• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 pert1989

pert1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:54 AM

Whats peoples views/experiences with these herbs? Has anyone experimented using them together?

#2 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,761 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:33 AM

I didn't really like any of them separately, so I was definitely not going to mix them up. With kanna and kratom, I felt like I had to put too much conscious effort into finding the experience pleasurable since for me at least they really weren't, though some people seem to love 'em. At least kava wasn't unpleasant, but it also wasn't much of anything at all for me.. Your mileage may vary...

#3 AdSchepvla

AdSchepvla

Badoh negro symbiont

• Expired Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:14 AM

kratom is a funny thing IMO, though it's just a nice feeling, nothing more. bit like the first pot of the day, just feeling nice, no extras. kava, as i understood it, has to be prepared in the traditional (ie chewing it and thus mixing with saliva) way in order to exhibit it's full effects. but that's just paper knowledge since i never tried it.
but about mixing things up... really don't know. tha plants you mention are not known for having particularly strong effects, so i'd think if you desire anything strong, try someting else. still curious about your findings though

-AdSchepvla

#4 pert1989

pert1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:30 PM

kratom is a funny thing IMO, though it's just a nice feeling, nothing more. bit like the first pot of the day, just feeling nice, no extras. kava, as i understood it, has to be prepared in the traditional (ie chewing it and thus mixing with saliva) way in order to exhibit it's full effects. but that's just paper knowledge since i never tried it.
but about mixing things up... really don't know. tha plants you mention are not known for having particularly strong effects, so i'd think if you desire anything strong, try someting else. still curious about your findings though

-AdSchepvla

what herbs would you recomend that are strong but wont mess my head up and damage my body? I want something that will chill me out, lift my mood and cure my anxiety.

#5 King Ebenezer

King Ebenezer

Mycotopiate

• Expired Member
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:36 PM

Honestly nothing is going to cure your anxiety and mood that easily. I would really recommend you find ways of dealing with the issues that cause you to have anxiety (through tripping, meditating, or whatever suits you). Personally mescaline has been something that has really boosted my self-confidence and improved my day to day mood. Like anything though, this isn't be an "easy fix", you will still have to face your problems and work through them day by day. That being said you might try give passionflower tea a try although it is very mild like the other herbs that have been mentioned. Good luck :hippie:

Edited by King Ebenezer, 22 November 2010 - 05:41 PM.

#6 simpleman

simpleman

Screaming at the Moon

• Expired Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:45 PM

Ive tried kavalectone paste. It was so mild, anything I felt was probably just placebo.

I agree with King. Try meditation mixed with exercise and a good diet.

#7 Bulk

Bulk

Plausibly Deniable

• Expired Member
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:53 PM

Honestly nothing is going to cure your anxiety that easily. I would really recommend you find ways of dealing with the issues that cause you to have anxiety (through tripping, meditating, or whatever suits you). That being said you might try give passionflower tea a try although it is very mild like the other herbs that have been mentioned. Good luck :hippie:

I agree, coping skills are a must, and that's before involving drugs!
You really need to know yourself.

If you're having issues with anxiety in everyday life you need to learn to cope. If it's just when your high, well..... Let the rest of us know when you find the answer to that one.

Everyone has dif ways to deal with anxiety, for that matter, different people have dif levels of anxiety from dif substances.
SO it's hard to say which is best, or the best way to deal with it.

I just smoke weed, works for me!

#8 McDozd

McDozd

In this moment

• Expired Member
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:11 PM

I just smoke weed, works for me!

Amen.
Mc
:hippie:

#9 Stanky

Stanky

Former Member

• Banned Member
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 06:52 AM

Kratom , I like it . You have to eat alot . like 3g right off the bat to get the itches and high like you took two vicodines .I dont think its gonna help you with your problems , just get rid of pain and/or get you "that " kinda high .It also tends to make you snappy towards others (just like other opates) I have eaten tons of this stuff as it is easy to do cause it takes alot . coming off of a binge eating it will get you sweats , and anxious not helpping you .

kanna , I havent tired it .

kava , dont take to much , it will get you a nice drunk feeling .low doses will chill you but , it isnt enjoyable in higher doses . too much will make you puke alot . try and drink a sobe drink with kava in it years later and the smell will trigger you to puke again almost like a conditioned response . Still not helping you

though I havent tried kanna , it dont think it will cure you either , maybe take up a new sport or hobby instead?

#10 TVCasualty

TVCasualty

Embrace Your Damage

• OG VIP
  • 10,761 posts

Awards Bar:

Posted 23 November 2010 - 08:38 AM

what herbs would you recomend that are strong but wont mess my head up and damage my body? I want something that will chill me out, lift my mood and cure my anxiety.

Regularly taking a B-complex multivitamin helps (esp. with anxiety), as does exercise. In the herbal department, valerian is good (sometimes it takes a lot, but it does work).

