spooner and 3 others like this

#152 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:09 PM

The answer to this question reveals to the individual where their values are placed.............

What one does with that information is up to them...........personally I'll love the folks I love with or without Caesar's coins........

If the rest of society would leave me the fuck alone I wouldn't worry about it too much.........

As things stand today most of us are roped into indentured servitude and extorted by a gang of fucking criminals calling themselves the "authority".........

I'm almost completely out of their game now and it feels great........I own everything I have to the extent that is allowed by said criminals..........

Still I'll choose to take love over money any day of the week.............I decline to elaborate any further............

A

• Juthro likes this

#153 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

I get so much pleasure out of reading the stuff on Topia, I feel like I know you guys.

jk your image looks just like my neighbor across the street

#154 jkdeth

jkdeth

Mycotopiate

• VIP
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:04 PM

The avatar is actually Jack Deth, from the b sci fi movie series Trancers. I'm a big b movie fan. In real life, I look like Mick Foley or Jerry Garcia, depending on how much hair I'm running at the time

#155 Heirloom

Heirloom

practitioner

• OG VIP
  • 3,825 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

one day we'll have Jerry Garcia impersonators like they have Elvis impersonators, I look like I could be Jerry or someone

#156 Alder Logs

Alder Logs

Shiitake Novice 206 Logs

• OG VIP
  • 9,143 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:50 PM

Jerry's kids.   Henh.

When the ideas held about love are of a personalized form, love becomes a kind of a deal, and not so far removed from our relationships with money.   The only love we feel is in ourselves, whether or not someone or something else is involved.    It's that impersonal love inside us that's the real deal.  We might come to know it and then make the mistake of thinking it came from somewhere else.   We are love, and what we believe separates us from the experience of ourselves, the way we arrived here.   Don't believe anything you think about love, because it's way beyond that kind of knowing.

• Arathu and Heirloom like this

#157 Arathu

Arathu

Dirtmaker

• OG VIP
  • 4,375 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:26 AM

Hahahahahahaha....Jerry's kids........... :biggrin: These are known as Topia Coffee Spitting Incident's..... TCSI

See humans are sign makers, we label stuff and think we know whats going on because we labeled it....

Like anything else I think I know I don't really take it too seriously anymore.......I do well to remember that I'm full of shit

But when the big three agree on something I have reprogrammed myself to place my value there......and pay particular attention

If my head-heart-gut complex agree it tends to make the gardens grow well.........(I'm on a metaphor kick lately)

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!