#1 Moo

Moo

Gazer, Grazer

• Expired Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:05 PM

Hey did anyone ever grow any of these?

http://mycotopia.net...t-giveaway.html

They were delicious! I had some of these and some of the G-pa Ott strain of MG's turn out pretty this year. :loveeyes:

Any-who, was curious to see if others enjoyed them.
:bow:

#2 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

Lol, I love those peter peppers.

I attempted to grow the ghost this year, but later learned the seeds were Dorset Naga. Some reports claim they are different, others that they are the same...

So I dunno. But I can tell you they were searing hot. Too hot for me, I guess. Plus they didn't have a lot of flavor. I grew some of my other favorites and were VERY pleased, as usual, with them. Namely the fish pepper for a milder heat that is reminiscent of peppercorns. And the smoky-ness of habeneros. This year I grew these tiny yellow habs... fabulous.
  • usagolden likes this

#3 the1

the1

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:03 PM

I heard those ghost peppers are military grade didn't they used to be called cordite?

#4 Kronos

Kronos

bioluminescent

• OG VIP
  • 509 posts

Donator

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

There is a new chilli in town called the Trinidad Scorpion, Capsicum Chinense.
Trinidad Scorpion
Rumour has it that the Guinness Book of Records is about to crown the Trinidad Scorpion the World's Hottest Chilli. Just one look at the scorpion tells you that this is one hot chilli. From its Habanero-shaped top to the kick of its scorpion tail, this chilli means business. Originating in Trinidad, the chilli has a fruity flavour, coupled with a tremendous heat that has been recorded in excess of 1.3 million Scoville Heat Units. Not one for the feint-hearted!

Tested at 1,300,000 SHU+
I have some seeds, Ill be growing them this year.
stacks_image_350_1.png
Yellow 7 Pot
Yellow 7 Pot is an extremely rare chilli so you could be one of the first in the country to try this superhot pod! The 7 Pot is one of a small collection of seriously hot pods to come out of Trinidad in recent years. The chilli apparently gets its name from being so hot that it can heat up seven pots of stew; one pod, one family one week! That's a mighty hot chilli and some serious value for money! Guaranteed to set your mouth on fire!
stacks_image_360_1.png
Morouga Red
The Morouga is thought to be a cross strain of the Trinidad Scorpion and Red Savina chilli (once the hottest chilli in the world until it lost its crown to the mighty Bhut). This chilli can certainly hold its own against the heavy-weights of the chilli world, one strain testing at over 1.3 million SHU. This chilli looks a little like a Scotch Bonnet with the tell tell pimples of the Naga. A very rare chilli and evilly hot!
stacks_image_355_1.png

Edited by Kronos, 17 February 2011 - 04:23 PM.

• mycowarrier likes this

#5 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

I could never dare!!!:laser: That's your butthole a day later.

#6 Bobcat

Bobcat

Selah!

• Expired Member
  • 3,573 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

Sure, but that goes away, you get used to them, build a tolerance.

#7 Mike-420

Mike-420

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 879 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

I could never dare!!!:laser: That's your butthole a day later.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!! Im with you on this one i could not nor would not eat anything that hott.. i got enuff with my redbull turning my insides out.

#8 mycowarrier

mycowarrier

former blockhead

• Honorary Former Staff
  • 3,559 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:10 PM

Nice write-up on those new peppers Kronos :thumbup:
There are some funny videos on youtube of different peppers being bioassayed. Here is just one
whFYCbmPQgU

#9 mzmgzr

mzmgzr

grimm

• Expired Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:40 PM

Ghost peppers, in fact any chili peppers are some of my friends and I favorite things to grow. Cooking with them is also pretty amazing too.

#10 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:38 AM

That's pretty funny. When we lived on the farm our boss would have his friends eat purple peppers in the fields, with no milk or water, and they'd go running for the lettuce after about a minute.

#11 Kronos

Kronos

bioluminescent

• OG VIP
  • 509 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2011 - 08:03 AM

Nice write-up on those new peppers Kronos :thumbup:
There are some funny videos on youtube of different peppers being bioassayed. Here is just one
whFYCbmPQgU

That's nice of him, he has some milk WD-40 and eye wash handy!

Eating a hot chilli produces Endorphins in your brain, This can result in a 2-3 minute high, which is comparible to a Opium hit.

If you have not tried it, I suggest getting some chilli's in to check it out.

#12 woopty

woopty

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

Does anyone have any nice hot pepper seeds they might like to trade?
I've got a mix of 6 kinds of habanero, but I'm always looking for more tasty peppers......

I've got the following to trade:
Basil; Lime and Cinnamon varieties
Mapacho Tobacco (Nicotiana Rustica)
Smoking Tobacco Mix (20 varieties all mixed together)
Poppies; Hungarian Blue Variety
Wisteria

Just hit me up via PM if anyone is interested

#13 Stoned Angel

Stoned Angel

aka dew drop daddy

• OG VIP
  • 1,993 posts

Donator

Awards Bar:

Posted 18 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Eating a hot chilli produces Endorphins in your brain, This can result in a 2-3 minute high, which is comparible to a Opium hit.[/SIZE]

I had no I idea. I thought it was more like "what did I do to myself!!!" Then a high, and definitely not opium more like "what the fuck did I do to myself." That's funny, to bad it's not like DMT, or felt like takin a hit of opium, if it was true for me I just might be hooked on HOT HOT peppers. :lol:

#14 Kronos

Kronos

bioluminescent

• OG VIP
  • 509 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:08 PM

Yea it is really like " I'm struggling to breath", but you do get proper high for it.
Try it, just the once, you cant knock it till you tried it!
Ill send you one If you want.

I had no I idea. I thought it was more like "what did I do to myself!!!" Then a high, and definitely not opium more like "what the fuck did I do to myself." That's funny, to bad it's not like DMT, or felt like takin a hit of opium, if it was true for me I just might be hooked on HOT HOT peppers. :lol:

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!