It helps to decide whether you want to reduce anxiety and generally feel better or if you want to get high on something. Sometimes getting high on anything except chemical sledgehammers (like heroin for instance) is going to leave you just as anxious as you were before because the underlying problem is still going to be there and you're still going to be thinking about it.

So, a philosophy I live by is when my head is where I want it to be, I stop. Usually that means stopping drinking, not loading another bowl or taking another hit, things like that. It's the eternal search for balance. Good luck!

#11 tenjin

tenjin

dizzy with possibilities

• Expired Member
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:30 AM

Ya I agree Kratom probably isn't what you want for anxiety. although it can be quite euphoric and opiate-like at times, but tolerance seems to build quickly and you have to eat a good bit if it's not a extract. I found the 50x from a sponsor is great at only 500mg! I will say it's main use IMO is VERY helpful to those suffering from opiate withdrawals and wanting to stay off of them. since it has action on your receptors the same way opiates do, giving you some relief. plus it's high in antioxidants, to help repair any damage a opiate binge has done. you will go through some minor withdrawals with it if it's been a habitual thing, but it's nowhere near as severe as a oxy or heroin withdrawal.

can't comment on kanna and kava didn't do much for me, maybe i didn't take enough or something.

for anxiety, valerian, blue lotus or passion flower might be good. but, like others have said, it's better to find a way to do it on your own without the need of chemicals first. cannabis works well for me in that department, it's a one stop shop for most people's ailments. but, some people say cannabis gives them anxiety. so, everyone is different i guess and like TVC said that is so true: It's the eternal search for balance!

#12 Guest_jay pheno_*

Guest_jay pheno_*

Posted 23 November 2010 - 10:40 AM

i really dig kratom . only had some that was given to me , but i enjoyed it !

took alot to get where i wanted to go ,, like 10 grams or so but smoke alittle weed after eating it an its very enjoyable IMO.

its also one of the only plants ive yet to grow ,, been looking for cuttings for couple years .

#13 Lookin 2 Grow

Lookin 2 Grow

Is Growing ;)

• Free Member
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:39 AM

I tried Kava the other day for the 1st time (4 heaped tablespoons)
& I thought the taste & effort of downing it doesn't outweigh the high obtained..

Made me dosile & sleepy. Kinda stupid..

Always an experience trying something new & I'll prob do it again.

I'll have to find some Kanna / Kratom

#14 AdSchepvla

AdSchepvla

Badoh negro symbiont

• Expired Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 02:32 PM

wow, if you want to 'cure your anxiety', herbs are probably not the solution. they can help you indirectly, by altering the way you look at yourself and your environment, but it's not a 'morphine for the pain' kind of thing and they don't work instantly (or... at all). that being said, if you want to chill out, there are quite a few options. valerian is a heavy one on the chilling (or more precisely sleeping). blue lotus is great. low doses of lsa can be very chill. pot is great but addictive. lion's tail, sinichuichi, catmint and others have very light (barely noticable) but nice effects... what does, in your opinion, 'chilling' mean? forgetting the madness of the day? being in a dreamlike state?

#15 pert1989

pert1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 08:55 PM

wow, if you want to 'cure your anxiety', herbs are probably not the solution. they can help you indirectly, by altering the way you look at yourself and your environment, but it's not a 'morphine for the pain' kind of thing and they don't work instantly (or... at all). that being said, if you want to chill out, there are quite a few options. valerian is a heavy one on the chilling (or more precisely sleeping). blue lotus is great. low doses of lsa can be very chill. pot is great but addictive. lion's tail, sinichuichi, catmint and others have very light (barely noticable) but nice effects... what does, in your opinion, 'chilling' mean? forgetting the madness of the day? being in a dreamlike state?

chillin to me means relaxed, feeling of well being, lifted mood and i want to have a nice buzz too but dont wanna be fuked up. My axiety isnt bad at all, it is prob beer/drugs that has caused it cos i havnt had any for nearly two week and i feel great. Im gonna start swiming and weight training asap. Im gonna replace beer/drugs with safer herbs that wont make me look and feel ill, I want relaxing, mood lifting, antideppresant herbs that i can take every day and not worry about messing my self up like beer/drugs do. Its become a hobby researching herbs and i cant wait to experiment with them. The herbs im gonna try first are kanna,damiana,blue lotus,skullcap,cali poppy and chamomile. I will smoke kanna and cali poppy. And make tea out of the rest, probably will be best to leave skull cap till bed time. What do you you think of this?

#16 AdSchepvla

AdSchepvla

Badoh negro symbiont

• Expired Member
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:26 AM

chillin to me means relaxed, feeling of well being, lifted mood and i want to have a nice buzz too but dont wanna be fuked up. My axiety isnt bad at all, it is prob beer/drugs that has caused it cos i havnt had any for nearly two week and i feel great. Im gonna start swiming and weight training asap. Im gonna replace beer/drugs with safer herbs that wont make me look and feel ill, I want relaxing, mood lifting, antideppresant herbs that i can take every day and not worry about messing my self up like beer/drugs do. Its become a hobby researching herbs and i cant wait to experiment with them. The herbs im gonna try first are kanna,damiana,blue lotus,skullcap,cali poppy and chamomile. I will smoke kanna and cali poppy. And make tea out of the rest, probably will be best to leave skull cap till bed time. What do you you think of this?

yeah, i know what you mean... a couple of years ago i realized that i was addicted to drugs that didn't make me feel any better. i fucked up everything i started, looked like a zombie, my friendships were based on using drugs etc.
i also started collecting herbs and books about herbs/psychedelics. my first experiences with herbs were desillusional, since i was used to mdma/speed and the likes. but i found the plants that suit me best and in some four years time my life has changed drastically...

as i understand it, you are not really interested in psychedelics, eh? for me, using a psychedelic every 3/4 weeks 'works better' than using a relaxant on a daily basis. but i guess that's just a personal thing. the blue lotus is a great thing. i almost like it as much as i like opium poppies, but well, i guess opium poppies aren't the thing you're lokking for right now. (though i must say they can be very nice, if, IF you can handle them. i don't find it hard not to use them, but the thought of using can become very annoying.) which brings me to california poppy. i've never used it myself and don't know much about it, but i do know that all papaveraceae plants can be very dangerous and have known a guy who was hooked on rhoeadine (the active constituent of 'normal' poppies, i.e. not somniferum). chamomile is a nice herb, but it works on a hard-to-notice scale. if you like chamomile, try fennel, sage and diktamos (a greek herb). they have nice effect, if you have the sinews to notice it...
wow, this is becokming some long story. maybe i should quit. have fun researching your herbs. don't be disappointed if miracles don't happen. be safe. oh, and maybe you should do some research on the plant ipomoea violacea. it was an eye-opener to me

-AdSchepvla

#17 pert1989

pert1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:47 AM

yeah, i know what you mean... a couple of years ago i realized that i was addicted to drugs that didn't make me feel any better. i fucked up everything i started, looked like a zombie, my friendships were based on using drugs etc.
i also started collecting herbs and books about herbs/psychedelics. my first experiences with herbs were desillusional, since i was used to mdma/speed and the likes. but i found the plants that suit me best and in some four years time my life has changed drastically...

as i understand it, you are not really interested in psychedelics, eh? for me, using a psychedelic every 3/4 weeks 'works better' than using a relaxant on a daily basis. but i guess that's just a personal thing. the blue lotus is a great thing. i almost like it as much as i like opium poppies, but well, i guess opium poppies aren't the thing you're lokking for right now. (though i must say they can be very nice, if, IF you can handle them. i don't find it hard not to use them, but the thought of using can become very annoying.) which brings me to california poppy. i've never used it myself and don't know much about it, but i do know that all papaveraceae plants can be very dangerous and have known a guy who was hooked on rhoeadine (the active constituent of 'normal' poppies, i.e. not somniferum). chamomile is a nice herb, but it works on a hard-to-notice scale. if you like chamomile, try fennel, sage and diktamos (a greek herb). they have nice effect, if you have the sinews to notice it...
wow, this is becokming some long story. maybe i should quit. have fun researching your herbs. don't be disappointed if miracles don't happen. be safe. oh, and maybe you should do some research on the plant ipomoea violacea. it was an eye-opener to me

-AdSchepvla

Thanks for that reply, nice talking to you, im gonna get some kanna,damiana and chamomile first and try that, and im onlt getting chamomile for the lovely taste it has plust it sooths me and is dead cheap! Take care :)

#18 theMallacht

theMallacht

Cacti Farmer

• Expired Member
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:17 PM

Chamomile is extremely nice as a bedtime tea. I often enjoy a chamomile, lavender, and fennel tea before bed. It makes me nice and sleepy.

I highly recommend Kratom, a buddy of mine and I will both vouch for Kratom 100%, it has always been very enjoyable. Just make sure to only order it every once and a while as it can be addictive, although I've never had a problem not taking it. It acts on the same receptors in the brain as opiates but isn't an opiate so it's assumed to be less addictive.

#19 pert1989

pert1989

Mycophiliac

• Expired Member
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

Chamomile is extremely nice as a bedtime tea. I often enjoy a chamomile, lavender, and fennel tea before bed. It makes me nice and sleepy.

I highly recommend Kratom, a buddy of mine and I will both vouch for Kratom 100%, it has always been very enjoyable. Just make sure to only order it every once and a while as it can be addictive, although I've never had a problem not taking it. It acts on the same receptors in the brain as opiates but isn't an opiate so it's assumed to be less addictive.

Im gonna try it out if i like it im gonna get it every2-3 week, ive herd taking kanna before kratom potentiates it and you need half the amount you would normly need! whats the buzz like socialable? i know its a downer and doesnt buzz you UP like e or speed, whats it like with music?i love music as i make my own and wanna dj soon( mostly dubstep atm) do you rekon kratom will be good to take while making music on the pc or does it just make you mong out?

Like Mycotopia? Become a member today!